Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 3379 times.
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:26 AM
So Now only Paying Members Can Download off TSR
I am fed up with The Sims Resource. Normally I don't mind waiting an extra minute to download CC if it means avoiding their obnoxious spammy ads. But now it's been increased to 200 seconds and even after the countdown finishes, I am not allowed to download the CC. Instead I get a pop up that tells me my download was blocked until I whitelist or pay them monthly! Are you nuts? So you basically just lied and wasted my time for 200 seconds only to deny my download? I waited the proper time, I should have a right to download that custom content. I am going to go back to using an extension to skip them right away again and if that doesn't work, time to move on and never use their site again. There's a lot better content out there and they're nuts if they think they're worth paying for.
https://prnt.sc/k4ike6
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:31 AM
I have just downloaded an item from there without any issue. I am adblocking them and only got the supossed 10-second wait that immediately goes to zero (effectively, I didn't have to wait at all). I guess it depends on your luck?

Admit it, Milotic is beautiful.
My C:Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:42 AM
I can't say it would surprise me; I've had a very low opinion of TSR for a number of years now.
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:00 AM
I just checked and had no issue at all besides the 10 second wait..
but I'm rarely downloading stuff from there.. I prefer tumblr and such for maxis match cc
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:30 AM
I wasn't having problems before, but then it started last night. I'm also super annoyed by it.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 3:50 AM
I use UBlock Origin and the TSR Ad Skipper extension. Everything's still working fine for me.
Though I have to agree - I wouldn't put it past them at all. Maybe we'll all get that weird update sooner or later.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:01 AM
Try copying the download link (that I'm pretty sure shows up even though it won't let you download) into a new tab in a new window. You should be able to download then.

Technically - they should be reported to EA if the only alternative to whitelisting them (NEVER!!) is paying since that's holding CC behind a paywall. (And yes, I realize TSR and EA used to be buddies.. which is why TSR got away with being a paysite for so long.)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:09 AM
That worked! Thank you, as I am blocked otherwise as will not turn off my ad blocker.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
I use UBlock Origin and the TSR Ad Skipper extension. Everything's still working fine for me.
Though I have to agree - I wouldn't put it past them at all. Maybe we'll all get that weird update sooner or later.


I don't think TSR Ad Skipper is necessary anymore, I'm only using UBlock Origin and it bypasses the countdown clock.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:00 AM
TSR has always been a website riddled with greed. I’m surprised anyone still goes there.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Space Pony
#11 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:21 AM
Eh as cc websites go, I'd say thats no big loss. I wound up regretting most downloads from there for Sims 3 so I never even bothered with it for Sims 4.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:56 AM
The wait doesn't bother me. I just open another window in my browser until the download is ready.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
I hate when they take me to a broken tumblr. Most of their mods don't even work anyway or harm your game.

- Sent from my iHell
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuavecito
I hate when they take me to a broken tumblr. Most of their mods don't even work anyway or harm your game.



This is complete nonsense and you're lucky most of the creators are not rich or they'd sue the ass off you for saying this, and win on evidence. Like all sites *some* (not most) of their CC may not work well. But seeing as they don't offer mods anyway it's a bit ridiculous and patently false to say they're broken. Folks, do try to keep comments fact-based ok?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#15 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 4:43 PM
Maybe_he_has_in_mind_that_game_updates_break_them,__which_of_course_the_claim_remains_false_because_it_isn't_the_contentmod-creators_fault_,but_whoever_designed_the_game_or_technical_limitations.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
This is complete nonsense and you're lucky most of the creators are not rich or they'd sue the ass off you for saying this, and win on evidence. Like all sites *some* (not most) of their CC may not work well. But seeing as they don't offer mods anyway it's a bit ridiculous and patently false to say they're broken. Folks, do try to keep comments fact-based ok?


Hit a nerve, dear?


