Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 3277 times.
Page 2 of 3
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#26 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:39 AM
And this topic is about TSR, not Tumblr. I've never been redirected or sent to Tumblr when downloading from there. Then again, I only download TS2 stuff from there so...
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:24 AM Last edited by daisylee : 11th Jul 2018 at 7:50 PM.
I have gotten a lot from TSR over the years and thankfully never had a problem. TSR downloads are always directly from there. I use Kaspersky and it screens all, but offhand I do not recall it ever finding an issue from there. I know some others have had problems but I have not.

The only real CC problem I have ever had was when there was that bad doll that messed up the games and some plants that were done, I think from here, (lemoncandy ?), but the person did nothing wrong and we just did not have current information at the time, and they caused the blue lot problem in 3. Other than that, I have had no major cc problems. I have used process monitor to weed out some bad, but none was from TSR that I recall.

If Mutske did a build set for example, odds are I have it. And many other things. Thousands. Tens of thousands probably. (!)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#28 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuavecito
Ok, first of all I have no idea why you suddenly jumped to a conclusion without comprehension. How would you like your game crashing or not opening or even the mod/cc working incorrectly about 9 times out of 10? Secondly, what are you 6? You completely voided your argument by acting rude and immature, it lookedd like a personal attack instead of a 'based claim', so where are your bases, I would have immediately drawn the white flag if you simply gave your statistics and I'm sure you would have earned much respect from others. I have a minor in business and am currently a marketing advisor, no that is not grounds to sue since nobody was attacked personally with a real life name. How do you know it was even about a person or website difficulties? Third, have you tried every single mod and cc there? Have you considered the fact that maybe we might both be correct and maybe I was unlucky with what I got? Lastly, this looks like it isn't about Sims, it's about you compensating for something by acting all keyboard warrior. I have nothing against you but you wanted reasons to my claims so I am obligated to give them to you. I'm here if you need someone to talk to if you're going through something. I hope you have a blessed day and your warmest wishes to you.


Well I apologise if I misunderstood your post. I understood you were saying most TSR mods and CC were broken. And *also* that sometimes you were redirected from TSR to a Tumblr page unexpectedly. What I didn't understand from your post is that you were actually saying most Tumblr game content was broken. If that's what you meant, then I concede that I am not familiar with Tumblr content and I am not therefore in a position to correct you. I do actually know TSR quite well, and have used the site for many years, so I feel fairly confident that their content is reasonable quality on the whole.

@daisylee if ever I need a window to suit a particular build I go straight onto TSR for Mutske first call

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:46 AM
I don't even remember I had to delete so many. But honestly I put way more blame on the updates and EA I didn't mean to blame creators, I'm just antsy because often they don't update the mod/cc so I can keep using it. I was able to keep clothes and hair though I do like that part. I like MTS because I can directly reach out to creators and let them know of any issues, MTS won't let me tell them. The mods from tumblr aren't broken, the links are deleted or missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Just out of curiosity, what mods from tumblr are damaging your game?

- Sent from my iHell
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:28 AM Last edited by GrumpySuzy : 11th Jul 2018 at 11:41 AM.
@RicoSuavecito you should try Sims 4 Studio Batch Fixes because TSR and Tumblr content database is probably too big for every creator to repair and re-upload everything but 99% CC I download off TSR and Tumblr continue to work for me due to the fixes. Kudo to S4S, they are the true wizards of TS4.
Also it is useful to separate tuning mods, script mods, scripted objects, custom harvestibles, foods, traits etc from general CAS, Build, Buy CC because the first one requires frequent maintenance (update after every patch). If you neglect updates even just one patch, they sure will lead to to crash, freeze, unable to load/save and other serious problems.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 3:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmingSince7
I am fed up with The Sims Resource. Normally I don't mind waiting an extra minute to download CC if it means avoiding their obnoxious spammy ads. But now it's been increased to 200 seconds and even after the countdown finishes, I am not allowed to download the CC. Instead I get a pop up that tells me my download was blocked until I whitelist or pay them monthly! Are you nuts? So you basically just lied and wasted my time for 200 seconds only to deny my download? I waited the proper time, I should have a right to download that custom content. I am going to go back to using an extension to skip them right away again and if that doesn't work, time to move on and never use their site again. There's a lot better content out there and they're nuts if they think they're worth paying for.
https://prnt.sc/k4ike6


I just downloaded and it was a 10-second wait. I'm not a paying member. Although if I use Safari it keeps telling me I'm using an adblock which I'm not and won't let me download anything!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 5:49 PM
This topic is kind of shit. I thought TSR was free. Kind of angry right now.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Instructor
#33 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:16 PM
It's been happening to me too. I'm boycotting their site until they get their shit together (which, let's face it, will likely be never). They don't deserve any of my money when I can get content that's just as good, if not better, off this site and Lana's CC Finds for free.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:23 PM
I don't know where the OP is getting that you have to pay to use TSR. I have an extension (someone from here posted it) that allows me to skip the timer and download.
I'm currently using Chrome with Adblock.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Instructor
#35 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:04 PM Last edited by lakme : 11th Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsavagefan
I don't know where the OP is getting that you have to pay to use TSR. I have an extension (someone from here posted it) that allows me to skip the timer and download.
I'm currently using Chrome with Adblock.


