Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UFO Investigator Aspiration Update

by Itsmysimmod Posted 1st Mar 2019 at 5:25 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2022 at 1:11 AM by Itsmysimmod

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 6:15 PM
Thanks for updating this. Do you plan to update the grilled cheese aspiration also?
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 6:21 PM
Thank you for this mod.
Have you got it in french ?

thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 7:32 PM
This looks like fun! Thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM
What about StrangerVille?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:17 PM
I really have to thank you for updating this mod, But I'm having some Issues Downloading it, It takes me to a screen saying 404 error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Godzilla-Force
I really have to thank you for updating this mod, But I'm having some Issues Downloading it, It takes me to a screen saying 404 error.

That's weird. I can download it without issues. Try later, maybe it's your internet connection.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by camtajoie
Thank you for this mod.
Have you got it in french ?

thanks a lot

Not yet, until someone makes a translation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WillDavid1973
Thanks for updating this. Do you plan to update the grilled cheese aspiration also?

I don't know if to make it, since sims 4 has its grilled cheese aspiration.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 5:24 AM
Marvelous work. Thanks for update
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 1:26 PM
This looks great,thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:01 PM
tysvm :D
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:24 PM
This doesn't show up correctly in CAS. I think it's because I have the Vampire pack, which adds an aspiration to the Knowledge section.

If I might make a suggestion, you may wish to take a leaf out of jackboog21's book. He ended up placing his custom Knowledge aspiration in a brand new category to fix the conflict with the Vampire pack.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:09 PM Last edited by Itsmysimmod : 6th Mar 2019 at 8:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
This doesn't show up correctly in CAS. I think it's because I have the Vampire pack, which adds an aspiration to the Knowledge section.

If I might make a suggestion, you may wish to take a leaf out of jackboog21's book. He ended up placing his custom Knowledge aspiration in a brand new category to fix the conflict with the Vampire pack.

I have all DLCs (including the Vampire Pack) and it shows up in my CAS with no issues. Even so, I will investigate about that. If I can confirm, I can do another version of this mod. Thank you for letting me know.

I tested it right now and it's working fine, I have 6 knowledge aspirations (including the UFO one). I don't know why that happens to you and not to me, but if you want I can do a version for you. Do you have the game updated to the lastest pacth?

I am wondering due to I noticed the original UFO Aspiration from r3m had that issue in the older patches of the game, but later, in recent patches, I could select the aspiration with no issues. I've always had the lastest DLCs and Patches.
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Itsmysimmod
I have all DLCs (including the Vampire Pack) and it shows up in my CAS with no issues. Even so, I will investigate about that. If I can confirm, I can do another version of this mod. Thank you for letting me know.

I tested it right now and it's working fine, I have 6 knowledge aspirations (including the UFO one). I don't know why that happens to you and not to me, but if you want I can do a version for you. Do you have the game updated to the lastest pacth?

I am wondering due to I noticed the original UFO Aspiration from r3m had that issue in the older patches of the game, but later, in recent patches, I could select the aspiration with no issues. I've always had the lastest DLCs and Patches.

Sorry about that.
I haven't patched my game for quite a while. I was too daunted by the big script mod update, so I'm still on 1.44. Please don't worry about making another version--I'll get around to updating one of these days.

Thank you for looking into it, though.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Sorry about that.
I haven't patched my game for quite a while. I was too daunted by the big script mod update, so I'm still on 1.44. Please don't worry about making another version--I'll get around to updating one of these days.

Thank you for looking into it, though.

Ah ok that explains everything, it seems EA fixed the CAS issue with the knowledge aspirations. You have to update, the majority of important mods updated their python files, so don't worry.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 1:36 AM
When I stargaze it doesn't say I have in the "stargaze for 6 hours" requirement
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pinkpenguin464

I'm having this issue as well, no matter how long my sim stargazes, it doesn't seem to count towards the goal.
That being said, THANK YOU for updating this mod Can't wait to use it once this issue is fixed!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pinkpenguin464

Quote: Originally posted by Kathesaur
I'm having this issue as well, no matter how long my sim stargazes, it doesn't seem to count towards the goal.
That being said, THANK YOU for updating this mod Can't wait to use it once this issue is fixed!

I tested both versions right now and they count the 6 hours with no issues, both of you have the game with the latest patch? remember it has to be done with the telescope.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Itsmysimmod
I tested both versions right now and they count the 6 hours with no issues, both of you have the game with the latest patch? remember it has to be done with the telescope.

Oh dear, I feel quite dumb now. I didn't catch the part where it said to use a telescope, I was just having my sim stargaze normally. The mod is working perfectly now, my apologies for the trouble!
"The problem exists between chair and keyboard," as they say
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathesaur
Oh dear, I feel quite dumb now. I didn't catch the part where it said to use a telescope, I was just having my sim stargaze normally. The mod is working perfectly now, my apologies for the trouble!
"The problem exists between chair and keyboard," as they say

don't worry, and it was a very good opportunity to know that I erased a text in the english string file of the mod without realising it in the new version, so your comment was worth it, I had to upload the mod again with the fix
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 12:39 AM
Hello, I have made a Chinese language file, may I ask how to submit it to you for update?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fishvip
Hello, I have made a Chinese language file, may I ask how to submit it to you for update?

Hello! you can send it via comment in "Go Advanced > Manage Attachments > Upload File" it's under "Additional Options" or you can send it from other source, it can be any cloud storage; example: mediafire, mega, dropbox, etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 10:40 AM
thankyou , i like this mod :)
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:01 AM
Hello developer, this is the Chinese Taiwan language file, contains XML and package files.

0x02 = chinese code

:lovestruc
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ChineseTW languagefile UFO Investigator Aspiration.rar (256.2 KB, 33 downloads)
Page 1 of 2