Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 24th May 2009 at 4:29 AM
Default code:5
Quote: Originally posted by xbeautifulstitchesx
I have done all of this and when I try to package the cloned sim, it says:

Error code:5

Transaction ID: 748544381

Hi, I am also having this problem. When I try to package a sim it says Error code:5 & a transaction ID number. It used to work fine. How did you fix this problem?
Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
Default Big Problem
Hi

Thanks for your tutorial!!
I did what you say and yes, I successfully extracted two sims that I created during the game...well,not so successful actually. When I opened the Sim bodyshop and looked for the sims I just extracted, they icon pictures look exactly like the ones I created but when I cloned them, they appeares to be totally different then my original sims. As matter of fact, they look horrible!! My original sims are very adorable and no they look so ugly. I don't know why is that, I did every thing accoring to the tutorial. I deleted the two terrifying sims and back to SimPE to work again. However, they appeared the same ugly way as the first time.

I need help!!
Please tell me what can I do to fix this problem.

Thank you!!

Carole081668
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheeroke
K, so I tried to extract my beautiful sim, LUNA WAYNE, that was born in game. I did everything by tutorial, but it doesn't work.
when I go to body shop, there's a sim with same clothes, makeup, hair like Luna, but with different face. She doesn't even have pointed ears like her.
I already cloned her in bodyshop, tried to extract her again but she still gets that other face.
Her face looks right in SimPE (in surgery too).

I was wondering what could go wrong and I think I should tell you that there are two Luna's in Sim Description. One of them is Luna like she looked when she was Young Adult. She doesn't appear is Surgery window. Is that usual?, because I noticed a few other Sims to be written twice. The "old" picture is on a blue background.

I really want to extract that sim, she's really beautiful and many people asked me to share her so.... please, help.

I have exactly the same problem as yours.
I have two really good looking sims that i made in CAS and I would love to share and keep them in my body shop as well, so I can have the original pretty sims grow old and not to worry that if I ever want to see them in my game again.
I opened my bodyshop and found two extrememly ugly sims...that relly break my heart!!

Carole081668
Test Subject
#129 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:17 PM
So far so good! I had a born in game Sim that I just adored, and thought 'I'd love to be able to put him in my back up folder in case the unthinkable happened'. Thanks so much for this tut. It really came in handy!!
Test Subject
#130 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:11 AM
thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much. i've been looking for this for so long. i made my best friend a long time ago, and i made her too pretty to age so i haven't played her cause i'm afraid of losing the sim! rofl. now i can keep an extra best friend! thanks again!!
Test Subject
#131 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 6:10 PM
My sims won't show up in body shop either. No one has posted for 2 months so I don't think I'll get an answer but I'll try anyways.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#132 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 7:34 PM
SP_Passion, do you see a package file in your SavedSims folder that matches the name you gave to the file you extracted using SimPE?

If the package file you extracted is in the My Documents/EA Games/SavedSims folder, when you go into Bodyshop, are you looking in the correct gender and age group?
Test Subject
#133 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:08 PM
No pictures anymore
Test Subject
#134 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:41 PM
Step 1 [b]

Open SimPE From the "File" tab-Select Open, and navigate to the neighborhood that houses the sim you wish to extract.

It doesnt seem I cant open folders only individual files.I go to the File tab and I choose Open then I go in the neighbours folder then I cant open the neighbour folder N001(the one im interested in), it only let me go inside the neighbour folder and into any of the other folders like , characters, and then inside and I have to pick up a single file.

Anyone can tell me what to do?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#135 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:41 PM
1) Open SimPE .
2) From the top menu, select Tools>Neighborhood>Neighborhood Browser...
3) Select the neighborhood your Sim is in (the main 'hood, specified as Normal: [name])
4) Once that neighborhood is loaded, from the top menu, select Tools>Neighborhood>Sims Surgery...
5) Wait patiently for the data to load. This may take some time. When the data has loaded, the Sim Surgery window will pop up.
6) Select your Sim from the list of available Sims in the "Sim Pool"
7) Click "use" under Patient Sim. Double-check the picture and name to be sure that you have selected the correct Sim.
8) Now click Export (next to Patient).
9) Save. (You can rename the exported file before saving it.)
10) If you want to package this Sim, create a clone in Body Shop and export there. Do not transfer the file exported from SimPE straight into another game.
Test Subject
#136 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:56 PM
Thanks so much for this explanantion, its greatly appreciated

Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
1) Open SimPE .
2) From the top menu, select Tools>Neighborhood>Neighborhood Browser...
3) Select the neighborhood your Sim is in (the main 'hood, specified as Normal: [name])
4) Once that neighborhood is loaded, from the top menu, select Tools>Neighborhood>Sims Surgery...
5) Wait patiently for the data to load. This may take some time. When the data has loaded, the Sim Surgery window will pop up.
6) Select your Sim from the list of available Sims in the "Sim Pool"
7) Click "use" under Patient Sim. Double-check the picture and name to be sure that you have selected the correct Sim.
8) Now click Export (next to Patient).
9) Save. (You can rename the exported file before saving it.)
10) If you want to package this Sim, create a clone in Body Shop and export there. Do not transfer the file exported from SimPE straight into another game.
Test Subject
#137 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM
Has anyone successfully followed the instructions without pictures? It seems like I can do without them, but I don't want to get halfway and get stuck
Test Subject
#138 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SP_Passion
My sims won't show up in body shop either. No one has posted for 2 months so I don't think I'll get an answer but I'll try anyways.

