Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 6:46 PM
Default I'm trying to rebalance the game economy, but some files are elusive...
This far I've changed the base bills percentages, that was extremely easy.

I want to modify the the apartment rent rates as well, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find either the files or traces as to how I could find them.

I've searched through dozens of files and plenty of blocks of code for anything but not even a single clue.

They don't seem to be fixated on the lot, I haven't found a file indicating so.

There's no code regarding the landlord or hidden coding indicating as to how they would work.

Nothing regarding the mailboxes either.

No buffs, no object tuninngs, no individual files either.

I'm completely at a loss, can anybody give me any pointer or just stumbled upon the file by chance?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 8:37 AM
I can't dig through it anymore as I have other things to get to, but after digging through the tuning and not finding it I then went through the Python. It seems to be located somewhere in there, I just have no idea where the exact values are stored. I did find something that should, hopefully, solve your problem but I'm not sure as my Python/scripting is still the bare minimum. Hopefully someone else can give input.

In bills.py
Code:
    def get_bill_amount(self):
        bill_amount = 0
        plex_service = services.get_plex_service()
        if plex_service.is_zone_an_apartment(self._household.home_zone_id, consider_penthouse_an_apartment=False):
            persistence_service = services.get_persistence_service()
            house_description_id = persistence_service.get_house_description_id(self._household.home_zone_id)
            bill_amount += services.get_rent(house_description_id)

Based on my minimal knowledge, you should be able to change bill_amount = 0 to a desired base value, and when the code runs it should then add that base to the services.get_rent(house_description_id) and increase or decrease it. I hope it helps.

If you need help getting started: http://sims4studio.com/thread/15145...ython-scripting

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon