Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism

-Dolphins are legit just what was shown in the previews. They do nothing special. Dolphins are the Talking Toilet of Sulani because there are no special or interesting interactions with them, it's legit just the Sims team jerking off to their own work and saying "Look, we made an animal with more than 4 polygons!! You should praise us!"

Lol! That is so true! Thank you for the laugh!

Dolphins are cute but even they are going to get boring quickly.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
All you have to do is lock the door.....

I did. They came in anyway. And then wouldn’t leave. Perhaps it’s bugged but it’s annoying.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:22 PM
-Mermaids seem about as limited as Sims 3 Mermaids. You can give people moodlet buffs (like every other damned feature in the game), you can change the weather, but that's it. Haven't seen any confirmed reports of Mermaids killing anything. They may as well have been named elementalists because changing weather seems to be their most significant power. Changing weather was already available anyways, so Mermaids have a grant total of zero unique abilities that do something new.

Well, you can lure fish, change emotions in water, call dolphins, talk to fish, sleep in water, transfer aquatic respiration to another Sim. So it's not have any unique abilities, especially the last two and luring fish since those provide game-play that cannot be acquired through other means. It's a shame they cannot seduce others to do their bidding apart from turning their victims flirty switch on.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
All you have to do is lock the door.....

Wait .. why should one have to lock their front door when the game should automatically make it so non active sims cannot come in without being invited inside. I mean yes locking the door should in theory work (despite it not working for pets and those darn city living neighbors *shakes fist*) but that's making the player put in more effort in this game than is needed when this wasn't an issue before city living. I think they need to just fix the problem instead of dressing up the issue. I mean just like I don't like random sims approaching my active sims table while they're out having a nice family dinner, I don't like the fact that they dressed up the idea of sims being friendly neighbors able to just walk in someone's home.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:55 PM
The neighbours are so friendly they rush to put out your sims fires.

But apparently we can’t have fire fighters....

I’m guessing fire fighters aren’t “in” anymore
Instructor
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
The neighbours are so friendly they rush to put out your sims fires.

But apparently we can’t have fire fighters....

I’m guessing fire fighters aren’t “in” anymore

"Why include firefighters when you can outsource the dangerous jobs to the Polynesians?" -EA/Maxis
Mad Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 4:30 PM
The Sims 5: your neighbors deliver mail and bills.

Instructor
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
The Sims 5: your neighbors deliver mail and bills.

Implying Sims 5 will have neighbors...
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:23 PM
before and after drinking some kava
Forum Resident
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:30 PM
Like: basically the art direction of the whole pack. The artists really put a lot of love into this pack. The new world looks beautiful, the objects are awesome, and I like virtually all of the CAS stuff for once.

Hate: You can see right through the bottom of the new stilt foundations since there is no mesh or texture for it.

OMGWTF: mermaids don't have an animation for transforming, they just abruptly change their legs into a tail. It's particularly dumb since there is a visual effect already in CAS that they could have used for this, but noooooo

Are you freaking kidding me?: some of the pre-made houses literally have rooms with no doors LMAO.
Scholar
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
Like: basically the art direction of the whole pack. The artists really put a lot of love into this pack. The new world looks beautiful, the objects are awesome, and I like virtually all of the CAS stuff for once.

Hate: You can see right through the bottom of the new stilt foundations since there is no mesh or texture for it.

OMGWTF: mermaids don't have an animation for transforming, they just abruptly change their legs into a tail. It's particularly dumb since there is a visual effect already in CAS that they could have used for this, but noooooo

Are you freaking kidding me?: some of the pre-made houses literally have rooms with no doors LMAO.

The house I was in Sulani was like that with the doors and it seemed like the lighting didn't work correctly at night either. I checked and all the rooms were complete, but the house was still dim at night with a lot of lights placed. I think it's just how they left the houses basically open to the elements. I'm definitely replacing all the lots in Sulani as I find player made lots I like more. The world is beautiful though, for sure.

I think mermaids got the shaft like aliens did in GTW, since they were included as an aside, unlike vampires with their own pack. At least that's how I see it. I didn't notice about the stilt foundations, but that's terrible!
Mad Poster
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe

This is worse than the series of mansion missing toilets in Get Famous. How do you miss doors?

They make lots in this game like it pains them.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:15 PM
The bar doesn’t look finished either - no lights and no flooring.

Someone else spotted a willow creek build in the world too.

First ever task in the conservation career is to use a pc. Still as obsessed as ever with PCs for jobs.
Instructor
#64 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:30 PM
I read apparently there's supposed to be a secret lot behind the volcano or something? Can't check it freely but people were saying something about there's supposed to be a secret lot to "unlock" mermaids as randomly generated townies but no one's found out how yet. Saw another comment the cave unlocks a bigger mural and more options the more you explore it.

What I wonder is, is there actually something worth playing for or is it just a big dud at the end once you unlock this stuff?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:32 PM
Implying Sims 5 will have neighbors...

Of course there will be. Question is whether their houses are backdrops or not.

Field Researcher
#66 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:43 PM
I read apparently there's supposed to be a secret lot behind the volcano or something? Can't check it freely but people were saying something about there's supposed to be a secret lot to "unlock" mermaids as randomly generated townies but no one's found out how yet. Saw another comment the cave unlocks a bigger mural and more options the more you explore it.

What I wonder is, is there actually something worth playing for or is it just a big dud at the end once you unlock this stuff?

I know the lot bit behind the volcano they mean. I have sent sims into the cave multiple times now and nothing has happened other than I’m getting bored from reading walls of text that isn’t even interesting.

