Replies: 21 (Who?), Viewed: 27914 times.
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:06 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:49 PM.
Default The Mafia Family Challenge!
Life in Sim City just isn't the way it used to be. At one time, sims could trust their neighbors, and be sure that they will live on to see the next day. But times have changed. It's every sim for him/herself (simself?)... Unless, of course, families stick together to try and keep each other safe from these dangers.

And this is where you come in. Organized crime has been brought to the streets of Sims City... And you are in charge of it all.

Bring citizens to their knees, begging before the Don, as you create the most influential criminal family in Sims history!

------------------------------------------------------------------

• Start the family off with an elder male, and at least one son and one daughter. There may be more family- a wife for the elder, brothers and sisters, or more children. However, no grandchildren yet! Also, everyone you create MUST be blood-related to the elder male. No wife or husband for the son and daughter yet.

• Have the elder man join the criminal career track (you may cheat to make him the head, if you wish.) He will be the figurehead of this legacy.

• His son (or one of them, if you made more) MUST continue on in his footsteps and join the criminal career track, too. However, you may not cheat to make him any higher up.

• Other sons may have any job they desire, although the criminal career track is highly recommended (you will see more reasons why, later on.)

• Daughters are not so lucky. They may only join the criminal career track. EXCEPTIONS: They may work in home/family businesses. But the lot that they work on MUST be owned by someone in the family. She is also free to stay home, if wanted.

• As is obvious now, family businesses are allowed. They may either be on a community lot, or a home business. However- only family members and best friends may be hired to work them.

• Money cheats are allowed for the founding household ONLY.

• The founder/heirs may NEVER move out of main house.

• Adoptions ARE allowed, even for heirs.

• "Whacking" of the founder/heir is NOT allowed... EVER!

• The heir MUST be male.

• All heirs MUST become Criminal Mastermind at some point.

• May only marry/move in townies or NPCs.

• May only move in someone that a sim in the family is in love with, even if they don't plan on marrying. (However, the moved-in sim is NOT considered part of the family.)

• Vampires, werewolves, plant sims, etc. are allowed. They just make no point difference.

• Servos and other robots are allowed.

• No cheats except for the money cheats in the main household, and cheats to "whack" sims. No mood elevators, relationship adjustors, etc!

• Sims created in the beginning may have any aspiration you wish. Teens must roll a die for aspirations-
1 - Fortune
2 - Knowledge
3 - Family
4 - Romance
5 - Popularity
6 - Pleasure (or roll again, if you don't have Nightlife.)
BUT if, as a child, the teen earned all their mechanical skill, creativity skill, and got up to 8 body skill: you may choose their aspiration.

• Aspiration and Career rewards ARE allowed.

• College is allowed. Any major is allowed.

• Re-rolling for aspirations while in college is allowed. The same rules apply, except that the skills may have been earned after childhood, up until the time where the change takes place (after Sophomore year.)

• Influence points should be used whenever you can. (This IS an influential family, after all.)

• BUT, the ONLY time that the founder or an heir may be influenced to do something is on the day of a wedding.

Speaking of weddings, here are the:


-~- RULES OF MARRIAGE -~-

• All marriages must take the male's last name.
• Affairs and illegitimate children are allowed.
• In order for a sim to marry into the family, they must first become friends with at least THREE (3) sims in the family, including the person they are to marry. Being friends with family by marriage counts, as well (such as being friends with your fiancé's sister-in-law.)
• Married sims are free to leave the household and find their own place (but not heirs.) However, they may no longer use any money cheats in their new home.
• If sim offspring from the family, but on another lot, wishes to get married- the same rules apply (their fiancé(e) must be friends with three sims already in the family.)
• Same-sex civil unions are NOT allowed. (However, same-sex affairs ARE.)
• There must ALWAYS be a party for a wedding. But it doesn't have to be a good party, as long as there is one.
• Divorce is allowed. HOWEVER, since divorce frequently leads to grudges and mutual dislike, failing marriages tend to stick together (out of fear of being "whacked."- more info on this below.)
• Wives married in who already have a job other than Criminal may keep it, unless it is in Law Enforcement (in which case, see below.)


