Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Charity : 19th Jun 2019 at 4:40 AM.
Default Fat Morphs
Do you use fat morphs a lot?

While sulking about a couple of top fat morphs I tried to make that came out really bloated due to having to fit over the maxis waist I realised that I really don't tend to let my sims get fat anyway (so why I have to make fat morphs I don't know lol).

Do you have many fat sims and did they get that way or were they created that way?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 5:45 PM
I have a lot of fat Sims, due to the fresh food sparkles.

Not fat enough for me, though. I have been thinking about introducing the Momma Lisa body shape.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 5:46 PM
Not really, no. I don't tend to make sims fat from the start, but occasionally they tend to overeat ingame, and I'd much rather know via the morph, becaue it's weird if they keep changing bodyshapes when changing clothes. Once in a while the fatmorph helps if you're trying to make pregnant sims look like they're having multiples. Pregnant morphs is a must, though. Not everyone makes good morphs, or leave them out entirely, and I have more than enough clothes in my game if I'm not also going to add in a bunch of body sizes. So my sims kind of just stick to the default bodyshape and pregnant. Just because it's easier.

The TS2 fat morphs aren't that great - in those regards, TS3 and TS4 kinda did a better job with bodyshapes and clothes.

I do a lot of motive cheating when I'm taking pictures or doing storytelling, so unless it's for storytelling purposes, my sims don't eat, sleep, exercise or even go to the toilet, so most of the time they don't get a chance to try out the fatmorphs.
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 7:10 PM
I don't make sims with fat morph.
They become fat ingame due to overeating or being pregnant (I use a mod for it).
I don't want to bother with CC body shapes.
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 7:19 PM
I had some for my original Sims game and loved them but have never used any in TS2. Now of course TS3 has all that kind of goodness built right in which is awesome, but that doesn't solve TS2's problem.

I don't have all Sims getting fat because I use Pescado's mod so that only Sims who are lazy will overeat and get fat. Others won't. It isn't a perfect system (criminy, all my life I knew fat people who were way more active than a lot of the skinny ones I knew) but it helps portray a little bit of reality in that not everyone looks the same.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:07 PM
I'm a bit of an outlier here, I think, since I use scads of different bodyshapes. Whenever I get a new mesh for any bodyshape including Maxis, I check for fat and preg morphs. If the mesh doesn't have those, then I don't use it. If I like the clothing enough however, then I'll convert it to use a morph-enabled mesh for that bodyshape if I can. I'm a bit more lenient for male meshes, though, since I'd have even fewer clothing options for them if I insisted on both morphs always being present.

As far as in-game Sims go, the majority of Sims I add to neighborhoods use the "normal" morph. Then their choices determine whether they progress toward fitness or fatness. I have added both of the extremes in for specific story lines, but typically they find their own equilibrium.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Inventor
#7 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 9:07 PM
As much as I like the different body shape meshes available out there, it's a little too much work for me to keep up with . I use the same or similar mod as someone else mentioned, so that sims mostly don't overeat unless they're below a certain activity/neatness level. So some of my sims do 'grow' fat over time. And with the slower fitness gain mod I have, they tend to stay that way longer. I also have the townie body diversity mod, which causes newly generated townies and npcs to have a chance of being fit or fat. Some CAS sims are created fat, if I think it fits their character.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 9:48 PM
I just use the stuff face mod from Cyjon. This way sims can get fat over time, and it's not linked to personality because that feels more realistic to me. I play with body shapes too because it's weird to me that 'fat' in the sims is something I have to squint to see (maybe it's my eyes). So I let them stuff themselves first, and then smack a body mesh on 'em so that they actually look like they've gained weight.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:58 AM
Sims do get fat in my game at times. Then, with the number of dinner parties in my game, one can't blame them.

That normally means that they will have to go on a diet and get some exercise Some of them seem to need to go on diets more often than other.

