Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:30 PM
Default Favorite Patterns/Uses of Patterns?
One of my favorite things about TS3 is the CASt system but I feel like I don't play around with it too much. So I was wondering how you guys utilize it! I think my favorite pattern in the whole game would have to be they gray one in Fabrics. A lot of the time, EA shirts looks like plastic and this one gives a nice cotton-y look.

And a close second would be the Skull patterns in Themed. But originally they've got hideous multicolored background to them so they're not too appealing as a thumbnail.

I also love a good hound's tooth jacket

And as for my favorite use on an object, for some reason EA didn't give the hide rug that came with Supernatural any actual animal patterns. So I always go in and turn the last cow pattern from brown spots to black.

So, I would love to hear about hows you guys use patterns in your game!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 4:50 PM
The grey cotton fabric is one of my favorites as well because it gives shirts a nice realistic cotton texture to it. I also like using solid colors, stripes, plaid, jean patterns, etc. And some of the preset colors and/or patterns are nice too.

The speckled gold pattern is nice for a fancy look.

I always wondered just how much more creative and fun it would be if patterns extended to makeup too. But having a color wheel, color swatches and RGB is very much still an advancement and improvement over TS2 limited creative options.

Another thing I thought that skin tone would have a color wheel, color swatches and RGB/Hex too. But again it's still an advancement and improvement over TS2 CAS mechanics. So there's not too much to really complain about especially when hair as well can be so creatively colored. Unfortunately, it seems there will not ever be any more progression within TS series again and it doesn't seem like other developers care and/or just not interested about this kind of depth to the genre. What Will Wright started, does no one care to pick up the torch to carry on this very unique single player gaming experience for the life simulation genre?