Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 5:40 PM Last edited by caz100 : 11th Aug 2005 at 4:12 PM.
Tutorial: Changing the Color of The Sims 2 Control Bar!
I said I would do it and I have, so here you go!

And if you don't know what this tutorial does then here is a sneak peak!

Have fun with it and remember to post some pics of your results. :howdy:

Also if you have any questions, go ahead and ask, I will subscribe to this thread so I can answer them (*if I can* :confused.

It is a Microsoft Word Document file.

So hope you all like the tutorial, please reply with your views. Cheers.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Caz100's Tutorial - Making a Colour Scheme.rar (1.25 MB, 2221 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Caz100's Tutorial - Making A Colour Scheme..zip (1.26 MB, 1214 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 10:10 PM
I could make it into a PDF, if you want.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 10:36 PM
Thanks! I actually figured this out a while ago, but I never thought you could actually use it to this level.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2005 at 8:42 PM
I suggest that you use a pro-level PE tool, and then you can redo the whole toolbar via macros.
If anybody wants to know how, give me a buzz.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 4:16 AM
chrisnjosh do you know if a micro will work for photoshop? That would be the ideal program to use.. at least for me!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2005 at 3:16 PM
I am not even sure what macro is but would you not still have to extract hundreds of pics, 1 at a time and import them 1 at a time.
#7 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 12:47 PM
Great tutorial. I used to do this with Sims 1 but hadn't tried with Sims 2 untill I saw your post.

Here's what I've done so far, not much but it's late at night and I need some sleep
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 4:11 PM
That's really good! I wish I could read Word files now...

Mind Like A Steel Trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 States!
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by database
That's really good! I wish I could read Word files now...

You can view Word files, even though you don't have Word! Go here and you can download Word Viewer from Microsoft's website.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 8:34 PM
Patrick 2.0. great work. I like it. Check out the thread I made so that you can change loads more
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=78316
#11 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caz100
Patrick 2.0. great work. I like it. Check out the thread I made so that you can change loads more
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=78316

Yep, saw that, very nice! I eventually want to change every pop-up box as well as all buttons.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jul 2005 at 4:29 AM
Thank you so much! I was just wondering how to do this two days ago. Mine will be black/gray, of course...
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Oct 2005 at 2:09 PM
Coo, this looks good, i wil have to have a go at it
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 4:34 PM
Does it work with EXpension packs
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 11:40 PM
I finally got around to doing a complete re-colour, you can find it in the global mods directory. I might do a wood grain version in the uture, but it was too much work for a complete recolour. :gonemad:

Patrick 2.0
Screenshots

Visit SimDreams for more of our Sims 2 stuff.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:43 PM
GREAT! xD now I know what to do this long weekend (sat-mon) I'll try changing as much as possible :p
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 5:38 PM
Thanks! This is an awesome tutorial. Im doin a full re-color. I was havin trouble with it a few days ago, but now I get how to do it. XP
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Citysim : 10th Jul 2006 at 11:00 AM.
I would like to strongly suggest if you could also put this turtorial in PDF file or HMTL file so it can be compatible with all operating systems, as only WinXP users can follow this turtorial, Word Viewer does NOT install on any operating systems prior to WinXP.

I'm sure your turtioral will get much more support and replies if you can convert your tutorial so we can all read it.

Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 6:00 PM
Default Wood Grain! :D
Quote: Originally posted by Patrick2.0
I finally got around to doing a complete re-colour, you can find it in the global mods directory. I might do a wood grain version in the future, but it was too much work for a complete recolour. :gonemad:

Patrick 2.0

That would be so wonderful. I play a medieval neighborhood and I think a wooden UI would make it even more fun!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Ahimoth : 19th Feb 2007 at 3:32 AM.
Even though this thread is older, a thought as to viewing word files w/out word and avoiding the issue of operating system compatiblity versioning: OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org). Hope you don't mind but I did you a favor and converted to pdf like was suggested early on in the thread. If it's a problem, I'll take it down...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Caz100's Tutorial - Making a Colour Scheme.zip (355.2 KB, 183 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 8:43 AM
i found a good image software that fully supports the format of the sims 2 ui, including transparency so no more black borders! its the gimp (http://www.gimp.org) its great im working on a grey one!
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 2:41 PM
Could anyone help me please? I'd love to try this out but my computer will not let me download the files or do anything! It's really annoying! Do I need any special programmes and if so, where do i get them?

If anone could help, that would be great!

M
x
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:59 AM
Default hi
could you please email the tutorial to me

thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 12:06 PM
WOW! so interesting! Congrats greast tutorial

The dark side is SO couture... <3
Page 1 of 2