Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 7:18 PM
Sorry again for the trouble but when I tested the newest version, I had this error pop up:
[IMG][/IMG]

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Drawing.Dds..ctor(Stream s)
at System.Drawing.DdsFile.Load(Stream input, Boolean supportHSV)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.GetCurrentModel()
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edit: Had to change image link because it wasn't working.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 7:31 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Nov 2019 at 7:46 PM.
Yeah, on some systems the texture compositing is causing these out of memory errors, and it's just going to get worse as I add more textures. I'll try doing a 64-bit version.

Edit: I added the 64-bit version, please see if it takes care of this error.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#28 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yeah, on some systems the texture compositing is causing these out of memory errors, and it's just going to get worse as I add more textures. I'll try doing a 64-bit version.

Edit: I added the 64-bit version, please see if it takes care of this error.

I'm having the same error as well for some, not all, sims. 64 bits hasn't resolved them, the app is just generally faster
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by littledica
I'm having the same error as well for some, not all, sims. 64 bits hasn't resolved them, the app is just generally faster

I'll look into it, thanks.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 2:26 PM
I get this error randomly when I select any sim in the list, and when I try to export as Dae.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

There is also another one that pops up: The skin texture is not the correct size!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvbunnyxx2
I get this error randomly when I select any sim in the list, and when I try to export as Dae.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)

There is also another one that pops up: The skin texture is not the correct size!

The NullReferenceException is almost certainly caused by CC that doesn't have a texture. I've added error handling for that for the next version and we'll see.

The skin texture error is almost certainly because you've got HQ skin textures, which are not yet supported.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 4:00 PM
Everyone who's getting out-of-memory errors:

I've made some changes to the code where this is happening for the next version but don't know if that'll fix it. Naturally, except for one time about a week ago it's not happening on my computer so I can't really test. You all could help me out with some more info:

Is it happening with EA pre-made sims or only with sims using custom content?
Does it happen consistently with certain sims?
Does it happen right away or only after you've loaded several sims, changed outfits, etc.?
If it seems to happen with particular custom content, please upload it here or tell me where to get it for testing. (The hair, clothing, etc. for each outfit is listed in the box on the right.)

Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 5:06 PM
The NullReferenceException is almost certainly caused by CC that doesn't have a texture. I've added error handling for that for the next version and we'll see.

The skin texture error is almost certainly because you've got HQ skin textures, which are not yet supported.

Resizing the textures from 2048 x 4096 to 1024 x 2048 seem to help somewhat. I'll do this for the time being.

I haven't seen the memory error pop up as yet.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvbunnyxx2
Resizing the textures from 2048 x 4096 to 1024 x 2048 seem to help somewhat. I'll do this for the time being.

I haven't seen the memory error pop up as yet.

For the next version I'll have it resize any HQ-size textures. You'll lose the high quality but it should save you the work of resizing manually.

Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Toddolius : 12th Nov 2019 at 6:57 PM.
Default bug
The textures exported with the model are incorrect as the mouth appears to be missing. Happens on all models
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 7:50 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Nov 2019 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Toddolius
The textures exported with the model are incorrect as the mouth appears to be missing. Happens on all models

The teeth and inner mouth are mapped on the area of the other eyeball in the skin textures, so they're discolored because there's no texture specifically for those parts. EA must color them separately somehow. I'll look into it when I can but at least for now you'll have to correct it manually by editing the texture.

If anyone knows where I can find default EA teeth and inner mouth textures, I'd appreciate it.

Mad Poster
#37 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 5:10 PM
Hi, great to see an interesting new tool by you! Just came across it and been trying it out, seems to work very well as long as the sim isn't wearing cc meshes. If so, then the tool errors out. I'm not clear from what I've read in the thread whether cc meshes are yet supported, or only default items currently? I tried about half a dozen cc-wearing sims, such as glasses, clothes or hair meshes, in two TS4 installations, one Windows 7 64-bit Pro, and one Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro. In Windows 7, the errors alternate between "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "Index was outside the bounds of the array", on Windows 8 they have all been "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.". Am using the 64-bit version of SimRipper.

