Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 2:59 AM
Default Ink/Octoling Eye Markings - Asking for Opinions Before Trying to Upload Again
I tried to upload a mod that adds the eye markings the characters from Splatoon have. It was rejected because the textures were blurry and pixelated. It also wasn't the best quality, the bridge of a nose is tough to deal with... But I (hopefully) improved both things and want to know if they're good enough to upload. According to the evaluation thingy I got, the texture quality was the only real problem. They'll be under Body Details and count as a forehead object.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  InkOctoEyemarksIcantevenname.zip (11.7 KB, 24 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 10:04 PM
Sorry but I agree. It's very pixelated and poor quality. As much as I love Splatoon, it could be better.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dartan
Sorry but I agree. It's very pixelated and poor quality. As much as I love Splatoon, it could be better.

Have any advice?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 12:54 AM
Start with the largest, highest resolution image you can find. If hand-drawn, start big.
The Sharpen filter is your friend.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miros1
The Sharpen filter is your friend.

Err... There is no Sharpen filter...
Screenshots
Theorist
#6 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 9th Jul 2019 at 1:13 PM. Reason: Additionly
Okaay. I just tried your test subject at my game. Usually don't. But you too persistent to ask for help many times so just can't go by))
I just test it on my werewolf that uses a lot of CC. So I had an ability to test its conflicts.
My resolution. The textures were not blurry and pixelated aven with my everage settings. Also I don't use HQ mod so that's valid with no HQ. But!
1) It has huge conflicts with a lot of custom skins created by other authors
2) It has conflicts with forehead bodymarks. I just suggest you to make it from eyeliners.
3) The first one have a glasses-looking are has stretching pixels to forehead with face emotions. Look at screenshot (46). Looks bit weird, isn't it? The nose junction of eyes circles a bit below can be solvation. If moderators playtested, probably this can be rejection reason.
Additionly. Once putted on they can't be off. And this one is really-really bad and must have to be fixed.
Hope it will helps. Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
1) It has huge conflicts with a lot of custom skins created by other authors
2) It has conflicts with forehead bodymarks. I just suggest you to make it from eyeliners.
3) The first one have a glasses-looking are has stretching pixels to forehead with face emotions. Look at screenshot (46). Looks bit weird, isn't it? The nose junction of eyes circles a bit below can be solvation. If moderators playtested, probably this can be rejection reason.
Additionly. Once putted on they can't be off. And this one is really-really bad and must have to be fixed.
Hope it will helps. Vic ^_^

K, I made it so that it's an Occult EyeSocket thing, I hope that deals with the conflict. I don't want to set it as make-up since the markings are a part of the ink and octolings, so it doesn't get removed should the Sim be forced into the Naked outfit. It'll be like someone taking off their freckles when they hop into the shower. And now that I remember it, someone did make CC of the eye markings the Splatoon characters Callie and Marie on DA. Maybe I oughtta study that one to improve my inkling's marks. Though, I need someone without Vampires or Famous to make sure it works fine. 'Less it's possible for me to individually uninstall packs so I can test it myself.
Oh, and thanks for the feedback, pal.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  InkOctoEyemarksIcantevennameReattempt.zip (12.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Theorist
#8 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 5:17 PM
You can make it any category you want. By author's thought you can choose any. Just notice face markings are often used by custom skins and overlays both with skin wrincles and aging masks. If you are making fan themed creation, you better to know its combinations for all characters could probably use it.
I can't say it exactly. But for example. I'd prefer to have two versions of one mask that can be used at the same time. That's a great thing when creators make one item in both category such as body marks and facemasks.
That's just my point of view. Hope I was useful.
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.