They'll block downloading if they catch you using an ad blocker. They don't always catch it, but when they do you can't download anything. This is even with the timer skipping extension.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#36 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakme
...They don't always catch it, but when they do you can't download anything...

I've already posted a possible solution to this earlier in the thread but: copy the download link and open a new window and tab, paste the link in and you should be able to download.

It's been a while since I downloaded anything from there (and it was something I used to have and really wanted back that isn't in the Booty) and that's how I got around being blocked from the download. It may or may not work but it's worth a try.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:59 AM
You can use the Freemium, TamperMonkey script to bypass needing to log into TSR and I think it also bypasses timers, but I'm not 100% certain about the timers since I'm using AdBlocker Ultimate and the site might not detect it.

It looks like the Freemium script is being updated occasionally.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientRome
You can use the Freemium, TamperMonkey script to bypass needing to log into TSR and I think it also bypasses timers, but I'm not 100% certain about the timers since I'm using AdBlocker Ultimate and the site might not detect it.

It looks like the Freemium script is being updated occasionally.

That's what I use to go on there. It still worked the last time I was on there.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpySuzy
@RicoSuavecito you should try Sims 4 Studio Batch Fixes because TSR and Tumblr content database is probably too big for every creator to repair and re-upload everything but 99% CC I download off TSR and Tumblr continue to work for me due to the fixes. Kudo to S4S, they are the true wizards of TS4.
Also it is useful to separate tuning mods, script mods, scripted objects, custom harvestibles, foods, traits etc from general CAS, Build, Buy CC because the first one requires frequent maintenance (update after every patch). If you neglect updates even just one patch, they sure will lead to to crash, freeze, unable to load/save and other serious problems.


Ok, let me try this

- Sent from my iHell
dodgy builder
#40 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 3:17 PM
TSR does have mods for ts4.

The problem with outdated mods has always been the same, if you download GB's of gamechanging mods, you're in deep shit ... very often. Another thing to pay attention to is TSR's uploading rules for houses:

Quote:
2. External Links:
If you use Content from external sites, You must list the CC used in your Notes with links to the CC and credit to the creator. No mediafire links are allowed. You must link to the creatoirs website and page the content is on. No more than 8 External (NOT Including TSR, EA, or EA Store Items) links are allowed to be pictured nor used in previews or otherwise provided on Lots. You may NOT place links to non PG-13 Sites.


The problem of course is if the original creator on tumblr change their links after the TSR upload has been published. Changing a post on TSR after it's been made cannot be done without posting the moderators about it. I cannot change my houses on TSR after it's been approved.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
TSR does have mods for ts4.


OMG so it does!! I hadn't even thought to look cos they never had them before.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
TSR does have mods for ts4.


Well dang, that shows how little I am there now.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#43 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:23 AM Last edited by Don Babilon : 14th Jul 2018 at 7:36 AM.
Well, well, what was that about "getting one's facts straight"? Something something stones and glasshouses


(ETA: And it's got mods for TS2 too! Going back to at least 2007 )
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#44 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 7:50 AM
Don I swear it didn't have mods for TS2 in TS2 days! They must have opened that section after they opened the one for TS4 and populated it retrospectively, In fact I know it didn't because when I made those stairs with one of their artists we had to put the script part of it on simlogical as there was no way of offering it on TSR

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:14 AM
I sure do not remember seeing them for 2 or 3 when they were the current games? But I may have missed something?

Inge, you did some stairs with Gosik, right?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#46 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:01 AM
Yep, was that 2 or 3 now? Lol it all seems soooo long ago. No they definitely didn't have any way to offer mods at that time because we were even in discussion with the management about it. And even at the beginning of TS4 they didn't. It has to have been new since I stopped modding.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#47 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:20 AM
And this, young inhabitants of the simming world, is how old people try to wriggle their way out of the mess they made, instead of simply admitting that they were WRONG.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#48 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:05 AM
I've admitted I was wrong about the current situation for TS4 mods, but I am completely sure there was no "mods" tab or mod downloads during the time I was active as a modder, nor right at the beginning when TS4 came out. I am going to double check now and if I am wrong about that too I shall say so.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#49 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:30 AM
It's okay. Rubbing it in is just a hobby of mine...

Speaking of TS3 mods, I guess the reason why TSR doesn't have any in that category is perhaps because, AFAIK, they only offer sims3pack files in the TS3 section, and apart from EA's own scripted objects at the Store, I have never seen any mods for TS3 in sims3pack format.

The first TS4 mod is, btw, from September 2014. That's the release month, isn't it, and as it's an unlock mod, and the first autonomy disabler is from October 2014, I just wonder in what section they could have been before the appearance of the Mod tag. They're all by Snaitf, a name that sounds familiar already from TS3 days. Weren't they either here at MTS or simlogical, too? Maybe they know more?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#50 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 11:38 AM
Here is the definitive. You can describe me as wrong, nearly right, or partly right as you wish They weren't in another section before, TSR didn't accept mods before, that's why creators with a modded component to their meshes had to put a link to another host in their descriptions. (eg our stairs project)
Screenshots

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Page 2 of 3
Back to top