I think there may be a Pescado mod involved, but there are certainly a number of fat kids around, and the last two adopted kids are both fat (cute, too). I guess I will have to let them start exercising early

As for everything having to have fat morphs, I don't think that is really necessary - I am sure my sims can find something in their closet to wear until they are thin again
Theorist
#10 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 2:50 PM
One of my neighborhoods has a mall and there's a small gym. I also use a community skilling mod. The other day a fat Sim decided to work out. I took control of him long enough to see what his personality was and he only has three active points so realistically I don't think he's the type of Sim who should decide on his own to work out like that. I know I downloaded some cyjon mods that might fix that but haven't added them to my game yet.

And come to think of it, there should be Sims who resist working out with every fiber of their being. I hate working out and exercise simply for its sake. Give me a garden, let me go fishing and stuff like that, things that are not just good exercise but are useful, and I'll be fit in no time. Come to think of it "hates exercise" should have been a personality trait in TS3.
Theorist
#11 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 2:57 PM
I don't use them as much as I'd like to because the Sims 2 version of overweight people is just a beer belly (male) or fuller breasts/hips (female) which is pretty underwhelming and I don't bother creating Sims with the fat morph activated or making them overeat. They sometimes go overweight because I don't bother to make them stop eating or have them eat with the family/friends when they're not really hungry, but aside from that...meh...
I know there's CC bodyshapes, but I don't really like them since they are limited to certain clothes and all of that.

The bodyshapes are really one of the areas where I wish we could have the Sims 3 or 4 versions in SIms 2.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:19 PM
I want all the clothes I use (and create) to have appropriate morphs and have few Sims who are chubby - since the default fat morph really isn't that fat at all. I wish there were more bodily variations without having to introduce bodyshapes since a lot of those too tend to just make boobs and butt or in case of male sims muscles bigger. Momma Lisa I'd probably use if it didn't clip with itself so much, just wish there was male shape to go with it. Sometimes I toy with the idea of introducing my own skin linked bodyshape since I've already created one before for one sim and it was pretty easy but I'm not really up for that much work as it would then require clothes to go with it and all that jazz, and I'm already struggling to find time for all the other projects I'm working on as is.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
.... Momma Lisa I'd probably use if it didn't clip with itself so much, just wish there was male shape to go with it. (

Have you considered CONSORT Male Bodyshape: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=consort&gs=0&f=38
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I want all the clothes I use (and create) to have appropriate morphs and have few Sims who are chubby - since the default fat morph really isn't that fat at all. I wish there were more bodily variations without having to introduce bodyshapes since a lot of those too tend to just make boobs and butt or in case of male sims muscles bigger. Momma Lisa I'd probably use if it didn't clip with itself so much, just wish there was male shape to go with it. Sometimes I toy with the idea of introducing my own skin linked bodyshape since I've already created one before for one sim and it was pretty easy but I'm not really up for that much work as it would then require clothes to go with it and all that jazz, and I'm already struggling to find time for all the other projects I'm working on as is.

There is a "matching" his and hers fatter bodyshape. It started with faeriegurl HERE at MTS making some larger formed clothing meshes. Later Martaxl then made a number of additional meshes and gothplague made the bodyshape files for what ultimately became known as the "Martaxl" male and female bodyshapes. They both have fat & preg morphs as well. There are a few different clothing options, more for the female than male and less for the teen versions. That could be a place to start. Searching for sims2 and Martaxl can bring up a number of links on TSR, MTS, Simechoes and Wooden Simolean to name several.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theorist
#15 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 8:08 PM
And I think maybe some of those meshes for fat bodies confirm why they aren't in my game. I mean really? Where's the eye bleach?.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:07 AM
Thanks for the suggestions especially for male shapes but sadly they're really lacking on the clothing department, so while the shape itself has potential it would still require me sitting down and converting some usable clothes for it. I might honestly just be too picky to ever introduce any shapes in my game. ^^;

On topic of bodyshapes, Lifa has plenty of clothes for multiple shapes for Sims of all ages, for anybody interested in introducing more shapes to their game.
Alchemist
#17 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 2:52 PM
I only have a couple of fat sims because their bio dictates that they are. Like others said, I don't like the maxis fat morph. Some people do only gain weight in their torso, like the Sims do, but I'd prefer it if the Sims' weight filled out more evenly, like most people do. I have thought about making older children overweight, then using stretch skeleton to make them taller, reasoning that the fat morph will combat the unnaturally thin effect that SS causes, but I haven't tried it yet.
Inventor
#18 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
They become fat ingame due to overeating or being pregnant (I use a mod for it).

