Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2020 at 5:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can’t Use Digital Frames
I want to start off by saying I’ve never had this issue before, it’s completely new to me. The only photos I am able to put into the digital frame are photos taken from my sim’s phone camera or the WA cameras, I can’t place any greeting cards or photos from prom into these frames. I cannot drag these types of photos into the frame and I can’t view the photos in the digital frame and try to the place photos through there either; every time I try the photo I’m trying to place in the digital frame just flies back into my inventory or stays where it was originally placed. I’ve tried this with photos that have been placed in the world and I’ve also tried it with photos that have only stayed in my inventory, it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I also want to just say that yes it is indeed possible to put greeting cards and photos from prom into the digital frames, I’ve seen a few threads where people weren’t sure on that so I just want to clarify.

This only started happening after I bought and installed the Worlds Bundle pack, the Town Life Stuff pack, and some items from the sim store into my game. So the issue has to stem from one of these things. I suspect that the issue lies with the Town Life stuff pack, as a few threads I’ve read mentioned that they also got this glitch after installing a new pack. The only solution I have seen is to put a photo taken from the WA camera into the digital frame and then put a greeting card/prom photo in and it should work, but I haven’t had success with this.

This isn’t a game breaker, but I’ve come to love using the digital frames so any suggestions would be great! Thank you
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 8:32 PM
I don't mean to necro a 2 year old thread but I was experiencing this problem myself and after not being able to find any solutions that worked for me I just started trying random stuff and appear to be successful, so I thought I'd share since this never got any replies.

The thing that worked for me was using nraas debug enabler to clone my sim's greeting card, and it then let me place the clone inside the digital frame without any issue. I'm sure there has to be other ways but if you have that mod it is a pretty quick and easy solution for when the greeting cards etc refuse to go in.