I had this happen, and what I discovered is that in the Saved Sims folder, somehow I had a .bak file with the sim name I saved it under instead of a .package file. In other words, instead of the file saying "Jason.package" for example, it would say "Jason.bak" -- there may even have been one of both the .package and the .bak file with the same character name, but I can't remember since it's been awhile since I've extracted a sim from my game. (I do remember getting rid of the original .package file and then changing the .bak file extension to a .package extension, so maybe that was the case.)

In any event, the .bak file is the correct one to use, so long as you change that ".bak" to a ".package" -- and ignore when your computer tells you the file might become unusable! Once I did that, the sim appeared in Body Shop.

By the way, for those who have issues with Body Shop crashing or not loading, I've found that as someone said earlier, you need to pull out your Neighborhoods folder. I pull mine out and put it on the desktop, use Bodyshop, and then after I'm done, I put it back where it belongs in the folder again. That's the only way my Bodyshop will work, probably because my Downloads folder is so huge.

I have a question, though. I know this thread doesn't get much action, but I hope someone can answer this. If you extract a born-in-game sim and clone it in Bodyshop, will you get the sim's combined DNA? In other words, if your sim is born of two sims with different skintones, will the cloned sim be carrying the DNA for both skintones, or will it only have the one it displays?
Test Subject
#139 Old 22nd May 2010 at 9:58 PM
I have a question... I'm new here and ... what is bodyshop? Like the in-game bodyshop or... something else? O.o Please help me

Thanks Talbot

"R.I.P Gracie Todd... the Sim that drowned in the pool and I don't know how she did it... R.I.P"
Site Helper
#140 Old 22nd May 2010 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by talbotwolf
I have a question... I'm new here and ... what is bodyshop? Like the in-game bodyshop or... something else?
This should help: Bodyshopwiki (the wiki is a wonderful thing.)
Test Subject
#141 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so so so sooooo much!!
=D
Test Subject
#142 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 1:27 PM
Hi, I have a bit of a problem--everything in my version of SimPE says Unknown. Like when I go into SimSurgery theres no picture and it says No Character Data. Its been happening in all neighboorhoods and I haven't the faintest idea why! My game is working normally though.
Test Subject
#143 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 7:11 AM Last edited by arinaftw : 25th Dec 2010 at 7:26 AM. Reason: Adding picture
Slight problem here

Alright, so I do everything up to Step 10 with no problem. But, when I open Bodyshop, my Sims is not there. I have tried this with multiple sims and they are never there, no matter what I do. Someone help please?
Screenshots
transmogrified
retired moderator
#144 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 7:53 AM
arina, where are you saving the file you're exporting via SimPE? That .package file needs to be in your Downloads or SavedSims folder.

Are you looking in the correct gender and age group in Bodyshop? I assume she was an adult and not a YA when you exported her, so you're looking in female adult?
Test Subject
#145 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 10:21 PM
I'm saving the file to EA Games > The Sims 2 > Saved Sims. And about the downloads folder, is it the game's or Bodyshop's?

Also, what do you mean the correct gender & age group? There is no option for that in my bodyshop..?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#146 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 2:06 AM
And about the downloads folder, is it the game's or Bodyshop's?

Are you using the prerelease version of Bodyshop or the one that is automatically installed with the game? If it's the prerelease version, I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with its eccentricities and can't provide any help. If it's the one that comes with the game, then it automatically uses the same Downloads and SavedSims folders as the game.

The UI for bodyshop does have selectors for age and gender, but I forgot those weren't enabled when selecting premade Sims from the bin. Sorry for the confusion!
Test Subject
#147 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 12:52 PM
I've done this once. And it only worked once.

I had to download Bodyshop separately, not sure which one it is.
Test Subject
#148 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 6:54 PM
THANK YOU!
now i can extract most of the game's dead/missing/deleted sims.
: )

GrilledCheeze
Respect the sandwich.
Forum Resident
#149 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 5:37 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 10th Feb 2012 at 4:49 AM.
I found this tutorial with pictures...
There's a tutorial here on Pixel Trade's page with pictures: http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html
Forum Resident
#150 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 2:58 AM
Would it be unsafe to try and clone Mrs. Crumplebottom by using this tutorial?
Page 6 of 7