In any case I love the results of using it on sims not wearing cc - the face sculpts and body sculpts are coming through well in the .obj files! Thank you for this tool.

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Hi, great to see an interesting new tool by you! Just came across it and been trying it out, seems to work very well as long as the sim isn't wearing cc meshes. If so, then the tool errors out. I'm not clear from what I've read in the thread whether cc meshes are yet supported, or only default items currently? I tried about half a dozen cc-wearing sims, such as glasses, clothes or hair meshes, in two TS4 installations, one Windows 7 64-bit Pro, and one Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro. In Windows 7, the errors alternate between "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and "Index was outside the bounds of the array", on Windows 8 they have all been "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.". Am using the 64-bit version of SimRipper.

In any case I love the results of using it on sims not wearing cc - the face sculpts and body sculpts are coming through well in the .obj files! Thank you for this tool.

Hi, great to hear from you and I'm glad you're having fun with the tool!

Yes, CC meshes are supported and I've used them successfully. If possible I'd like to see the full text of those errors and get a link to one or two of the CC items that aren't working for you.

Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 1:28 AM
Default Works with townies but not with my sims
The 64bit version seems to work well with townies and other base sims w/o cc, although it takes a while to open them; however, I have an issue opening my sims with cc. It loads, but then the text in the sim selection box disappears and I get this message popping up:
Win32 Version: 1907.10.1905.25362
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Melis/Desktop/TS4SimRipper_1_3_0_0-64-bit/DDSPanel.DLL
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And the box says to either continue or quit. When I click continue, the sim never loads (unless it's a townie w/o cc), and when I click quit the program crashes. Is it a problem with my cc or can the program just not handle sims with cc yet? Thanks for this by the way!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 18th Nov 2019 at 11:40 AM.
Hi, great to hear from you and I'm glad you're having fun with the tool!

Yes, CC meshes are supported and I've used them successfully. If possible I'd like to see the full text of those errors and get a link to one or two of the CC items that aren't working for you.

Hi there! Here's some example error messages - I just used the game that's installed on the Windows 8.1 PC (not the Win 7 PC) to keep things simpler:

Two of my sims who have 100% custom bodies, Servo and Mr Skeleto. They both have their body meshes categorised as hair (so that they stay on when nude) and 1-poly Null Body meshes categorised as full outfits. I think their two error messages are the same?

Servo (uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/542670...fied-voice.html )

Mr Skeleto (uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/542279...-wear-hats.html )

And two of my human sims who wear one or two pieces of cc. Both sims are uploaded on this page: http://colorfulcommonwealth.proboar...-jensen-gunther

JC Denton, who wears my sunglasses mesh uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/539530...closer-fit.html . The rest of his clothing is cc but is only a recolour of default clothing. On the page linked above, JC's brother Paul is wearing the same cc as JC except for the sunglasses, and Paul does get loaded fine by SimRipper. So it's just the glasses that are the problem.

Adam Jensen, who wears cc meshed shades and a modified mesh of the default long coat I used for JC and Paul. He (and his cc) is uploaded at the same link I gave above for JC and Paul.

Phew, hope that all helps and is solveable. Hope all's well with you and thanks again for this tool!

More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 2:37 PM
Hi there! Here's some example error messages - I just used the game that's installed on the Windows 8.1 PC (not the Win 7 PC) to keep things simpler:

Two of my sims who have 100% custom bodies, Servo and Mr Skeleto. They both have their body meshes categorised as hair (so that they stay on when nude) and 1-poly Null Body meshes categorised as full outfits. I think their two error messages are the same?

