Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Orleans

by darkflwrs Posted 15th Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
It looks really wonderful! But with such a large world and such a large amount of custom content, I'm wondering how long it takes to load?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 7:38 AM
You finished it! Congratulations!

@Corylea it loads quickly for me and my laptop is what I'd call midrange. I did set up a clean install folder to run this world in so that I didn't have to worry about my tons of CC clogging things up, and I'm not seeing any issues.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:43 PM
when I tried to extract parts 1 and 2, it kept giving me an error
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 5:58 PM
Looks magnificent, but I'll have to wait until the weekend to download it so I have time to follow up on all the CC.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:43 PM
This is beautiful, but I'm very confused. What EPs are necessary to run this? (I have a good many, but not all of them.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:04 PM
Sadly right clicking says this file is broken and the 2nd files says you have to open the first file but that doesn't work. So now what?
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
when I tried to extract parts 1 and 2, it kept giving me an error

@Jake Lucas & @lisamarie62 When multi part files are uploaded to MTS, they're given an upload ID for each part- the ones for these files are 1801356 and 1801357, but for whatever program you're using to unzip the files properly, the file names have to be exactly the same with the exception of the 'part1' and 'part2' portions.

What you get by downloading:
MTS_darkflwrs_1801356_NewOrleans.part1
MTS_darkflwrs_1801357_NewOrleans.part1
(note that one file ID ends in 6 and the other in 7)

What I changed the filenames to:
NewOrleans.part1
NewOrleans.part2
Now that the filename is exactly the same except for the segment which tells you which part the file is, it will unzip just fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 2:06 AM
thanks wonderful world
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 2:22 AM
Looks lovely! Glad that you got it finished and uploaded! You may want to consider uploading it on SimsFileShare and then putting a link to it in SimsFileShare in your overview. That way, you should be able to direct people to a single file to download - if they are having trouble with the 2 part download. It worked well for me for a multi-part world/neighborhood upload. Great job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 7:36 AM
Looks awesome! I did run into an issue with the food truck texture(http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...texture-pack)it states pagecan't be found??
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:22 PM
is that a map from "Gangstar:New Orleans"

P.S: The Quote On Quote Was Meant to be a say the title of the game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:34 PM
Beautiful, beautiful work!
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 4:04 AM
When I try to extract the package it tells me I need to enter a password to extract the file..... not sure where to go from here
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 4:57 AM
It looks amazing! Will have to try it out at some point. Thank you
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 1:33 AM
It's an amazing creation, thank you for sharing it!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:53 PM
Default Thank You oRose . :-)
Quote: Originally posted by orose
@Jake Lucas & @lisamarie62 When multi part files are uploaded to MTS, they're given an upload ID for each part- the ones for these files are 1801356 and 1801357, but for whatever program you're using to unzip the files properly, the file names have to be exactly the same with the exception of the 'part1' and 'part2' portions.

NewOrleans.part1
NewOrleans.part2
Now that the filename is exactly the same except for the segment which tells you which part the file is, it will unzip just fine.
*** I also got the same frustrating error when trying to unzip these two files. I followed the advice of renaming them and Voila, They unzipped without error. Now I am eager to load this in my game as it looks way amazing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kgrham
When I try to extract the package it tells me I need to enter a password to extract the file..... not sure where to go from here

Hey, sorry about that. I'm not really sure why it's doing that. I never set a password for anything. Maybe try downloading the packages again.

Thanks to all the posts! Took a very long time to make this world, and I'm super excited that so many people have downloaded it! Please keep posting any issues you have and I will do my best to help. I'm gonna keep tabs on any issues with the world and re-release if I need to. I'm not to savvy on these download issues...I will be uploading to another site as well that will be just one upload file as suggested. Thanks again guys!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
It looks really wonderful! But with such a large world and such a large amount of custom content, I'm wondering how long it takes to load?

I haven't seen any issues in this regard. You should be fine. Just keep your stuff organized in case you do have an issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
This is beautiful, but I'm very confused. What EPs are necessary to run this? (I have a good many, but not all of them.)

This info is in the main post for the world, but for ease, here it is again:

EPs Required: All EPs (World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into The Future)
SPs Required: Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Master Suite Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, & Fast Lane Stuff.

What EPs are you missing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mat4014
is that a map from "Gangstar:New Orleans"

P.S: The Quote On Quote Was Meant to be a say the title of the game

No, I don't even know what that is?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 5:31 PM
holy moly
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:04 AM
Default Error extracting part 2
Quote: Originally posted by orose

NewOrleans.part1
NewOrleans.part2

I was also getting error msg when extracting, then found your post and followed instructions. Part 1 extracted with no errors , but part 2 still is showing them . Do you have any other ideas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 4:56 AM
I extracted using WinRAR and all you have to do is download to both places and browse for it in the open section when asking for part 2... Awesome world!!!!!! Nice textures. I wish you could've added the Smoothie King Center and designed it to be a concert venue!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sammiejay3
I extracted using WinRAR and all you have to do is download to both places and browse for it in the open section when asking for part 2... Awesome world!!!!!! Nice textures. I wish you could've added the Smoothie King Center and designed it to be a concert venue!

Thanks! I haven't seen that venue, I'll have to check it out.
Page 1 of 2