Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:01 AM
Default Transitioning back to s4... tips and help pls
Hi, this is probably another dead horse thread but seriously... I'm getting to a point in my life where I can't and don't want to log an entire day of "playing" the sims 3 with building, rebuilding, in and out of caw for like 30 mins of gameplay. In that respect the sims 4 is much better although I swore I'd never play the game again... So at the minute I'm trying to get all my bearings together with mods and cc and I have no idea what is going on with the game since I haven't touched it in like two years (I dropped off a few months before the release of city life) so I was wondering... What do I absolutely need to make this game playable, opinion wise, core mods wise...?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:00 AM
I do not play 4 much and use very few mods when I do. I use one that turns the highlights off and the emotional zingers and that is about it. Let me look.

And hide lot trait FX. Those are the only ones in my game right now.

IMO play a bit and see if you are more interested than before? If no, mods probably will not make it much more interesting. I bought seasons half off, installed and played maybe a half hour. Have not played since. Am playing 3. All the reasons you did not like 4 before will probably still be there, or most?

4 has some good things, but just bores me. And I am such a happy camper when playing 3 with my CASt., open world, etc.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:11 AM
thanks daisy, having someone from the s3 community feel the same way is always a validating reminder. As for the sims 3 I'm kind of tired of it. Since I don't play legacy I really have no attachments and while the sims 4 is boring to me I really want something that I can pick up and play. I could NEVER pick up and play the sims 3 because I'm a perfectionist and not even a good one. - u - I'm starting to regret my decision though. The sims 4 still seems like too deep of a rabbit hole. I think I maybe should just slow down on 3. That may be all that I actually want to do.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:39 AM
Must have mods for TS4 should be:

MCCC (allows story progression (to some degree) and makes a lot of stuff in the game configurable)
http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Personality please! (makes the traits much more effective regards sims moodlets and auto actions)
http://modthesims.info/d/594573

Self Configurable Autonomy Mod (to stop stupid actions your sims like to do on their own)
http://modthesims.info/d/602837

LittleMSSam's many fixes and addons (such as elevators, first love mod, Simda dating app, Social activities etc)
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Must have mods for TS4 should be:

MCCC (allows story progression (to some degree) and makes a lot of stuff in the game configurable)
http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Personality please! (makes the traits much more effective regards sims moodlets and auto actions)
http://modthesims.info/d/594573

Self Configurable Autonomy Mod (to stop stupid actions your sims like to do on their own)
http://modthesims.info/d/602837

LittleMSSam's many fixes and addons (such as elevators, first love mod, Simda dating app, Social activities etc)
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/

The self autonomy mod comes with MCCC now, the instructions are with MCCC.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:56 AM
Besides MCCC I recommend Coolspear's mods over at Sims Asylum. They've become vital in my game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
As for the sims 3 I'm kind of tired of it. Since I don't play legacy I really have no attachments and while the sims 4 is boring to me I really want something that I can pick up and play.

I play 3 solely legacy style unless just playing someone to test something. I played until 4 came out and played 4 a bit, then went back to CAW which I love, and now am playing my legacy family again. I am on generation 34. I just do not get attached to the sims in 4. I do in 3. I think in part as for me there is more continuity from birth to death. Hate how the teens are done in 4 for example. And the babies. I love to pan out and see the thunderstorm over the whole hood. My sim just had to jet ski home in the hail. 3 holds my attention even though I have done almost all before. I am doing things again as for me they are fun to do. 3 loads pretty easily for me, so I can pick up and play as wanted.

I bought 4 release day. I have about 850 hours. I have thousands I am sure for 3. My avatar was in generation 8 in the family. Evil kid! LOL
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
The self autonomy mod comes with MCCC now, the instructions are with MCCC.

Well, I know, but I used it since before it got added to MCCC, and not sure how it works as addon
or if it's not easier to use it on it's own
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:35 PM
Honestly that's what may happen. All the old sims 4 stuff I had is all I want and literally every single simblr for them is gone and all the links are dead
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:36 PM
I love to build, build, build, and so for me CASt is essential for me to be happy building. And I love to build on irregular very steep lots with good views. Cannot do any of that in 4. And I do not like the oversize items in 4. I like the more real world look of 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:53 PM
I'd say join a few sims 4 group in Facebook.

