Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Exported lot won't install/doesn't show up in library
Title is the question.

I made a lot in the game, and exported it. I took the sims3pack out of the Exported -folder, and tried to install it to a new game. The launcher says it installed correctly, but after many tries, deleting the caches, making a new The Sims 3 -folder, it still won't show up in the library folder or in the game bin. What's happening?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 10:33 PM
I don't understand why you want to make a sims3pack of the lot, unless you intend to share it?
Move the sims3pack to "downloads" folder, then click "install" on the launcher. It should show up in your game after opening game, edit town and then look for it in the bin under the "empty houses" tab. (This is redundant if you've already saved the lot to the world or library because it's already in your game).
If you've already saved the lot after creating it, that is to say, not just saving it to the world but saving "a copy to the library"...it should be in the library folder. (Give it a name, it will be easier to find.)
You can use this guide to help locate the buttons in edit mode - https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...odetutorial.php
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I don't understand why you want to make a sims3pack of the lot, unless you intend to share it?
Move the sims3pack to "downloads" folder, then click "install" on the launcher. It should show up in your game after opening game, edit town and then look for it in the bin under the "empty houses" tab. (This is redundant if you've already saved the lot to the world or library because it's already in your game).
If you've already saved the lot after creating it, that is to say, not just saving it to the world but saving "a copy to the library"...it should be in the library folder. (Give it a name, it will be easier to find.)
You can use this guide to help locate the buttons in edit mode - https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...odetutorial.php

I need to specify. I did intend to share the lot, and the sims3pack is the only thing left of this creation. It's a old creation (since January) so I don't have it in my game anymore. (I didn't think to put the library file in a safe place before renewing my Sims 3 folder, since I thought the sims3pack would be all I need when I would need the lot later.) I tried putting the sims3pack into the downloads folder and install from there, but it still doesn't show up in the lot bin in edit town. I tried double-click-installing the file from desktop, doesn't show up in the game either. The launcher says it installed correctly on all instances. The launcher lies.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 3:52 AM
Well...hmmm....I'd look for the lot in the launcher under "installed", "lots/worlds" (the one shaped like a house) and see if you can find it there. If so..then uninstall it...then try to install the sims3pack again.
Also check to see if you have all your packs checked marked. Delete "cache" files as well. https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...ache-files.html
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:44 AM
You an use the Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter to remove the package file (library file) from the sims3pack. Then place it in you game folder's Library file: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3> Library
It can be found in the lots bin in game. You can place it on a lot, edit if needed, and then re-export if you wish.
Sometimes the export to a sims3pack doesn't work properly. If the lot has broken cc, that can also break the sims3pack.
If you want to share it with another user, or anywhere besides the Sims 3 official website, it is easier and safer to share a library file.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You an use the Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter to remove the package file (library file) from the sims3pack. Then place it in you game folder's Library file: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3> Library
It can be found in the lots bin in game. You can place it on a lot, edit if needed, and then re-export if you wish.
Sometimes the export to a sims3pack doesn't work properly. If the lot has broken cc, that can also break the sims3pack.
If you want to share it with another user, or anywhere besides the Sims 3 official website, it is easier and safer to share a library file.

The multi-extracter worked! I thought I had lost the build forever. Thanks a bunch!