~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 8:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
This is complete nonsense and you're lucky most of the creators are not rich or they'd sue the ass off you for saying this, and win on evidence. Like all sites *some* (not most) of their CC may not work well. But seeing as they don't offer mods anyway it's a bit ridiculous and patently false to say they're broken. Folks, do try to keep comments fact-based ok?


Damn! That was the most savage I've ever seen you get! O____O

Either way, I am inclined to agree. I get A LOT of mods and CC from people's tumblrs and none of them are game breaking unless I'm using the wrong version. In fact, you're more likely to find REALLY good stuff for TS4 on Tumblr and other personal blogs than you are here or other fan sites.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:15 PM
I still am not even sure how we got to mods here....... as TSR does not have them. LOL
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycowlover
Hit a nerve, dear?


I just find baseless statements a waste of time for an otherwise intelligent poster. Why post untruths when you could contribute something insightful and useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I still am not even sure how we got to mods here....... as TSR does not have them. LOL


Yes, that was my point.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:20 PM
Simdom is better to use IMHO. You can still find stuff from tsr and it is easier to navigate with fewer ads.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:29 PM
not surprised, tbh..everything is PAY PAY PAY these days...
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:35 PM
Whenever I download from TSR I have to close down everything and only have one window/tab up. Then I usuall get teh 10 second wait. If I have more than one window/tab, I get the 180 second wait. There's no way I'm turning off adblock over there. I don't download a lot, since they don't have anything new and interesting in the TS2 section any longer, but I do download TS3/4 items on occasion.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 1:19 AM
Ok, first of all I have no idea why you suddenly jumped to a conclusion without comprehension. How would you like your game crashing or not opening or even the mod/cc working incorrectly about 9 times out of 10? Secondly, what are you 6? You completely voided your argument by acting rude and immature, it lookedd like a personal attack instead of a 'based claim', so where are your bases, I would have immediately drawn the white flag if you simply gave your statistics and I'm sure you would have earned much respect from others. I have a minor in business and am currently a marketing advisor, no that is not grounds to sue since nobody was attacked personally with a real life name. How do you know it was even about a person or website difficulties? Third, have you tried every single mod and cc there? Have you considered the fact that maybe we might both be correct and maybe I was unlucky with what I got? Lastly, this looks like it isn't about Sims, it's about you compensating for something by acting all keyboard warrior. I have nothing against you but you wanted reasons to my claims so I am obligated to give them to you. I'm here if you need someone to talk to if you're going through something. I hope you have a blessed day and your warmest wishes to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I just find baseless statements a waste of time for an otherwise intelligent poster. Why post untruths when you could contribute something insightful and useful?



Yes, that was my point.

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 4:54 AM
Rico, Inge has a lot of respect around here. They have been making mods for The Sims since the first game. When it comes to that and the modding community, they know of what they speak.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 5:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuavecito
Ok, first of all I have no idea why you suddenly jumped to a conclusion without comprehension. How would you like your game crashing or not opening or even the mod/cc working incorrectly about 9 times out of 10? Secondly, what are you 6? You completely voided your argument by acting rude and immature, it lookedd like a personal attack instead of a 'based claim', so where are your bases, I would have immediately drawn the white flag if you simply gave your statistics and I'm sure you would have earned much respect from others. I have a minor in business and am currently a marketing advisor, no that is not grounds to sue since nobody was attacked personally with a real life name. How do you know it was even about a person or website difficulties? Third, have you tried every single mod and cc there? Have you considered the fact that maybe we might both be correct and maybe I was unlucky with what I got? Lastly, this looks like it isn't about Sims, it's about you compensating for something by acting all keyboard warrior. I have nothing against you but you wanted reasons to my claims so I am obligated to give them to you. I'm here if you need someone to talk to if you're going through something. I hope you have a blessed day and your warmest wishes to you.


Just out of curiosity, what mods from tumblr are damaging your game?

The Receptacle still lives!
Page 1 of 3
Back to top