But this is game play in sims 2019 now, rabbit holes with text. Game changing indeed.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:20 AM
I know the lot bit behind the volcano they mean. I have sent sims into the cave multiple times now and nothing has happened other than I’m getting bored from reading walls of text that isn’t even interesting.

But this is game play in sims 2019 now, rabbit holes with text. Game changing indeed.

It's a random encounter, each with their own set of emotional moodlets.

One of the random chance is for you to stumble into underground pool where you can grab some kelp. Eat those kelp, enter water within 24/7 and tadaaa, you're a mermaid!

Originally I made a mistake of thinking you unlock the lifestate by befriending/romancing a mermaid. I guess I committed beastiality for nothing.

P.s. I am still salty you cant sit by the stilted foundation/pier thingy. The animation is already existed, just port it over from sitting by pool for frak sake.

Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:28 AM
It's only redeeming quality seems to be it actually looks good, but that can only do so much.
Isn't that what basically is Sims 4? Looks good, but nothing much going on under the hood (reminds me of an ex, lol). Still fun nonetheless if you consider it like a tiny doll house... And boy that new hood looks good, I'm jealous. Emino that sandcastle build together action looks so cute! In fact all the beach pics I'm seeing makes me wanna send a family there to play on the beach, finally real vacation! Now if only we could 'beach play' in Outdoor retreat's hood, to book a weekend on the beach. I'm a sucker for beach activities and always loved tropical hoods.
About the odd jobs supposedly raising your relationship with the odd job giver, it's the gurus who said it during the stream. Apparently it's bollocks, much like the mermaid being able to drown a sim (which they also said).
The good news is that maybe there is death by shark that can randomly occur when your sim swims. For now it's not confirmed yet so we shouldn't get too excited about it .

SneakyWingPhoenix, I'm starting to wonder if we'll even get any neighbor backdrop in the Sims 5, IMO it will be called Sims 5 Get Domed: outside your house will be a huge dome with some cool mirroring & colors effects and that's it. Right now Sims 4 is like the Truman show: the hood outside your house is a huge backdrop and all the other sims are actors of your life show. Sims 5 will be like the ending of the movie, when Jim Carey discovers the limit of the dome, but our sims will never break the decor and escape their dome, sadly.

About the neighbors barging in, it seems VERY similar to the never solved bug of the natural fathers barging into your home to take care of their genetic leftovers and you don't have any menu option to make them get out (Expect using MCC), a 'feature' no guru talks about and keep on pretending it doesn't exist, definitely shows how much they had to break stuff to allow that swimming.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#69 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:00 AM

I watched a let's play the other night and the 'secret' cave was a huge letdown. They took a really cool idea and did 'an EA' on it. 'Secret' cave was obvious (may we well had a neon light saying "I'm a secret cave!") and ended up being a rabbit hole. Sim went in half a dozen times and returned with kelp. So super easy and boring. *sigh* No reason it couldn't have been loadable and explorable. So far the only pack that I have bought is Strangerville since that one is an actual story with a real place to explore. The player also had a weird glitch on sending her mermaid to the shower, when she got out she spun into naked, spun into clothes, into naked, over and over and over again. I thought the world looked really nice though.

I will wait until this is very cheap.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#70 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
how often does the volcano erupt moved some sim in the house near it

Been wondering about that too. Did the same, moved right next to the volcano. Lots of earthquakes (without usung that lot feature) but no lava or lava bombs. Love the improved swimming animation. Disappointed I can't dive WITH my sim. love having boats again! Cars next, maybe......please!!!
Inventor
#71 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:41 AM
It looks like a half-assed version of Island Paradise with a smaller world, similar marmaids, no housebots/resorts/hotels/proper scuba diving, etc. Kinda what I expected.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I watched a let's play the other night and the 'secret' cave was a huge letdown. They took a really cool idea and did 'an EA' on it. 'Secret' cave was obvious (may we well had a neon light saying "I'm a secret cave!") and ended up being a rabbit hole. Sim went in half a dozen times and returned with kelp. So super easy and boring. *sigh* No reason it couldn't have been loadable and explorable. So far the only pack that I have bought is Strangerville since that one is an actual story with a real place to explore. The player also had a weird glitch on sending her mermaid to the shower, when she got out she spun into naked, spun into clothes, into naked, over and over and over again. I thought the world looked really nice though.

I will wait until this is very cheap.

In that case then, I’ve been in it. Multiple times. And yes got kelp, other fish and moodlets. Wow!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Gameplay... I don't know really. I didn't get to play much as I was busy building but it doesn't seem like anything really revolutionary.

I think some changes are revolutionary for Sims 4. But, really, EA is giving us newer versions of what we had in Sims 3 too. Swimming in the ocean, driving our own boats, mermaids,diving for treasure (although we stay on the surface...darn!). The elementals are unique, not sure what to do with them just yet. I did find out they are woohoo-able! Not impressed with the Volcano, but still learning about that. Would love to see a lava river! Everytime I log in there's a surprise! Game does seem to be wreaking havoc with skin mods though. They worked great, then my mermaid got pregnant and her skin went all wonky! Didn't return to normal after giving birth, and removing the skin mod didn't fix it. Too bad, she may be a do-over, I really liked her!
Forum Resident
#74 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:16 AM
More disappointment.
For those wanting to let the island suffer or become a dumpster, well, turns out the island starts in it's worst condition, so you can't actually fail since the game starts in the failure state.

That's what mods are for! :D
Forum Resident
#75 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:21 AM
Lol! That is so true! Thank you for the laugh!

Dolphins are cute but even they are going to get boring quickly.

Why is it so many players will play a game for two days and assume they've experienced everything it has to offer? I'm still finding new things and I got the game a day earlier than public release. AND have been playing nearly non-stop! Give it a week or so, then judge!
Page 3 of 9