Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Reduced Mourning from Death Notifications

by cyclelegs Posted 10th Sep 2018 at 2:49 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2023 at 1:01 PM by cyclelegs : File Update - 19 Jul 2023

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 6:22 PM
dude on your pic is happy anyways lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 7:37 PM
Thank you so much. You must have read my mind. I was just looking for something like this. Again thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:04 PM
Word of warning for those who enjoy torturing their sims. This mod stops them from bursting into tears when beaten up
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:18 PM
Thank you!!!! I hate seeing my sims so sad, especially when the death notifications happen between Winterfest and New Year's Eve. They just can't catch a break.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:06 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hate it when my sim is suddenly sad, and I check out the relationships panel to find that some random acquaintance I met once and never spoke to again is dead. I Dont Care, and neither does my sim! This is exactly what I need.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 4:43 AM
Finally!! it drives me nuts that my sims mope around because someone's cousin's brother's neighbor passed away!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:05 AM
SO glad I found this. Gets me so annoyed that my sims go into sad mode over someone they just bumped into and cuz they met them like once they are all broken up when they get called that that sim died. I mean really?? I said hi ONCE and now I'm all sad like this person was my best buddy? They really did that one wrong. Happy someone did something about it. :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:30 AM
Perfect for mass murduring urns collector like me !!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 7:07 PM
Appreciate this, mate. I was going mad when my party animal sim spent almost 2 straight weeks mourning every premade adult sim in the game.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:47 AM
Ever since I added this, my sim that I enjoy torturing no longer cries.
I removed the mod hoping this will get him crying again, and he STILL no longer cries.

I don't know how on earth this has affected this function, but he no longer sheds a tear. Even after I removed this mod from my mods folder
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dolph
Ever since I added this, my sim that I enjoy torturing no longer cries.
I removed the mod hoping this will get him crying again, and he STILL no longer cries.

I don't know how on earth this has affected this function, but he no longer sheds a tear. Even after I removed this mod from my mods folder

I tried to reproduce this to see if the mod was involved. I couldn't but I am not sure what sort of 'torturing' you are doing. My sims still cry when I would expect them to. It would be very unlikely for this mod to cause it because I just change the values for sadness from death notifications. I don't change any of the functions with this mod. After removing this mod you should delete your cache files in the sims4 folder before restarting the game.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:51 PM
There are already several mods who do the same, one of them was even uploaded here at MTS:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=615431

http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
There are already several mods who do the same, one of them was even uploaded here at MTS:

I wish my search had found these before I went to the effort of producing my mod. My mourning values are slightly different to those used by @flerb. I am not keen on the 5 days of being sad +4 for any death. Nonetheless, if I had known that mod was there I wouldn't have published mine. Of course, it is not about creating mods, it is about keeping them updated every month when the EA updates are released. That is the real balls ache about modding.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 11:29 PM
I don't suppose you can make a mod to make sims cry all the time when sad, and throw tantrums when angry/ enraged?

I torture my sims by keeping them in a jail, and sending another sim in there to beat him up and burn him / freeze him ( extreme violence mod and the torture & chaos mod )
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyclelegs
I wish my search had found these before I went to the effort of producing my mod. My mourning values are slightly different to those used by @flerb. I am not keen on the 5 days of being sad +4 for any death. Nonetheless, if I had known that mod was there I wouldn't have published mine. Of course, it is not about creating mods, it is about keeping them updated every month when the EA updates are released. That is the real balls ache about modding.

Don't sweat it! More options for people to choose from. I play a long lifespan style and so I figure the death of a child sim or spouse sim should hit hard and heavy, almost incapacitating them with depression. It makes the gameplay more challenging and meaningful IMO.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 2:46 AM
Thank you so much. Yours in tuned down a lot.
This was messing up my game play. You rock!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:01 AM
Thank you, this was a major issue I had in one game save, where even sims that were only met briefly caused a 2-day sadness. It was awful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 2:44 PM
Love how you referred to the reaper as a female. Useful mod - thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 11:44 PM
Wonderful! If mourning was going to be part of the game, EA should have given more outlets to do so. I even created my own graveyard and still couldn't wipe this thing off my sim! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 10:34 PM
Thank you so much! My sims are sad all the time because of all the death notifications.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:10 AM
Patch V1.47 was supposed to fix the endlessly sad sims caused by mourning. The changes really didn't do much so I have updated this mod. There are 2 other reduced mourning mods available. Choose a flavour to suit.
and
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:30 PM
Always bugged me when my sim would mourn endlessly about someone they met when they were a child and never spoke to again! Thank you for this mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:41 AM
Does this mod work with 1.48
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 8:27 PM
Thanks for updating this! I think the other reduced mourning mods aren't working with the new patch.
Page 1 of 2