Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default-Replacement Set of Elixirs!

by SpinningPlumbobs Posted 27th Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:27 PM
Awesooome!!
Thank you so much!
Such a nice idea. ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:41 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to make a couple elixirs myself. If you ever get it right, send me a message and let me know.

Can't wait to try this out in-game.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 2:19 AM
Is it possible to have a version that's not default? Or maybe a pick and choose version? I'm pretty interested in the love potion, but I'd still like to keep the old versions of some of the others too.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:05 AM
This is awesome.. I'm seriously impressed... Great idea!!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:10 PM
Kewl beans! I've learned a lot from this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
Is it possible to have a version that's not default? Or maybe a pick and choose version? I'm pretty interested in the love potion, but I'd still like to keep the old versions of some of the others too.

I'll try my best to create and post individual packages for each potion, but unfortunately, you would only be able to use 1 at a time. :/
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:34 AM
Why does this mod require Generations and Showtime as well as Supernatural? (I have Generations, but not Showtime, and was hoping I could use it.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:02 PM Last edited by murfee : 30th Jun 2018 at 1:14 PM.
Omg, you are a freaking genius!!

One favor, though: is it possible for you to please make these potions separate, in separate files that we can pick and choose from? I really like SN's Bees Attack Potion as it is, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice it for an anti-vampire potion.

The other replacements are awesome, though!
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Why does this mod require Generations and Showtime as well as Supernatural? (I have Generations, but not Showtime, and was hoping I could use it.)

I'm assuming because the first potion uses a moodlet used by genies.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco

I agree, this would be awesome!
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 12:25 AM
I've got a Victorian world that I've tricked out with mods to make it as authentic as I could. This mod is amazing. It's got so much possibility. I'd love to see a set of Victorian nerve tonics and emetics and other historical medicines (and default replacement would be perfect, so you wouldn't even have to solve that problem). Let me know if you're interested, and I can come up with a list of names and moodlets.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 8:34 PM
Would this conflict with Mix Many Elixirs or the Mix More Alchemy Potions? If so, is there any way to eliminate the conflict? I love your mod, but I also love being able to mix so many at once & all the options we can have with all the mods. Supernatural is one of my FAV expansions along with IP.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:18 AM
Love this! I wish they would have been separate and not replacements however. Kinda like the more alchemy mod. ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:33 AM
Great mod, I loved it. I've always liked this mystic part of the sims making potions and stuff. I am not a modder but I have many ideas for some mods.

Since you asked us to give you some ideas here, haha

Poisons - I do not know if it would be possible, but it would be very nice to be able to make potions of poisons, where the victims would have to prepare an antitodo or a spell to be able to heal

Oblivion Potion - Like the spell in the Sims 2, a potion that would simulate forgetting all the relationships and memories he has.

Wolfs Bane Potion - Potion to make werewolves faint.

Lucky Potion - Lucky for the sim.

Potion to cure diseases - Why go to the hospital to take a vaccine if you have the ability to heal at home.

Curse Potion - Curse in a bottle.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 8:38 AM
Since you asked for suggestions how about making more potions for the store cauldron? Perhaps the cauldron would allow you to mix less permanent versions of the occult lifestates. Such as mixing a potion that turns you into a vampire, mermaid or fairy for a day or even just a few hours. Also, how about making the Midas Touch potion permanent? Kind of like how sims die by turning into gold from the philosopher's stone.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gaybie
I'll try my best to create and post individual packages for each potion, but unfortunately, you would only be able to use 1 at a time. :/

Not really. If you did it as a scripting mod like this mod here , you can simply add the elixirs to the current list. While I like your elixir ideas, I'm not willing to give up the ones we currently have in the game, and it sounds like at least one other person feels that way as well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:37 AM Last edited by mrdione : 9th Feb 2019 at 12:29 PM.
I really love your mod and I know you probably have moved on from the sims 3 but i just wanted to give you some ideas if you ever updated this.

I really like the zombie potion. so instead of overriding the Zombification potion could you override Lean and mean? It makes sense since you already changed Large and in Charge. and we already have the love charm so maybe instead of Amorentia you could choose another potion from harry potter. Here are some ideas:
Living Death Draught - which puts the drinker to sleep "forever" unless cured by the Cure potion or the sunlight charm
Polyjuice Potion - allows the drinker to temporarily turn into a clone of a nearby sim
Veritaserum - when thrown at another sim, it reveals all their traits. when an active sim drinks it, they become observant for 24 hours and learn all the traits of every sim they contact

Also, here are some suggestions for other potions to be replaced:
Simbot elixir could be replaced by a Banishment elixir, similar to the genie's banish power
And maybe the magic binding potion can a bit more dangerous where it not only depletes magic for witches (and fairies) but weakens them physically, like maybe a 25% or 15% decrease in all motives)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:22 AM
Wonderful!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:32 AM
Wonderful! :p
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 9:12 AM
It's a shame this doesn't have a non-override version, I hope you release it one day because this looks so cool.