And also depends on how you play, you might want pose player and some pose mods too.

Also: MC and Little Ms Sam mods are essential for me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
I'd say join a few sims 4 group in Facebook.

And also depends on how you play, you might want pose player and some pose mods too.

Also: MC and Little Ms Sam mods are essential for me.

That's a bit disheartening. No to facebook lol but also pose player leads straight into dollhouse for me, I mean which is the sims 4, but it's a shame. I'd rather "play" than put my sims into frozen poses and positions and imagine a story is occuring. No diss to anyone else who does that. I just cannot.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
Go back to Sims 3.

I would have suggested Sims 2, since the OP already just said he wanted to switch from that.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I would have suggested Sims 2, since the OP already just said he wanted to switch from that.

I've actually tried playing sims 2 ultimate and I really enjoyed it, but it is also a rabbithole, and in my opinion, a lot more deeper than s4. It is a lot more difficult for me to learn and understand since I initially played on it console and then sims 3 pc before playing sims 2 pc. Going backwards and trying to figure out how the sims 2 worked was difficult but they are so much more interactive, I loved it. In the end I was afraid of messing with mods and I didn't like how there was no CAS (same with sims 4 ofc).
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:55 AM
There aren't actually a lot of mods that are absolutely required to play the game, only a few critical ones like nounlinkondelete, creaturefixes and a very few others. The vast majority of Sims 2 mods are a matter of personal preference and in most cases you can safely ignore them unless some non-critical bug really irritates you or you want to change something specific about how the game works.

"... I didn't like how there was no CAS ..." - I assume you mean that Sims 2 has no built-in way to edit sims that are already in the game? There are some old mods by Christianlov that do exactly that and allow you to edit hair, clothes, etc. on nearly any sim in the game.
Instructor
#17 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:40 AM
I agree about Sims 2. I bought the guides with every Pack that came out with it and it is a lovely game but very complicated. I got addicted to CAS with Sims 3 and barely played the game!
There've been a lot of patches for Sims 4 in the last two years so you would have to patch via Origin and get the latest mods that work with it now. There is a list on Sims Forum. It's a Sims Lite sort of game but Seasons has given it a new lease of life for me. There are several sales about for pack bundles at the moment. Not a game for the super critical but to play whilst watching the TV.

Might be too late to go back though. It's left you behind.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
That's a bit disheartening. No to facebook lol but also pose player leads straight into dollhouse for me, I mean which is the sims 4, but it's a shame. I'd rather "play" than put my sims into frozen poses and positions and imagine a story is occuring. No diss to anyone else who does that. I just cannot.

That's why I said "depends on how you play".

The thing about Sims, everyone plays differently. For me those poses are the same as you ask people to pose to take photo in real life, rather than taking a candid photo.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:30 PM Last edited by lakme : 16th Jul 2018 at 5:11 PM.
I tried to go back to TS4 after Seasons (hadn't played since before Pets came out). First, I had to go through and update or delete all of my mods, which took forever. Then, I played for about two days before realizing that I'd just gotten bored again. Even the holidays get repetitive. I don't know EXACTLY what it is (maybe lack of an open world?) but there's something about TS4 that just prevents me from getting really attached to my Sims or my game. I'm back to TS3 now again. FWIW, I get what you mean about it pretty much being a game you have to commit to for at least a few hours.

But, yeah, I second LittleMissSam's mods, MC Command Center, and Personality Please.

Edit: I also love improved romance animations
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
That's why I said "depends on how you play".

The thing about Sims, everyone plays differently. For me those poses are the same as you ask people to pose to take photo in real life, rather than taking a candid photo.

Sorry! Didnt mean to come off snappy. I was really disheartened just because it confirmed what I already knew about the sims the sims 4, which was that its a dollhouse.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965

This is actually very helpful! As far as me complaining about cas i also meant sims 3's... create a pattern??? whatever the editing thing is for furniture I forget acronyms. I never really got used to items having assigned color palettes you cant deviate from in both 4 and 2. What you've mentioned as well is still very helpful though! It's a shame a topic originally about jumping back into the sims 4 has me leaning back towards 2.