Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:39 AM
Default I presume University is next after Seasons, but what's next?
Probably Farming, but other than that I can't think of anything that would come in EA's mind for a new expansion pack to be developed. It can't be a travelling/vacation destination based pack, since we always get them in GPs and wouldn't make sense for that to change out of nowhere. Island Paradise-esque might appear in those game pack thingies and I'm sure they had learn Showtime might not work from business perspective (or then again, on a contrary TS4 doesn't have a solid counterpart of Nightlife/LateNight which barely shares common similiarities or atributes to GT, so it might afterall work). Can't be Generations, because it's too one-chuck and would suit better as gp or might not even get a taste of to see? daylight since EA as naive as they are would think Parenthood did very well to bring justice to the absent of Family geared gameplay for those players who are begging and demanding since the begging (lol bye to #maketeensgreatagain). Maybe ITF might get a return but with a new twist focusing on player sending his/her sims into the past (many do enjoy oldie-playstyle than those that make up sci-fi demography), but the odds of that pack happening are very slim. Anyway, what do you guys what's the next expansion might be? Or will that be the end of those or just ea will switch GP tactics towards over EP for choosing themes?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM
Why would we know this?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:54 AM
SneakyWingPhoenix, Usually it takes about a week after a EP, GP, or SP comes out before the simmers start speculating.... you are getting a head start!! LOL
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 6:55 AM
I hope it's completely different than such another remake of yet another existing EP from the other series, will make the game stand out what the others haven't got.
Space Pony
#5 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:32 AM
We Need Supernatural!! Vampires And Aliens Don't Cut It!!

Dag-Dag
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:51 AM
If they did university + high school and elementary. But that's a lot in one EP
If not Uni then I think a Supernatural style EP will make a return as a lot of people are asking for it. But I have a feeling they are keeping the sought after ones for when sales are dipping.

I have no idea actually what they could do. So much is half-asses implemented. Unless they released a Improvement EP â„¢ (requires all EPs, GPs and Packs to work) to fix it all

I'd love to see a money simulation type EP (for my simulation game...) that focuses on a bit of micro managing bills and grades and stuff. Child support, government benefits. Making it harder.
Fame could make a return as long as it's not as stupid as in TS3 where every friend of a celeb is a celeb... A rich EP even though I dislike rich gameplay, where snobs and old families get a reputation around town and different benefits.

What I want most is a Hobby EP tbh. Everyday things.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:20 AM
Grant Rodiek has already put out feelers for "Farming Expansion" so they have that in mind sometime maybe. (Poll had nearly 30,000 votes on Twitter and raising livestock won). Look out for one coming up because he will be putting that up against others and doubts that that Farming would win. Anything containing pre-teens would probably win that, judging from the majority of his Twitter users so I suppose university with possibly kids' schools next?

Not keen on University myself, Ambitions, Supernatural or Farming I would prefer.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Grant Rodiek has already put out feelers for "Farming Expansion" so they have that in mind sometime maybe. (Poll had nearly 30,000 votes on Twitter and raising livestock won). Look out for one coming up because he will be putting that up against others and doubts that that Farming would win. Anything containing pre-teens would probably win that, judging from the majority of his Twitter users so I suppose university with possibly kids' schools next?

Not keen on University myself, Ambitions, Supernatural or Farming I would prefer.
Okay, not completely the point of the thread here, but I'll use the opportunity to finally ask - What is the deal with preteens? I just don't get it
In my head toddlers are like 2 to 4 years old, children are like 7 to 10 and teenagers are 15 to 18. So preteens would be something between 10 and 15? Why do people want that? The current life states are not even fleshed out, so why even add another one? I guess I understand the reason to give us a more gradual change, but the gap between adults and elders is probably just as big. I rather want the life stages we have to be better with more unique interactions than just throwing in another one. I don't feel like the resources and time put into that would be remotely worth it.
But maybe I'm overlooking some arguments that speak for preteens...
Instructor
#9 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Okay, not completely the point of the thread here, but I'll use the opportunity to finally ask - What is the deal with preteens? I just don't get it
In my head toddlers are like 2 to 4 years old, children are like 7 to 10 and teenagers are 15 to 18. So preteens would be something between 10 and 15? Why do people want that? The current life states are not even fleshed out, so why even add another one? I guess I understand the reason to give us a more gradual change, but the gap between adults and elders is probably just as big. I rather want the life stages we have to be better with more unique interactions than just throwing in another one. I don't feel like the resources and time put into that would be remotely worth it.
But maybe I'm overlooking some arguments that speak for preteens...

Those who want the "complete family experience" I suppose, like Toddlers!

I wouldn't mind them if we could follow them to school and experience classes etc., but could be added to a Universities pack?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 2:14 PM
Absence of shorter teens is probably why the desire of preteens originated I would guess. I think Supernatural is gonna be peacemeal into gamepacks or the end of it might be at the time and place where witches gonna be introduce in gamepack. There seems no interest in another ambitions related expansion pack, so I doubt that's gonna repeat in another one (though I do wish If they had at least one active career for a new expansion pack that see fits but it's not necessary orientated about jusį following your sim to work).

