Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 9:13 PM
Heh we already have a talking toilet don't need a singing one.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:35 PM
So you can only be an actress?
Scholar
#28 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Work has already begun on a mod to kill annoying paparazzi in the most horrible, agonising way possible. Get this pack and you're gonna need it.

That reminds me... I had a sim who was famous in TS3. Paparazzi were outside of his gated home all day, on a hot summer day. One of the paps caught on fire. I was laughing my butt off when my stupid sim came and extinguished her.

Also... I am going to get this pack but I'm NOT getting it until possibly when the modders have caught up to the new coding and MCCC is released, with autonomy scanner. I'm pretty patient and I can wait. I really need to be able to control autonomy. Although I suppose I could just play with free will off. It's kind of a nice alternative once in a while as opposed to yelling at my sims to STOOOOOP
One Minute Ninja'd
#29 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
Since it hasn't been said yet: if this EP doesn't give me a toilet that sings AND dances AS WELL AS making fancy froo-froo appetizers, I want no part of it.

I'm still trying to figure out all the features on the current electronic toilet. I don't want to have to learn another.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 1:53 PM
I am super iffy about this pack. I don’t know if it’s just an underwhelming set of features that are included, or if the trailer just didn’t advertise the packs features very well, but I walked away from it without feeling much of anything.

I thought the real life game changers being in this pack about fame was kind of stupid. Hopefully they are just trailer Sims, they aren’t famous. Don’t know who this baby Ariel is, and likewise I don’t see why she needs to have a sim-self in everyone’s game. Fairly low level complaints from me, but I really don’t know what this pack adds besides a new world, some assets and fame of sorts. Maybe they will release a trailer that doesn’t feel like Barbie goes to Hollywood.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:49 PM
The features seem to be:
- Be an actor/actress to be famous.
- Literally do anything from any other pack to be famous.
- Sims have a reputation meter and fame.
- Celebrities have perks.

Seems rather bare, like Get Together appear to be when debuted, buuuuut... we’ll have to wait and see.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#32 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
So you can only be an actress?

Good Active Career Pack, Sims 3: 5 active careers, one basegame career converted to partially-active and every skill you can monetize offers a self-employed career
Bad Active Career Pack, Sims 3: 3 Active careers
Good Active Career Pack, Sims 4: 3 Active careers
Bad Active Career Pack, Sims 4: 1 Active Career
Mad Poster
#33 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:02 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 12th Oct 2018 at 4:30 PM.
Don’t forget that ambitions let’s us use some of those careers as services.

The architecture career made me actually play the game!

It also introduced real estate to the base game.
Laundry and laundromats.
Consignment shops.
Literal murder.
Actual architecture improvements.
An occult.
An actual swamp town.
Bake sales.
Earthquakes and Meteors.

We didn’t deserve Ambitions.

Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:20 PM
Doesn't seem quite like an expansion pack. Celebrity perks and points but only one career path? No band? No singing career path to stardom? No juggling, no magicians, no modeling, no...nothing. Just a set with a bunch of costumes you won't be able to use for everyday play, and a celebrity system that will more than likely make everyone celebrities... Wow
Instructor
#35 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:02 PM
Doesn't seem quite like an expansion pack. Celebrity perks and points but only one career path? No band? No singing career path to stardom? No juggling, no magicians, no modeling, no...nothing. Just a set with a bunch of costumes you won't be able to use for everyday play, and a celebrity system that will more than likely make everyone celebrities... Wow

Maybe the were hoping the vampire perk point system is boss enough to carry an entire pack. Actually glad to hear they're re-using it (though I'd prefer NOT constantly recycling features they made in the first two years), but I still have my doubts playing a celeb is as fun as playing a vampire. Celebrities in the Sims have always been about instant gratification where you get rich and everyone's your friend, and we hardly need that since wtf the game's already so easy.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:02 PM
The perk system carried the Vampires pack because it was a game pack. This is an expansion pack, so they need to do a little more than reuse and old system.

You know what, it doesn’t matter. People are going to buy it anyway.

Scholar
#37 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
But I agree with pirate_wolf.
Can we have an EP that is NOT a rehash of a previous EP? Okay, I can understand seasons. That's a basic thing for a LIFE simulator game. Maybe even Get To Work because OfB was a really popular EP for Sims 2. But that does not mean we need World Aventures (Jungle Adventure), Nightlife (Get Together + this Get Famous), and others again. I won't mind if we get an EP or GP akin to Supernatural, that adds all the previous occult lifestages, as long as they aren't just bland rehashes of what they were in Sims 3, with half of their features removed.