Servo (uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/542670...fied-voice.html )

Mr Skeleto (uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/542279...-wear-hats.html )

And two of my human sims who wear one or two pieces of cc. Both sims are uploaded on this page: http://colorfulcommonwealth.proboar...-jensen-gunther

JC Denton, who wears my sunglasses mesh uploaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/539530...closer-fit.html . The rest of his clothing is cc but is only a recolour of default clothing. On the page linked above, JC's brother Paul is wearing the same cc as JC except for the sunglasses, and Paul does get loaded fine by SimRipper. So it's just the glasses that are the problem.

Adam Jensen, who wears cc meshed shades and a modified mesh of the default long coat I used for JC and Paul. He (and his cc) is uploaded at the same link I gave above for JC and Paul.

Phew, hope that all helps and is solveable. Hope all's well with you and thanks again for this tool!

Yes, very helpful! I've written the tool for EA-standard CAS parts so I'm not entirely surprised specialized CC breaks it. I can see where the error happens in the messages and should be able to fix it for the next version. Thanks!

Mad Poster
#42 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 7:12 PM
Yes, very helpful! I've written the tool for EA-standard CAS parts so I'm not entirely surprised specialized CC breaks it. I can see where the error happens in the messages and should be able to fix it for the next version. Thanks!

That's good news! Looking forward to the new version.

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 11:34 PM
So can you extract the sim with hair, clothes, accessories...etc and textures and convert it into a OBJ format?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:00 AM
That's good news! Looking forward to the new version.

Turned out to be that the meshes for those CC items are not completely EA standard and/or are old versions of the GEOM format. I put some stuff in to detect and compensate, and the sunglasses and Skeleto are working in v1.4.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
So can you extract the sim with hair, clothes, accessories...etc and textures and convert it into a OBJ format?

Yes, that's what the tool does.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:01 AM
Version 1.4 uploaded.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 1:39 AM
Yes, that's what the tool does.

Awesome!
Mad Poster
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 8:36 AM Last edited by Esmeralda : 22nd Nov 2019 at 12:16 PM.

Turned out to be that the meshes for those CC items are not completely EA standard and/or are old versions of the GEOM format. I put some stuff in to detect and compensate, and the sunglasses and Skeleto are working in v1.4.

Ooh, goodie, will try it out!! I always made my stuff to 100% EA standard, but I haven't made anything for TS4 since 2016 and the items you tested were made in 2014 to early 2016 and I'm aware that EA made several CAS-item-breaking changes in patches to the game since then. So I guess it must be the 'old version of GEOM' issue. My stuff has all continued to work fine in game all this time, but looks like your tool didn't like the older format. Looking forward to hopefully now being able to extract Mr Skels & co.

(Am actually considering picking up again on TS4 creation now that the latest EP has finally added vehicles - at least, bicycles - and robots. Squeeeeee)

ETA:
Have now tried it and yayy, I was able to extract Servo, Skeleto, and JC Denton. But for some reason, it still doesn't like Adam Jensen. No idea if it's his glasses or his coat or his hair, or what. Adam's cc was all made back in February 2015, so very early GEOMs.

And I came across a weird thing: I accidentally clicked on a default townie by mistake, Dina Caliente, and got the following error - she doesn't wear any cc, just base game defaults:

And then a strange thing happened - in the middle of all this, I quickly worked on something in Photoshop, and after that, I tried Dina again in SimRipper and she worked fine. I have noted in the past that using Photoshop somehow mysteriously can clear some random memory issue I was having, maybe due to how much memory it takes over for itself. So maybe SimRipper still has some sort of memory glitch?

In any case, working much better now and a nifty tool!

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:36 AM
CC and textures won't show up correctly in the SimRipper...nor when I export them.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
CC and textures won't show up correctly in the SimRipper...nor when I export them.

This tells me nothing since most CC is working - please tell me which sims and which CC aren't showing up correctly, and post pictures and the exported meshes and textures.

Locked thread | Locked by: Tashiketh Reason: Closing on request
Page 2 of 4