Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tube Teleporter

by K9DB Posted 25th May 2018 at 11:01 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2020 at 1:11 AM by K9DB

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:44 PM
This is sick! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:59 PM
Amazing!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:59 AM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th May 2018 at 5:31 AM
Thank you!!! Now I will go and have fun. No offense, but when I get on MTS or any other cc site, I will be on it all day.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:43 AM
WOW! Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2018 at 1:10 PM
Thanks guys! Glad you like :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th May 2018 at 6:46 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have the master marker behind the tube elevator (directly in the middle of the 2x2 tile the marker shows) and a slaver marker in the same position in the basement, but I can't interact with either of the tube elevators. I just get a red don't symbol when I hover over them in live mode and no interactions.
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:36 PM
Default Hmmmm
Quote: Originally posted by peardude
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have the master marker behind the tube elevator (directly in the middle of the 2x2 tile the marker shows) and a slaver marker in the same position in the basement, but I can't interact with either of the tube elevators. I just get a red don't symbol when I hover over them in live mode and no interactions.

If I remember what the creator said, you need to put the master marker on the lowest floor and slaves above it. I haven't downloaded this yet (about to) and I haven't played with it, but you may want to try it with the master lower than the rest and see if it works that way. Just a thought. If I find a solution other than that I'll let you know after I play with it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:10 PM Last edited by K9DB : 26th May 2018 at 11:31 PM.
Hi @pearduke and @Tenoracity . You have to place the Master marker on the first floor, above ground...you'll notice it disappear if you put it in the basement.
I'm not quite sure I understand, but is it possible you're clicking on the tubes themselves to make them work Pearduke? They don't require clicking, they work autonomously. If you tell a Sim to "go here" upstairs or downstairs they will automatically use the tubes to get there.
Sorry for the confusion, added that to the description now
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th May 2018 at 7:26 AM
Thank you so much! This looks like it will be a lot of fun. ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th May 2018 at 2:17 PM
That's exactly what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the quick reply, these look like they can be fun to play wth!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th May 2018 at 4:30 PM
Thank you! My science lab just got a whole lot better!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peardude
That's exactly what I was doing wrong. Thanks for the quick reply, these look like they can be fun to play wth!

Thanks for letting me know, glad it's working for you now
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:31 AM
Thanks guys! Great to hear you're having fun with it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
Good job! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indiaskapie
Good job! :D

Thanks indiaskapie!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 4:48 PM
Would be cool if I filled all of my neighborhoods with aliens and put this in their homes!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:12 PM
This reminds me of the teleporters that were in TS1! I always missed them. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
Hehe, thanks guys!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:30 AM Last edited by bshag4lv : 29th Jun 2018 at 6:00 AM. Reason: question
I can't seem to find the markers
This is great! Thanks much! Quick question, will toddlers be able to use them?

Edit to say, I only have the tubes and nothing else...location of elevators and markers?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bshag4lv
This is great! Thanks much! Quick question, will toddlers be able to use them?

Edit to say, I only have the tubes and nothing else...location of elevators and markers?

Hi @bshag4lv Thanks! Sorry for the delay, I've been internet-less the past few days. Yup, toddlers and pets can use them too
You'll need to get the "DB_FunctionalElevators" package over HERE. It contains the markers and choose one of the "Elevator Increase" ones so you can place more than one marker.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:11 PM
this is EXACTLY what I need thank you so much you're such a cool creator
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrekkerLLAP
this is EXACTLY what I need thank you so much you're such a cool creator

Hehe, thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:40 AM
I can't get this to work? I've placed one master marker on my first floor, and one slave marker on the floor above. I have script mods enabled, and still my sim complains that they can't get there. Help? I love the idea of this mod
Page 1 of 3