I always felt Supernaturals worked best as a little added bonus for the packs rather than their own standalone pack. And I think nightlife (when combined with other activities like bowling or the arcade and restaurants) is a necessity along with pets and seasons/weather.

It didn't click with me, but Simsdestroyer point out something important: It seems like you're limited to acting.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM Last edited by PuddingFace : 24th Oct 2018 at 9:12 PM.
Ok so after seeing the gameplay videos from other youtubers about this pack this is what I have concluded. While this pack has some cool features it feels too small for an expansion pack. The world is a bit lackluster and very small, Only one active career and while the career itself is good there's only one, the fame system is a rehash of the vampire perks and the perks are not that good, getting rich quick has always been easy and now it's even easier.

This feels like a gamepack was repurposed as an expansion pack. While it has cool features I feel like it's the worst one(expansion) we've had. It's like a 4/10 score if I had to score it.

They raised the bar very high with seasons and now it's lowered again. Hope future expansions will be better.

Edit:- I'll buy this pack when it has a discount or if someone shares it with me. And then again say how I feel based on gameplay experience.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Instructor
#39 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 11:24 PM
I'm not interested in celebs/fame/being an "influencer". I wish they'd add more depth to the experience of the common sim.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:03 AM
Looks interesting though, may try for the movie star gig. Not much on the celebrity thing, even in S3, always turned it off. I was hoping for a new adventure, like going to Egypt or France etc. The Jungle EP was a good start. Would like more of that!
Forum Resident
#41 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 12:20 AM

It comes with a new town, Del Sol Valley which puts it in the expansion pack line for me. This new city brings images of Hollywood to me, not sure yet. And one line in the promo has me intrigued "Run this Town." Does that mean you can become a movie director, producer, casting director, I mean, other things than just acting or singing? I'm going to buy it. I am always pleasantly surprised by EA even when I have my doubts.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 1:12 AM
The best thing about Sims 3 Showtime was the addition of genii. Worst thing was the addition of paparazzi without a way to murder them.
The rest of it could be ignored.
I have high hopes they will do better in Sims 4.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 1:29 AM
sims 2 had a genie and a matchmaker.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 1:30 AM
oh no more space pony
Mad Poster
#45 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
It comes with a new town, Del Sol Valley which puts it in the expansion pack line for me.

Didn't three of the Game Packs come with worlds too?

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#46 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 4:24 AM
Outdoor Retreat had 3 neighborhoods, with 6 lots (1 hidden)
Jungle Adventure has 2 neighborhoods, with 8 lots (1 locked)
Vampires has 1 neighborhood and 5 lots.

Get Famous has 4 neighborhoods with 11 lots (one hidden).

Instructor
#47 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
It comes with a new town, Del Sol Valley which puts it in the expansion pack line for me. This new city brings images of Hollywood to me, not sure yet. And one line in the promo has me intrigued "Run this Town." Does that mean you can become a movie director, producer, casting director, I mean, other things than just acting or singing? I'm going to buy it. I am always pleasantly surprised by EA even when I have my doubts.

Nope you cannot be come anything pertaining to movies other than becoming an actor.
Scholar
#48 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:00 AM
Game pack, schmame pack. It is clear to me that EA is just as confused about the pack branding as I am.
Unless it is simply based on what amount of resources they spent on making a pack. And this Ariel person. I mean Ariel would make more sense for that laundry pack. Or for TS3 Island Paradise. Anyway, the dev time + famous Ariel who is supposedly not a washing brand or mermaid, makes it together somehow an expansion pack.
I think it is time we make up some simple rules for EA so they have an easier time classifying those packs and more importantly stop them handing out money to 3rd grade Ariels. I don't buy them, so I'll let you make them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The best thing about Sims 3 Showtime was the addition of genii. Worst thing was the addition of paparazzi without a way to murder them.
The rest of it could be ignored.
I have high hopes they will do better in Sims 4.

The paparazzi was Late Night. Showtime gave us DJ booths and Karaeoke. Loved that. Plus Open concerts or Simfests that you could attend on a date or get together which I found really cool. The problem was when the simfest happens you never know. So you have to plan accordingly based on the date the game sets.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Inventor
#50 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 8:36 AM
My thoughts? A neutered version of TS1 Superstar with only one Hollywood career instead of 3. Then there's a bunch of gimmicky features like drones that will get old real soon. But every expansion for TS4 is a let down and step back compared to previous Sims games. The base game still is pretty mediocre and Sims get dumber and dumber as more content is added. Simulation lag is a serious issue too.
Page 2 of 5