Theorist
#11 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:03 PM
Ts4 is winding down now, maybe one more pack and EA will move onto something else.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#12 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Ts4 is winding down now, maybe one more pack and EA will move onto something else.

I don't think so somehow. If Seasons is a success, and I think it will be, they will be motivated to carry on with several more packs. These programmers will eventually find they are "trying to fit a quart into a pint pot" as the saying goes and have to give up.

It might give some impetus for EA to think more about a Sims 5 and experienced programmers to get it right next time though!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

My theory is that preteens were (as I recall) in the first Sims mobile game, the one that took most of its assets from TS2. Since that game was undoubtedly a success in EA's eyes, they conclude that there must be a demand for pre-teens.

Mind you, my theory is that we will get pre-teens, but we will never get shorter teens. I want very much to be wrong, so disagree-bombs away!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:02 PM
You can already build a farm with the planter boxes but it's not as detailed as it needs to be
And for preteens, children go to elementary school and the teens go to high school so I always found it kind of unnatural

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:03 PM
Shorter teens will be pre=teens. The Excuse for that life stage is exactly why many want them.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 4:48 PM
I figure the occults are all coming in Game Packs, a la Vampires. I'd like to see Superheroes, but I suspect that would be a game pack as well?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:24 AM
cars and horses?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:54 AM
cars won't work in a closed world is some areas in sims 4 where houses are not connected to roads.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

Grant said they are planning for 3 more years, so it's not winding down.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:36 AM
There be more expansions and game packs for 3 years more of sims 4.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
cars and horses?

I suspect those would come out in their own dedicated pack.
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
cars won't work in a closed world is some areas in sims 4 where houses are not connected to roads.

While I do agree to this, but not to "won't work". Sure it will sure from the lack of animation, the implementation (since the engine is set in stone) can be just plain car teleporting in and out (at the very least, I wished for door animation to exist) and a new object that allows cars of npc and played to be parked on community lots.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartkinz17
You can already build a farm with the planter boxes but it's not as detailed as it needs to be
And for preteens, children go to elementary school and the teens go to high school so I always found it kind of unnatural
That makes it more of an American thing then (and whatever other countries have such a school system). In my country you only have two different schools - Elementary school (first to fourth grade) and then another school (fifth to twelfth grade). Then college, university, apprenticeship, job or whatever else.
If they ever implement preteens and add something like middle school then I wonder how they would translate that for other countries who don't have that concept.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:36 AM
Preteens are confusing. Better not implement them. Weird hybrid of a child and teen. That's why I would love If the next game tackles gradual growth (similar TS3 mod principle).

Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Absence of shorter teens is probably why the desire of preteens originated I would guess.

That's pretty much what it comes down to for me. The heights and the faces. I prefer teens in my game to actually look like that bridge between child and adult (which is basically what your teenager/puberty years are supposed to be). Not just adults with slightly rounder faces. If we can't have that with teens anymore, let's get a preteen stage.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's why I would love If the next game tackles gradual growth (similar TS3 mod principle).

Unless there's a way to make it happen only when you want it to happen, I'd actuslly prefer they didn't do this. And given how weird EA is with giving us choices as of late, I could definitely see this being a thing we don't have a lot of say in.

My sims don't age unless I tell them to. Gradual aging could possibly screw that up for me xD

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:27 PM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:39 PM.
I really really hope they do an autonomy and traits overhaul. Because quite frankly the fact that Sims 4 Sims are indistinguishable from one another makes it really hard to care about them. Like at all. Make traits more indepth and personality focused like in Sims 3, Add Favourites from Sims 3 and Turn Ons/Offs From Sims 2 + The Sims 2 memory system, heck even include the Stats aswell as the traits...as I recall that went towards some pretty esoteric stuff in edition to the whole obvious Smart sims want to be abducted and see ghosts thing. I could swear some Sims really liked certain options on the phone for instance and you would get terrible relationships with them if you discussed the topics that got them triggered oddly I think I had to talk with one neighbour about politics to calm them down...that was weird in hindsight. So adding that back in would be very interesting. In fact in general making friends and seducing people should be a lot harder than it is currently. Also they need to change happiness and being uncomfortable to not actually be emotions/actually be the only two emotions because quite honestly it made more sense that way. Also the emotions system should be overhauled to be unseen but also more useful i.e. Grief should last longer. Seriously it took 1 moodlet in Sims 3 to represent mourning a loved one (and you'd cry no matter how happy you were) but you might never bust a tear in Sims 4 if you have too much happiness. Take a guess at which one I think is more realistic

Traits in Sims 3 did more than just make Sims good at stuff. They added quirks and personality. The traits like Unlucky and Coward I espeacially miss. Frankly they should have been in the base game.

Sims 4: Believable Individuality
Is the only Sims 4 expansion I care about.
Page 1 of 4