Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM
Default What Holidays Did You Make?
I really liked the Spooky Day holiday from TS3 so I remade it!

What did yall make/edit?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:42 PM
spooky day was my first. I did a summer day that I set on a heat wave where they play in water to cool down. I've noticed the game adds some small festivals through the year. So far I've seen a lottery and a day dedicated to skilling.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:56 PM
St. Patrick's Day! Traditions are Drinking, Fighting, Party Spirit, Streaking, and the Music/Art one.

Then I did a burning man type one where the activities were to light fires, streak, Music/Art.. I saw naked NPCs walking all over town. I'm so easily amused!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM Last edited by NekoMimi : 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:45 AM.
I made leisure day in summer. The traditions were water fun, barbecue, fireworks, and party spirit. I also made Halloween with trick-or-treating, wearing costumes, spooky spirit, and decorate as its traditions. I wish there was a watch scary movies tradition because that's one of my Halloween traditions. One of my sims got married on the third day of summer, so I'll make them an anniversary holiday next. I also made birthdays for a lot of my sims with traditions depending on the sims' personalities. I added summer vacation on days 2-6 of summer with take a vacation as the main tradition. I can't wait until they release sims4studio with all of the tuning that came with seasons. I want to try making my own custom traditions.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:56 AM
I want this noooooow

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:47 AM
I STILL need to buy this. I will make Spooky Day, Leisure Day, and the Fall Festival (even though it isn't a festival). I will post pictures when I get it.
Who remembers the struggle of how LITERALLY EVERYONE WOULD SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST?!?!
Just me? Okay...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:25 AM
I made a holiday where the traditions are to streak, air grievances, cause mayhem, and fight other people.

Because I can.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:41 AM
And I see people complaining over on the OF that there's a lack of options for holidays! Bullshit I say, sounds more like some have a lack of imagination.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I made a holiday where the traditions are to streak, air grievances, cause mayhem, and fight other people.

Because I can.

Best. Holiday. Ever.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:11 AM
Festivus

Air Grievances
Fighting
Resolutions
Storytelling

I placed it the day before Winterfest.

Still, you can't blame me for taking advantage of the first tradition.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex

Because I can.

THE PURGE. I will have this as well.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:18 AM
Judging from the picture this holiday thing just looks like the club feature from "Get Together". Hope they didnt just recycle it.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 12:11 PM
Here's the full list of surprise holidays:

Forum Resident
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:42 PM
I added Hallows Eve (my Halloween) and renamed the other standard holidays. I thought about adding a 'National Day' but I'm not keen on nationalism these days and it just didn't sit right with me to do that. Instead, I'll just have sims take days off during the summer for barbecues and stuff.

I actually really enjoyed this process - the calendar is awesome! I love that we can have different families celebrate the same holidays differently. I have my Vampires celebrate Hallow's Eve with bonfires, dancing, and vampire parties, while my non-occult sims just have treats and decorations and trick or treating.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:08 PM
I added in Midsummer and All Hallow's Eve. Now I just wish I had Midsummer fitting food and decorations.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM
I did Sim versions of the Wheel of the Year along with a Silver Lining Day mid-winter. Exercise, travel, polar bear plunge, tell stories, and appreciate surroundings to get out of the winter blues.

On a related note: Anyone know what 'Attend A Holiday Ceremony' entails? Is that going to a community lot or something?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
Instructor
#18 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
On a related note: Anyone know what 'Attend A Holiday Ceremony' entails? Is that going to a community lot or something?

I think I saw someone mention that your Sims go off to a rabbithole, and 'attend a holiday ceremony' off screen.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andru
I think I saw someone mention that your Sims go off to a rabbithole, and 'attend a holiday ceremony' off screen.

Yeah. So if its a religious holiday you can pretend like your sims go to a Church or a Mosque, and if its not religious (I put one in my Cosplay holiday), you can pretend they went away to attend convention halls.
Scholar
#20 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:38 PM
I got rid of Winterfest and created Family Day, which is actually a holiday in the province (British Columbia Canada) that I live in. It was created around 2009-2011 (not sure exact year) to give families an extra day off in the new year to be together. So I created traditions around that. Made it more about spending time with family than about exchanging gifts for a fake birthday.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:00 AM
I made a Summer Holiday, kind of like a one-day summer vacation with no school or work. And I made a Spooky/Halloween holiday, oh and I made Easter since that was available. I started in Fall and it's Winter now, Winter is just about over, my sims's daughter was born on Christmas, very unexpected as I left their house to tend to another family and I came back and she's pregnant, already in the second trimester. I was sad to have missed it, lol.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 10:00 PM
I like the idea of adding a Summer Solstice (instead of a National day) for sims to have the cookouts and fireworks, and swim etc.
Instructor
#23 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
Chill day. Just watching sims doing nothing. Bascally just a reason for sims to stay home from work or school. I was going to make a wheel of the year-thing,but I cant quite fit the dates in...like that matters,oh silly me.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Scholar
#24 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:27 PM
I just created a summer holiday for kids to get time off of school in the summer. Traditions are water fun, bbq, romance, gardening, and travel. Created them 3 consecutive days in a row, so now my family is in Selvodorada enjoying summer vacation
Scholar
#25 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:29 AM
Can you make a holiday based on The Purge?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 1 of 2