Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Feminine & Manly Traits

by Daleko Posted 22nd Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2018 at 1:31 PM by Daleko : German translation added

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 9:22 PM
nice traits thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:43 PM
Awesome! Cannot wait to try!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:37 PM
Are these available for making a feminine male sim or a manly female sim too?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:42 PM
Nicely done!
I love the way you worked those traits out (by reading the description)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Are these available for making a feminine male sim or a manly female sim too?

Sure! But the feminine male will attract males and the manly females will attract females. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 2:14 PM
Love it. Thanks a lot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 2:35 PM
thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 1:24 AM
I LOVE the idea of this trait, but instead of giving the attraction trait to nearby male/female Sims, can it be given to Sims who have the other trait? I.e. feminine trait sims get the "wow so manly" from manly trait sims, and vice versa? Most of my Sims are gay so I wouldn't get to enjoy the full effect of these traits properly. :c
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TacoBunny
I LOVE the idea of this trait, but instead of giving the attraction trait to nearby male/female Sims, can it be given to Sims who have the other trait? I.e. feminine trait sims get the "wow so manly" from manly trait sims, and vice versa? Most of my Sims are gay so I wouldn't get to enjoy the full effect of these traits properly. :c

It's a nice idea. I'll work to another version of this trait. Stay tuned :-)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:14 AM
This mod was approved by a real moderator.

If you don't like the stereotypical traits provided here, you can move along. Any posts not providing constructive feedback or high praise will be deleted. I expect anything that does not fit that to be reported. Remember folks, don't feed the trolls.

I don't know much about TS4 and traits, but if this were more unisex, then I'd be interested. Because I CLEARLY need a man to sit at home and cook forme. Nekkid.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
This mod was approved by a real moderator.

If you don't like the stereotypical traits provided here, you can move along. Any posts not providing constructive feedback or high praise will be deleted. I expect anything that does not fit that to be reported. Remember folks, don't feed the trolls.

I don't know much about TS4 and traits, but if this were more unisex, then I'd be interested. Because I CLEARLY need a man to sit at home and cook forme. Nekkid.

LOL, I'm sorry, you're right. Thank you!
Well, if you find a good chef, let me know. I'm searching one too. Nekkid as well
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
Great mod, I can now make the most manly Duke Nukem ever!
I guess this is the world we live in though... A Manly and Feminine trait mod needs a trigger warning. *rolls eyes*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 4:13 AM
Hm...maybe I'm not as feminine as I thought...I don't cook or clean much, but then again, I suck at manual labor too since I'm not very strong, even for a woman. Then again, my natural traits would be a combination of bookworm, computer whiz, lazy, and geek, with just a tiny bit of erratic thrown in. Then again, when I was a kid, my favorite color was yellow not pink.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Daleko : 27th Apr 2018 at 1:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simsilikesims
Hm...maybe I'm not as feminine as I thought...I don't cook or clean much, but then again, I suck at manual labor too since I'm not very strong, even for a woman. Then again, my natural traits would be a combination of bookworm, computer whiz, lazy, and geek, with just a tiny bit of erratic thrown in. Then again, when I was a kid, my favorite color was yellow not pink.

You're right, you aren't stereotypical feminine. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 12:27 AM
Too many people get offended by everything nowadays. Keep the traits coming! I love modding traits and careers, too. Downloading this now!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 7:05 AM
I'm a feminine old school lady and I needed this mod in my life. Thanks for the work you put into it. <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 8:49 AM
Wow!! Totally downloading it!! Thank you! Great mod!
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st May 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TacoBunny

This is a great idea. My sim world is very diverse and this solution would work for more situations.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd May 2018 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by burn666
My apologies for my former post. Thank you so much for this mod, the Sims 4 was entirely too lacking in the sexism area and this totally adds the much needed sexism. I'm so thrilled you created this mod. Have you considered adding autonomous interactions between manly and feminine such as backhand for manly and bobbitt for feminine. If you would like someone to create the animations I could learn blender to create them, I don't imagine it would be hard with my lightwave experience before I lost much of my fine motor control.

I do hope this isn't mistaken for sarcasm, totally serious offer, with my background I really should learn modding ti give back to the community, The bobbitt interaction may be inappropriate for MTS, I'm trying to think of something closer to backhand and maybe a bit humorous for feminine, maybe rolling pin or frying pan, wish it neatly fit into a single word like backhand does.

