Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 3:44 PM
I loved suing the paparazzi in Sims 3. I miss the city hall days.

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
My thoughts? A neutered version of TS1 Superstar with only one Hollywood career instead of 3. Then there's a bunch of gimmicky features like drones that will get old real soon. But every expansion for TS4 is a let down and step back compared to previous Sims games. The base game still is pretty mediocre and Sims get dumber and dumber as more content is added. Simulation lag is a serious issue too.

When Sims 1 potentially outdoes a pack in terms of raw content, there's a problem.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM
I like the mask at 00:19. BoJack Horseman?

Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
I was hoping for a new adventure, like going to Egypt or France etc

I've had enough of that in both TS3 and in reality. Let's go to Christmas Island. I hear it's a jolly place!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#54 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The best thing about Sims 3 Showtime was the addition of genii. Worst thing was the addition of paparazzi without a way to murder them.
The rest of it could be ignored.
I have high hopes they will do better in Sims 4.

Do you think vampires will be able to feed on paparazzi? I don't see why not! That could be fun!
Forum Resident
#55 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I like the mask at 00:19. BoJack Horseman?

I've had enough of that in both TS3 and in reality. Let's go to Christmas Island. I hear it's a jolly place!

I'm with you! Just want to go somewhere! Once you've done Granite Falls and the Jungle bit it gets rather day-to-day blah. Sure, parties, events, relationships, all that's fun, but the one thing in real life I can't do is travel. So, I guess that's why I like my Sims to go to diverse cultures. Christmas Island sounds fun too! Or maybe go on a voyage to shipwreck somewhere. Head to Mexico, Antarctica, I don't care....somewhere!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 2:46 PM
First thing I thought of was Sims 3 Late night, but I said that when I saw City Living exp. It's like they took sims 3 Late Night and created 2 expansions and one Stuff Pack out of it. They added some stuff to them, but still..
Mad Poster
#57 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Game pack, schmame pack. It is clear to me that EA is just as confused about the pack branding as I am.

I somewhere established that their branding scheme is to mark the expansion packs as huge recuiring focus themes (stardom, apartments/penthouse, ambitions, going to club), while game packs take a chunk of mechanics (suc as managing a restaurant) and make them into new branding content pack. That's why clueless people see okay that Get Famous is charged for a hefty 40$ price (I guess exception would be Spa day, as that resembles close to what a SP would include). Outdoor retreat and Jungle Adventures are a vacation destination. I mean it all makes sense when you connect dots.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:54 PM
Be nice if vampires could feed on paparazzi and turn them so they burn in the sun.
Scholar
#59 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I somewhere established that their branding scheme is to mark the expansion packs as huge recuiring focus themes (stardom, apartments/penthouse, ambitions, going to club), while game packs take a chunk of mechanics (suc as managing a restaurant) and make them into new branding content pack. That's why clueless people see okay that Get Famous is charged for a hefty 40$ price (I guess exception would be Spa day, as that resembles close to what a SP would include). Outdoor retreat and Jungle Adventures are a vacation destination. I mean it all makes sense when you connect dots.

I see what you mean. That does make sense for the branding. Just not so much for the price with the skimping on content for an expansion pack.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mmoblitz
First thing I thought of was Sims 3 Late night, but I said that when I saw City Living exp. It's like they took sims 3 Late Night and created 2 expansions and one Stuff Pack out of it. They added some stuff to them, but still..

Well, CL briefly mentioned on how you climb financially from cheapo to luxurious pent house in the announcement article, so I guess there are similar of having your sim reach wealth.

Forum Resident
#61 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM Last edited by ticklish : 15th Nov 2018 at 1:38 AM.
Vampires should of been part of city living too. I get the new expansion Thursday if cd keys gives me key then.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Be nice if vampires could feed on paparazzi and turn them so they burn in the sun.

I'll admit I hadn't thought of that, burning in the sun. I was looking forward to drinking them dry without the guilt!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:47 PM
Are there no new life states in this one? I seem to only be able to enjoy Sims 4 with sims in costumes, pretending they're actually a bear or raccoon or rat. Can't do that when trying out careers though, because they are turned into disgusting humans with clothes. Vampires have been good stand-ins for that, so I hope there are more life states in the future.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
Vampires should of been part of city living too

Because they been in Late night? Well that pack was orientated primary for partying in clubs under the night fall, which suited best timing for vampires. Vampires in CL would been out of place.

Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
I'll admit I hadn't thought of that, burning in the sun. I was looking forward to drinking them dry without the guilt!

Someone has a mod where sims who are drunk (???) dry die... make a game of it, get famous, and go out and drink a few of them

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:27 PM
It says release date 11/15/2018.
Am I in the right year? It's not downloading.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:11 PM
where do you live it is 9 pm west coast time today. I trying too use a proxy too get sooner
dodgy builder
#68 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:03 PM
Europe is downloading now, US in 6 hours
Inventor
#69 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:42 PM
I played it briefly last night, but my first initial thought was the very small new neighbourhood, all those large community blocks and hardly any space to actually place families and expand to. I can't say much about the gameplay as I didn't really have that much time checking it out properly as yet.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Forum Resident
#70 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:25 AM
will play in a few hours and post about it
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

I want to see an "Into the Future" and "Back to the Past" with pasts in both 1955 and 1885 versions.
And Sixam is a disappointment... I want some things to do there besides gather rocks. I want a complete Alien update to make them more awesome like they did vampires. All the good aspirations are for Vampires, and aliens can't become vampires. In Sims 3 Aliens could summon meteors that enabled them to stay awake (sleeping sims - BORING!) and make money fast!
Maybe add witches like Sims 3 Supernatural but more Hogwarty.

Sims are better than us.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#72 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 10:05 AM
They'd probably have to "partner" with the copyright holders of Harry Potter in order to incorporate "look and feel" from Hogwarts.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#73 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Apsalar : 16th Nov 2018 at 4:03 PM.
I've played a couple of hours today, and so far I really enjoy the actor career. At least initially it's not super easy to get gold on the work day, and the interactions makes sense and is fun to complete - compared to GTW careers it's a lot better imo. It's possible it might get repetitive after a while, but so far it's fun. Also I'm hoping there's a certain amount of randomness to which scenes spawn, so that it's not the same thing over and over. The Acting skill is quite entertaining. I like the animation when a sim is practicing acting - the sounds they make when they forget what words they are supposed to say is funny. Also the new self employment feature really helps with the immersion - it has improved my game a lot.

The new world is super tiny, and it sucks, it looks okay though. Not sure for how long I'm gonna go 'sucks I can't build there...or there...or there...or there'.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:41 PM
I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would that's for sure.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would that's for sure.

I have yet to play because I am at work (Ughs 2 more hours) but I keep reading people are more impressed than they thought they would be, so good news!

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Page 3 of 5