Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2020 at 12:51 AM
Default New Morphs Appear as 'User Defined' & Explodes
Let me start by saying I only began doing this last night, and I'm walking blind in the dark but I managed to make it this far. I've been reading this tutorial by marja87 because some of my defaulted clothes don't have fat and/or preg morphs. I succeeded every step up until it came time to replace the original mesh with the edited mesh, the package appears like this;

In the default package it looked the same way and during testing my game crashed. Then I thought I did something right in Milkshape because it didn't appear as User Defined when I replaced it, but then the outfit turned into this;

Another thing that seemed odd was that the popup for 'Create blend groups' didn't appear in Milkshape. If anyone with meshing expertise can walk me through this that'd be great.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th May 2020 at 1:09 AM
Morphs need to be part of the actual mesh (GMDC). You'll have the mesh (for instance "body") and then the morphs (usually ~00MORPHMOD.1 for fatmorph and ~00MORPHMOD.2 for pregmorph if it's just one set of morphs). You'll add everything to the same file, and then export. If you use Milkshape you'll export with the Unimesh exporter.

There are instructions on how to do it in Marja's tutorial too, but maybe it's a little unclear, so here's a couple others:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...463#post2158463 (just morph instructions)
https://hermit-fox.livejournal.com/1740.html (for more complicated meshes, but with pictures)

I'm guessing you maybe skipped a step or two.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2020 at 1:21 AM Last edited by Primavera : 18th May 2020 at 2:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Morphs need to be part of the actual mesh (GMDC). You'll have the mesh (for instance "body") and then the morphs (usually ~00MORPHMOD.1 for fatmorph and ~00MORPHMOD.2 for pregmorph if it's just one set of morphs). You'll add everything to the same file, and then export. If you use Milkshape you'll export with the Unimesh exporter.

There are instructions on how to do it in Marja's tutorial too, but maybe it's a little unclear, so here's a couple others:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...463#post2158463 (just morph instructions)
https://hermit-fox.livejournal.com/1740.html (for more complicated meshes, but with pictures)

Yes I did that with the GMDC. The one I was working on only had the 'body', so I had to put in the other 2 manually, and I did do all of that but I didn't know I also had to edit the mesh a little (it appeared to have been poking out of the shirt). I also have .wso files so maybe using the mesh toolkit isn't necessary. I did try to read hermit-fox's tutorial but the one I attempted to work on so far didn't have morphs at all (this one) so I was a bit lost. I'll try again reading CoEG's post.

EDIT: alright @simmer22 I read the part if a mesh has no morphs at all from CoEG, did what they wrote but where do I actually add the mesh that gives the fat and preg morphs? This is the first time I ever done something like this so excuse my slowness in this topic.

UPDATE: well I don't know what exactly happened but I managed to do it?? Instead of using the mesh marja linked I used the regular EA AF bodyshape from mayfairsims (are they the same?) and the mesh didn't look like it was poking out the outfit in milkshape this time, and lo and behold;

Reading CoEG's step-by-step process was helpful too. I'll report back on how the pregmorph looks in a few minutes.

UPDATE: pregmorph works, it just looks like this;

Normal bodyshape

Fat bodyshape

I'm guessing I can smooth that out in Milkshape then? I'm just glad I got the fatmorph working correctly. Next big thing to tackle is tops and bottoms.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2020 at 6:33 PM
The normal and fat bodyshapes kinda look pregnant, so you may want to have a look at the comments and group names to see if they're properly designated. The blocky look can probably be fixed a bit in Milkshape, though.

---

If you haven't worked much with morphs, I suggest to extract a body mesh (for instance AFbodynaked or some other mesh that's guaranteed to have both a fat and preg morph) with the PJSE tool, then right-click the GMDC and click "extract", then open this file in an empty Milkshape window (with the Unimesh importer), and clicking "yes" to importing morphs.

This way you can have a look at how the morphs are built up. I suggest to look at the group naming, the comments (Just a FYI, but morph comments will be different for tops than for whole outfits and bottoms) and play around with the show/hide buttons a bit so you can see the difference between the morph and the mesh it modifies. If you right-click the 3D window you can select "Wireframe Overlay" which shows the wireframe of the mesh. It's quite useful to do this with meshes when you're having some trouble understanding how they are built up (It's a trick I often use when there's something I don't understand in a file or mesh).
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Primavera : 18th May 2020 at 11:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The normal and fat bodyshapes kinda look pregnant, so you may want to have a look at the comments and group names to see if they're properly designated. The blocky look can probably be fixed a bit in Milkshape, though.

---

If you haven't worked much with morphs, I suggest to extract a body mesh (for instance AFbodynaked or some other mesh that's guaranteed to have both a fat and preg morph) with the PJSE tool, then right-click the GMDC and click "extract", then open this file in an empty Milkshape window (with the Unimesh importer), and clicking "yes" to importing morphs.

This way you can have a look at how the morphs are built up. I suggest to look at the group naming, the comments (Just a FYI, but morph comments will be different for tops than for whole outfits and bottoms) and play around with the show/hide buttons a bit so you can see the difference between the morph and the mesh it modifies. If you right-click the 3D window you can select "Wireframe Overlay" which shows the wireframe of the mesh. It's quite useful to do this with meshes when you're having some trouble understanding how they are built up (It's a trick I often use when there's something I don't understand in a file or mesh).

I think I worded it wrong @simmer22, my mistake; the 2 in-game pics is the pregmorph in the 3rd trimester (2nd trimester appeared the same with that sharp angle on the bottom), I was testing how it would look if the sim was fat. The fatmorph in the bodyshop pic appears normal, as well as the regular not-fat morph.

And yes I did import the afbodynaked and did the Comments correctly, but I did notice the pregmorph looked off in Milkshape, I just didn't think anything of it. I'll try and edit the pregmorph later on today to see if I can smooth out the bottom some, if not I'll keep the pregmorph in but not allow a sim to become pregnant while wearing it.

UPDATE:

After getting some sleep I edited the morph some to try and smooth out those sharp polygons and these are the results;

Fat Morph in bodyshop

Non-Fat Preg Morph; 2nd trimester

Non-Fat Preg Morph; 3rd trimester

Fat Preg Morph; 3rd Trimester

Not bad for my first try, an improvement from the pics from last night. But is there any way to automatically smooth stuck-out polygons or do I have to do that by hand?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads