Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Louisiana Style Recipes I - Beignets and Shrimp Grits (Update - 9.7.2020)

by icemunmun Posted 1st Apr 2018 at 9:38 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 10:04 PM by icemunmun

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:23 PM
Thank you! <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:56 AM
Thank you! BTW, where did you find the crab cakes and mango custard?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:42 PM
Another receipe...yum grits! Thanks for sharing
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 9:31 PM
Another lovely meal. Thank you for all that you do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:20 PM
this is awesome but...cherry? i was born and bred in NOLA and i have never seen a cherry beignets! lol Its just plain covered in powdered sugar with some cafe au lait

Love this though
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jjonewell1977
Thank you! BTW, where did you find the crab cakes and mango custard?

Oh i will release those when they are ready

Quote: Originally posted by krimsonnox
this is awesome but...cherry? i was born and bred in NOLA and i have never seen a cherry beignets! lol Its just plain covered in powdered sugar with some cafe au lait

Love this though

Ah. I had to use some non custom base game ingredient for it, so I went with cherry arbitrarily ( to serve as a sweetener instead of sugar)

Thank you everybody, 3 more recipes are coming up in this series - Jambalaya, Cornbread and crab cakes
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:33 PM
Icemunmun thank you so much. I have so many of your food mods. I'm especially grateful for all the incredible Indian food. However I am having an issue specifically with the Lousiana Style recipes 1 and 2, everything except the cornbread. I have tried both versions (custom and no custom ingredients) and no matter what, MCCC throws out a 'get_model' error in the last exception text. I narrowed it down to those mods specifically but I'm not sure why there's a problem. Again the cornbread is fine, but the jambalaya, shrimp and grits, beignets, and crab cakes are giving the errors. Any thoughts? I have the most updated custom food interaction script and I really want to be able to use these recipes like all your awesome others. Thanks again!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 9:06 PM
Oi, my Sims might build a shrine to the Creator in the Sky for all the food offerings they enjoy! :)
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:37 AM Last edited by mythicgeek : 30th Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mythicgeek
Icemunmun thank you so much. I have so many of your food mods. I'm especially grateful for all the incredible Indian food. However I am having an issue specifically with the Lousiana Style recipes 1 and 2, everything except the cornbread. I have tried both versions (custom and no custom ingredients) and no matter what, MCCC throws out a 'get_model' error in the last exception text. I narrowed it down to those mods specifically but I'm not sure why there's a problem. Again the cornbread is fine, but the jambalaya, shrimp and grits, beignets, and crab cakes are giving the errors. Any thoughts? I have the most updated custom food interaction script and I really want to be able to use these recipes like all your awesome others. Thanks again!

I don't know why but I decided to redownload these again for one more try and they suddenly work! so thank you again for making them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 12:58 AM
Thank You Sooooo Much...muah!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:28 PM
Just want to say I've been using your mods for years and I really appreciate the hard work that you continue to share with the community.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:41 PM
I love all your mods tysvm <3
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:31 AM
Like you asked, here's the LE report attached
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (15.3 KB, 41 downloads)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 9:47 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:31 PM
Default Last Exception Error
Hey icemunmun,

I am getting some last exception errors off the Shrimp Grits (both with and without corn). I was trying to find some other bad cc and have confirmed and isolated this as one of the problems. I have attached the report I was getting (EDIT: after I figured out the attach I got them both in a zip file). The other related food (beignets and corn) don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks!
(PS: SUPER love all the custom food!)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Shrimp Grits.rar (2.0 KB, 18 downloads)
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:12 AM
Thanks I will check out the LE!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#18 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishca
Hey icemunmun,

I am getting some last exception errors off the Shrimp Grits (both with and without corn). I was trying to find some other bad cc and have confirmed and isolated this as one of the problems. I have attached the report I was getting (EDIT: after I figured out the attach I got them both in a zip file). The other related food (beignets and corn) don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks!
(PS: SUPER love all the custom food!)

Hey the error was due to a bowl mesh i forgot to include. I later included it in the Custom food interaction mod itself. Can you check with the latest food interaction update ?

Thank you :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:31 AM
This is a big thing, here in the south (I'm in North Carolina), so, it's good to see my sims enjoy it. Thank so much for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 6:25 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:39 AM
These are broken after today's patch