Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Seasons Orchard Trees - Peach and Pear

by Aysarth Posted 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:25 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2018 at 7:14 AM by Aysarth

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:11 PM
Ah you fixed the LODs - well done. They look very nice. What a nice expansion for the fruit trees. Love the pears in particular. Thanks
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:31 PM
These trees are a fabulous addition to the game! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:54 PM
Ah, new fruit trees! Always welcome. Thanks for this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:12 PM
You're awesome! I'm a big fan of your work. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM
Thank you aysarth! My future gardens thank you too!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:26 PM
Lovely! I've been building a medieval neighborhood and the residents have been asking for more fruit trees. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:20 PM
Wow! I have been rebuilding my hood since a computer crash and was just thinking what a shame it was Maxis made all the orchard trees look the same. These will be a great addition to my game, many thanks, Aysarth! Great work!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 2:39 AM
Wonderful, thanks so much for these. As much as I love sun&moons I really like the challenge of the Maxis way of growing produce.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 2:57 AM
I love your harvestables! Thank you so much for sharing.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:38 AM
These are going to be wonderful in my game! I've always wanted my sims to be able to just eat a piece of fruit that they've grown. Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:49 PM
These are great, thanks! Are you planning on doing more of these?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:55 AM
Hello! I got a question, I didn't get that from the description.
You mentioned the fruit can be placed to the fridge, but does it give "fresh food" points?

Even if it's not, it's still a great job you've done and I can't wait to get back home from my travel to download it and play!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:28 AM
@Ignissimo Yes, it gives fresh food points.

@Yvelotic2001 making more orchard trees is on my "maybe one day" list. I would quite like a cherry tree.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
@Ignissimo Yes, it gives fresh food points.

Thank you for your answer. You're very kind.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:11 AM
Thank you so much for these--I've wanted pears since Seasons came out. And one thought about your cherry trees: Raynuss made a gorgeous seasons-compatible ornamental cherry tree. I can't check for sure--his site has closed--but as I recall he had a generous TOU policy. Perhaps it might give you a head start?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:35 PM
This is so cool!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:11 AM
Thank you SOOO much! Basically all my Sims are farmers, and your excellent garden stuff is making their lives much better! I would love it if you made a cherry tree, in the future. Not to be greedy, but maybe also a plum tree? :D
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 1:34 AM
Just wonderfully this will give my Hermit Sims who have a Bronze badge to plant and eat and sell something new. He live and eat off of what he grow from the earth. Thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:12 AM
Does anyone know if these plants have a plant bonus or harvest bonus season?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 4:25 PM
These look amazing! :-) I can't wait to use them in my game.

(As many others have said, it would be fabulous if you do ever make more fruit trees! A cherry tree would be great (they're my favourite fruit), as would a plum tree.).

Our of interest, what other things are you planning on making or considering making at some point? More harvestable crops? Fixed/upgraded versions of the EAxis fruit trees? Completely new stuff?

Whatever your plans for future creations are I really really appreciate the things that you've made and shared with us so far! Thank you! :-)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:32 PM
Thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 7:38 AM
@lauratje86 before I went on holiday I was working on a gussy up mod for the harvested EAxis orchard fruits, to add the Eat Fruit interaction to them. I don't know when they will be done though, because I hit a snag with them, and I am playing more than creating since I came back. After that -probably a cherry tree, since they seem to be popular choice.

Then I would also like to make a custom version of the produce packer from Simwardrobe to crate up a selection of my harvestables, and maybe a custom juicer too, to complete the set. This is speculative though - I never know whether I will actually finish something, until I finish it!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 5:30 PM
According to your description "They have the full range of functionality as the EAxis trees - they need to be clipped, they catch bugs, give gardening skill badges, cause plant sims etc." I installed them and had a household buy them, only over the course of Spring and Summer they were always thriving, never needed to be clipped, no interactions were possible, and were never harvestable even after the use of testing cheats to make them so.

Something was quite wrong with them in my game. I am playing on an iMac with The Sims 2 Super Collection which does not include FT or AL or M&G, it does include all of the other EPs including Seasons.

Any idea as to what might be wrong?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Dec 2018 at 4:15 PM
Hi lordtyger9

No, I am sorry, it might be a Mac thing. Has anyone else had trouble with them on a Mac? The trees were cloned without FT or AL but I could only test them in my game or an AnyGame which required M&G to run.

Have you tried running them with Testing Cheats on to see if error messages were generated and have you tried the HCDU?
Page 1 of 2