Can I ask for a link for this mod?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 10:07 AM
I've never bothered with different bodyshapes, as I don't like the lack of clothes variety and can't be bothered messing around with making sure all a sim's clothes have the right bodyshape.

I'm reminded of something I always wondered about. Does being fat actually affect a sim in any way (apart from appearance and turn on/offs)? If an adult is fat when transitioning to elder do they get days taken off for being unhealthy?

I have the pregnant fat gain mod, but I can't remember where I got it from. The filename is cd_pregnant_fat_gain and I got it with another hack called cd_harder_labor, if that helps anyone.

Oh and I fixed my fat morphs. A helpful tip is to pull out the mesh of another outfit of a similar shape with a fat morph that you like and match up the vertices with the fat morph that you're trying to make in Milkshape.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 10:27 AM
Charity, fat does affect sims, yes. Not in the extreme, but yes.

Fitter sims live longer than their unfit partners - and they don't get fat due to working out/swimming/playing soccer regularly.

Fat sims often roll a want to get fit as well - so i guess that is another way of being affected.
Theorist
#21 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 3:23 PM
Yeah, I have a pair of Sims where the guy was an athlete so he's still really fit and his wife never worked out. Theoretically since she was an NPC she should have longer life than he does so the other day I checked in SimPE (because I'm nosy that way) and she's scheduled to die several days before him. One day I had a Sim transition to an elder. I hadn't even realized she'd gotten fat over the years, and as soon as she had her birthday she rolled up the want to get fit. I don't know if fat adults ever get that or not.
Theorist
#22 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 5:41 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 21st Jun 2019 at 5:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have the pregnant fat gain mod, but I can't remember where I got it from. The filename is cd_pregnant_fat_gain and I got it with another hack called cd_harder_labor, if that helps anyone.

Those mods are by Simmodder, and were posted on their Journal page here at MTS, but the links are no longer active. However, Sketching re-uploaded them in post #107 here http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...910#post5370910.

Edit: Figured I'd place the notes for these mods while I'm here.

Harder Labor
Quote:
During labour hunger/energy/comfort/hygenie all drop. Hunger is then reduced by a random number. There is a small chance the sim could be left at or near the starvation threshold and die, but only if hunger is very low to begin with.

Preg for All
Quote:
Allows playable female sims can get pregnant on any lot (previously only currently selectable sims could get pregnant). This also includes young adults, although the pregancy will not progress until they graduate.

Pregnant Fat
Quote:
Pregnant sims get fatter when eating food and hunger > 0 (50%) rather than the usual > 100%

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Inventor
#23 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Those mods are by Simmodder, and were posted on their Journal page here at MTS, but the links are no longer active. However, Sketching re-uploaded them in post #107 here http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...910#post5370910.

Edit: Figured I'd place the notes for these mods while I'm here.

Harder Labor

Preg for All

Pregnant Fat

Thanks, these mods are awesome! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 6:21 PM
I don't usually make fat sims in sims 2 unless it has something to do with the story and even then I don't do it much
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do you use fat morphs a lot?

While sulking about a couple of top fat morphs I tried to make that came out really bloated due to having to fit over the maxis waist I realised that I really don't tend to let my sims get fat anyway (so why I have to make fat morphs I don't know lol).

Do you have many fat sims and did they get that way or were they created that way?

I use Nysha's TownieBodyDIversity, so I have do some fat NPCs. I have some conflicts though, so I haven't noticed if I also have any fat townies. If I do get fat townies, they don't stay that way long because whenever my sims visit a fitness club, every available exercise machine and treadmill is immediately grabbed by somebody. The same goes for public swimming pools. Pescado's Fitness For All makes it possible for townies to successfully work off their extra flab, so most of my townies are fit. I did add Simler90's SlowerFitnessGain not long ago and I'm hoping that will help. I'd really like a mod that makes it so sims will lose fitness if they don't exercise regularly, but I don't know whether or not that's even possible.
Page 1 of 2