Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#51 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:18 AM
Golf mod is another of my ideas - however, though we have the putting animation, we don't have a drive or other strokes.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:48 AM
I've never made something for a theme before. How strongly related does it have to be? I have a lot I'm planning to upload that already happened to include an in-law suite for grandparents, but I don't know if that's really "elders theme" material.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:52 AM
Mini-golf would work just fine!! Or anyway, it'd make ME happy.

Quote: Originally posted by terula8
1: I love the funeral mod. I would insta-download that.

Thanks! I liked your suggested complements to the mod as well. Putting the "FUN" back in "FUNeral"!! haha

Quote:
I'd love to see a golf cart as a driveable vehicle to go with the above golf course mod XD

Unfortunately, gotta put that one on the LONG LIST... There's no known way to make drivable things like that without adding some files that could cause potential harm to your game, and make the items unremovable. It's the same problem with a lot of the animal mods out there that are anything more than sculpture. Could potentially be highly problematic. But i'm sure if it's ever figured out, golf carts will be put on somebody's To-Do list. Me, personally? I'd kill for a snowmobile!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#54 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:01 AM
Lawn bowling? (Elders here seem to be playing every time I drive by the local club).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:13 PM
I suggested that over on page 2 petro.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:38 PM
Ah - didi not see that, Jo Great idea, though!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:44 PM
Great minds think alike

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#58 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:51 PM
Bowling would be lovely but no animation for that either. I wonder ...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:01 PM
How would the animations for lawn bowling be different from the ones for lane bowling that came with NL?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#60 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:05 PM
ooo good point Peni - well done. Maybe less active for elders. That's worth looking into.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#61 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:10 PM
Slowed down bowling animation.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#62 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Golf mod is another of my ideas - however, though we have the putting animation, we don't have a drive or other strokes.

True... maybe I'm easy to to please but I wouldn't mind if it's all putting

Everyone's ideas are so fun sounding!
Theorist
#63 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:58 PM
If we make something using an All About Style mesh do we include it (since the site is "dead") or do we just reference to it? It will require the Wayback machine for people to get the mesh. Thanks.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:17 PM
Include the mesh, give the link/site but state that the site is dead.
Theorist
#65 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Include the mesh, give the link/site but state that the site is dead.

Okay thanks!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#66 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 9:06 PM
Croquet would be absolutely fabulous! For modern elders as well as for historical 'hoods.

Even non-functional croquet deco would be awesome to have! Or a DR of the golf club and ball for the golf career reward to look like croquet mallets and balls, to be used with a invisible recolours of the career reward and deco croquet hoops and peg.

Lawn bowls would also be awesome and useable in historical (Victorian) 'hoods as well as for modern elders.

Golf stuff would be cool too! :-)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:11 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#68 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:25 PM
What is lawn bowl anyway

But really:
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#69 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:33 PM
They don't wear those fancy white outfits round here.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#70 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:47 PM
It's classy where i come from, the yellow polo shirt definitely wouldn't be allowed. White only! And you must be retired, young people are too uncouth.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#71 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 10:56 PM
Nor here, but I'm Australian-need more be said?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#72 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:47 PM
What is lawn bowl anyway

@gayars -- I had to look that up too, actually. hahaha! Truth be told, I was reading about it just before I posted about croquette earlier. I saw a "Lawn bowl" set on a website with croquette gear and had no idea what it was. I tried reading up on it, but the information wasn't very vivid. I've heard it told that the "bowling green" (which i HAVE heard of before) is sorta higher in the center, like a very low-grade cone (??) and something about jacks that I didn't really understand. I dont think there are any bowling pins and certainly no gutter balls! hahahah...

I also read something about Brits making a game of throwing sticks at their Aunt Sally. But that made even less sense to me!

If somebody makes shuffleboard, we could probably turn that into curling during the winter. Mopping puddles, sped up, would make PERFECT curling anims! What's simlish for "HAAAAARRRRRRRRRD!!"?

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#73 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 1:58 AM
Here's my contribution but I have no idea where to put the hashtag...someone? Thank you, HCAC.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=618015

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:45 AM
@HCAC In your tags area. Currently you have #Elder, #Male, #Everyday on your upload, you need to add #themeElders to that list if you want a sticker at the end of the theme.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#75 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I've heard it told that the "bowling green" (which i HAVE heard of before) is sorta higher in the center, like a very low-grade cone (??) and something about jacks that I didn't really understand. I dont think there are any bowling pins and certainly no gutter balls! hahahah...

That's crown green bowling (there are other types - the crown is meant to be a dome like the crown of a hill). The grass lawn is very high quality and the jack is the ball you aim for with the bowls. It's scored on how close you can get your bowl to the jack but don't ask me the details because I'm no bowler.

Page 3 of 4