Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jungle Adventurer Custom Career

by DrAnimaniac Posted 16th May 2018 at 10:56 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2019 at 2:45 PM by DrAnimaniac : Updated for game version 1.52.100 (June Patch)

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:55 PM
I just got Jungle Adventurers and this will definitely help me build up the skills before I take my sims to the jungle. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:01 AM
this career is awesome it will go with the new aspirations as well because there's no job that lines up with the new aspirations. i don't like that because it's hard to give my jungle sims a job, i just usually give them the secret agent career because why not lol. so thank you so much for this mod :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim_Krazy
I just got Jungle Adventurers and this will definitely help me build up the skills before I take my sims to the jungle. Thanks!

I hope it will prove useful to you and you will enjoy it. Thanks for downloading!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th May 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucky Fire
this career is awesome it will go with the new aspirations as well because there's no job that lines up with the new aspirations. i don't like that because it's hard to give my jungle sims a job, i just usually give them the secret agent career because why not lol. so thank you so much for this mod :D

I hadn't even thought about the aspiration aspect, so I'm glad this will help you with that as well. Thank you so much for downloading and do enjoy!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th May 2018 at 12:10 AM
Wait.. how exactly does this work? Do sims go to work when they're in the jungle?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue
Wait.. how exactly does this work? Do sims go to work when they're in the jungle?

No, they go to work like any other job with set hours. It's still a rabbit hole career, but I added the feature of skill gain after each shift worked for the sake of realism and to aid in adventuring. You may still go adventuring like normal, but if you go at a time you are scheduled to work, you will miss work and be penalized as usual. If you do want to adventure for a length of time, I recommend you utilize my generous PTO accrual rates and take a vacation using that PTO. I hope I've made things clearer for you now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:44 AM
does this still work with the seasons update??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kpop4eva83
does this still work with the seasons update??

I'm updating as we speak, the new version will be up soon! Thanks for your patience.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 1:51 AM
I've updated as of today, so everything should work again. Please let me know if there are any issues and thank you for your support!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:17 PM
This isn't working after the July 31 patch update...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chiastallon
This isn't working after the July 31 patch update...

I've updated the career for the latest patch and all should be working again. Thanks for your patience!
Scholar
#14 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 12:35 PM
If you make this a career similar to the city living ones, where they can 'work from home' couldn't they actually go to Salvdorada? That way sims could actually work in the jungle! Maybe if you made another version of this that does that. I dunno, seems like a great opportunity and fit for this kind of career, it would almost be like an actual active career. Unless they can't go somewhere and still work? I don't remember. Hmmm.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
If you make this a career similar to the city living ones, where they can 'work from home' couldn't they actually go to Salvdorada? That way sims could actually work in the jungle! Maybe if you made another version of this that does that. I dunno, seems like a great opportunity and fit for this kind of career, it would almost be like an actual active career. Unless they can't go somewhere and still work? I don't remember. Hmmm.

I think that's a great idea! I'd love to create that, but I'm afraid my modding skill hasn't quite reached that level of programming. However, I continue to learn more as I go, so if I am fortunate enough to learn how to do this, I will absolutely give this a go. Thank you for the suggestion!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 7:11 AM
Hmmm, all of the career mods in my game stopped working after the latest patch (7/31), except this one! What is your secret?
Scholar
#17 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrAnimaniac
I think that's a great idea! I'd love to create that, but I'm afraid my modding skill hasn't quite reached that level of programming. However, I continue to learn more as I go, so if I am fortunate enough to learn how to do this, I will absolutely give this a go. Thank you for the suggestion!

Maybe you could take a sneak peak at the work from home careers that noellebellefleur has done, or ask her how she did it? If I knew more about modding and xml I'd do it myself, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rachulsy
Hmmm, all of the career mods in my game stopped working after the latest patch (7/31), except this one! What is your secret?

No secret, I just hate waiting forever for mods to be updated after patches, so I try not to let it happen with my own.
I also kind of live on my computer, so I can keep up with it more frequently I guess. I appreciate you downloading it though, so thanks!
Knowing that people there are simmers like you looking forward to my mods being updated also motivates me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:19 PM
Maybe you could take a sneak peak at the work from home careers that noellebellefleur has done, or ask her how she did it? If I knew more about modding and xml I'd do it myself, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I have thought about reaching out to other modders, so that's a good idea. I might see if I can figure anything out or I may just ask her directly if I can get in touch with her. Thanks for the suggestion!
Scholar
#20 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrAnimaniac
I have thought about reaching out to other modders, so that's a good idea. I might see if I can figure anything out or I may just ask her directly if I can get in touch with her. Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome! I hope you figure something out, it would be so cool.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:52 PM

I imagine that'd be challenging, since you have to "take a vacation" in order to get to Selvadorada, lol. It's be way cool if someone could figure that out tho!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for your patience everyone! The career has been updated for the Get Famous patch and should work again. As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions. Thanks for your support!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 8:23 PM
Does this work since the ECO update?
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 2:16 PM
Default No it doesn't work anymore :(
Quote: Originally posted by Kalimabw
Does this work since the ECO update?

No it doesn't work anymore
When it's time for the sims to go to work, they just don't go