No, this is a feminine/manly traits mod. On other websites, made for 18+ NSFW mods for the sims, you can find a lot of sexual mods with animation.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:25 PM
I am very offended that u didn't make these unisex so to rectify this now imma need you to make manly-feminine and feminine-manly traits as well and everyone attracted to each verse like the others people said . I mean without having to chose something to boost skills( drools). I barely get lost for words except when i see good damn mods and this is here is a good damn mod that a must have >.> seriously i need it unisex so my gays well be really gays like my straight actually acting straight and yes i am that stereotype. but the sims 4 seem so unisex to me woman need to work hard to get recognize in those fields that what make them role models and man are sexy when they preform manly labor and are smart to boot So i am very happy about this mod. Thank you they need to put a trophy for this trait that just my opinion.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:30 AM
Now I can properly make a metro-sexual sim and a tomboy sim. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:49 PM
I like what you're trying to do, I wouldn't give the feminine trait to my simself, but I can totally see myself using it for other sims. Honestly, I'd even tell you to take it a step further and give them a tendency to gossip and watch romantic movies! XD

The manly trait, however feels rather unbalanced. While the feminine trait is great in it's caricaturesque nature, the manly trait seems to me lacking in that department. First off, you totally forgot the fishing skill: manly man go to the lake to drink beer and fish with their buddies, it is known! And dancing: real men don't dance either, just as they don't become scientists or tech guru's: while the careers are mostly dominated by men, it's not the traditional manly man who takes that route. I'd even say the trait should be incompatible with Nerd, and they should have a harder time befriending them. Business, Athlete and Manual Labor look fine to me, Detective is a bit of a doubt for me, as I think it suits them in theory, but as it is in the sims, it's a bit too much on the brainy side, and medicine just looks random, specially because, as it was the first 'scienticey' career deemed appropriate for women, it's one of the most equalitarian nowadays.

To even out things between the feminine and masculine trait, I'd compensate the fact that they have career advantages with a negative trait behaviour, probably hot-headed. And, of course, feminine should be better with the parenting skill, whereas masculine would have a bit more trouble.

Regarding attraction, I think throwing in the whole opposite gender (or even everyone attracted to their gender) is a bit too much. I am a very straight woman who is very much unnactracted to manly men, so yeah, nope. Maybe they could be attractive to more specific sims, like, people of the opposite gender who have their trait couterpart, or jealous sims? Idk, just throwing in ideas.

Anyway, thank you for the mod, I'm deffinitely downloading the feminine trait and will keep an eye out for other versions of the traits
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FeaGalaxia
I like what you're trying to do, I wouldn't give the feminine trait to my simself, but I can totally see myself using it for other sims. Honestly, I'd even tell you to take it a step further and give them a tendency to gossip and watch romantic movies! XD

The manly trait, however feels rather unbalanced. While the feminine trait is great in it's caricaturesque nature, the manly trait seems to me lacking in that department. First off, you totally forgot the fishing skill: manly man go to the lake to drink beer and fish with their buddies, it is known! And dancing: real men don't dance either, just as they don't become scientists or tech guru's: while the careers are mostly dominated by men, it's not the traditional manly man who takes that route. I'd even say the trait should be incompatible with Nerd, and they should have a harder time befriending them. Business, Athlete and Manual Labor look fine to me, Detective is a bit of a doubt for me, as I think it suits them in theory, but as it is in the sims, it's a bit too much on the brainy side, and medicine just looks random, specially because, as it was the first 'scienticey' career deemed appropriate for women, it's one of the most equalitarian nowadays.

To even out things between the feminine and masculine trait, I'd compensate the fact that they have career advantages with a negative trait behaviour, probably hot-headed. And, of course, feminine should be better with the parenting skill, whereas masculine would have a bit more trouble.

Regarding attraction, I think throwing in the whole opposite gender (or even everyone attracted to their gender) is a bit too much. I am a very straight woman who is very much unnactracted to manly men, so yeah, nope. Maybe they could be attractive to more specific sims, like, people of the opposite gender who have their trait couterpart, or jealous sims? Idk, just throwing in ideas.

Anyway, thank you for the mod, I'm deffinitely downloading the feminine trait and will keep an eye out for other versions of the traits

Hi there! Great tips, thank you. To be honest, I've no idea where are you from, but in my European country "manly men" are exactly as in the trait! Maybe I should watch more American comedies :P

Have fun!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:44 AM
That's exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 3