-~- RULES OF "WHACKING" -~-

• Cheats to kill ARE allowed.
• In order to "whack" someone, you must first either have a grudge against them, or be enemies with them. Just one is fine, you don't have to have both.
• Only the sim with the grudge or that is an enemy (or someone whose spouse has a grudge/is an enemy) is allowed to "whack" the person.
• Only sims with a job in the criminal career may "whack" someone.
• Family members may be "whacked". However, different rules apply (as will be seen below.)
• Any sim may be "whacked"- playable and non.
• Graves may be moved to other lots.
• Whacks MUST occur on a lot owned by the family (any- including community business lots and relatives' lots.)
• The sim to commit the "whack" and the sim to be "whacked" must BOTH be on the lot at the SAME TIME.
• Not everyone is successful the first time, and it really depends on how good your skills are, so this is
How to "whack" a sim-
First of all, get a 6-sided die.
Second, check the career level of the sim to do the "whacking":

Pickpocket, Bagman, Bookie- Must roll a 5 or a 6 in order to be successful.
Con Artist, Getaway Driver, Bank Robber- Must roll a 4, 5, or 6.
Cat Burglar, Counterfeiter, Smuggler- Must roll a 3, 4, 5, or 6.
Criminal Mastermind- May roll anything EXCEPT a 1.

If you are successful, you may kill the offending sim there and then. You may use cheats, or you may go it without. IT IS NEVER NECESSARY TO "WHACK" A SIM. But it WILL get you extra points if done well. (Besides, it's a good way to eliminate ugly genes from your neighborhood's gene pool. )

If you are looking to "whack" a member of the family, you still roll the die. But regardless of career level, you MUST get a 6 in order to succeed. (This person has their own skills and the rest of their family to keep them safe, after all.)

• If an attempt is failed, you must wait until the next time the disliked sims appears again. After they do, the same rules apply as for before.
• A sim that is to be "whacked" may NOT be moved in, even if all other move-in requirements are met (Deciding to "whack" someone after a marriage into the family IS allowed, just not if the decision to be "whacked" was made before.)
• Teens are NOT allowed to "whack."



-~- POINT SYSTEM -~-

+5 for every "whack" completed without cheats.
+2 for every "whack" completed WITH cheats.
+5 for every successful marriage (Has a wedding party score of "Good Time" or better, no affairs/cheating on each other (not even flirting), they stay in love from the beginning up to the end ("til death" do they part), has at least one child.)
+10 if every wedding party score has been "Good Time" or better, EXCEPT:
+20 if every wedding party score has been "Roof Raiser."
+10 for every sims to reach the top of the Criminal career track before having a child (thus starting as a teen is highly recommended!)
+5 if money cheats are only used in the beginning of the challenge.
+15 if no money cheats are ever used at all.
+10 if no dating gifts are ever used or sold (thus making money off them.)
+1 for every family friend (this includes friends to family that live on other lots.)
+1 for every family member (husbands and wives don't count. However, adopted children do.)
+5 for every teen to become an "overachiever" in Criminal field.
+5 for every heir (including the founder) that dies as platinum (even if not by old age.)
+3 for every heir (including the founder) to die from old age.
+4 for every pair of (non-cheesecake) twins.
+2 for every pair of cheesecake twins.
+2 if the birth to bring in the heir is twins (in addition to the regular twin bonus.)
+2 for every sim in the family to reach Criminal Mastermind (regardless of if they are the heir or not.)


-1 for every "whack" attempt failed.
-1 for every sim that accidentally dies on the lot (for whatever reason.)
-2 for every sim to marry-in that originally has a job in Law Enforcement (in which case, they must quit that job immediately.)
-2 for every family member to become an enemy of another family member (grudges are fine. Also, no points off for "whacking" family.)
-3 for every child/teen who gets an F at any point.
-3 for every teen runaway.
-4 for every child taken by the social worker.
-3 for every demotion in the Criminal career track.
-6 for every firing from the Criminal career track.
-4 for every child who dies.



---------------------

This challenge MAY be played as a matriarch, instead (same rules, just reverse the gender roles.)

The first generation is the elder you begin with.

The challenge ends when the 6th generation of the main household is born.

Households where non-heirs are living do not have to be played, but their families and "family friends" count as well. The goal here is to have a BIG, INFLUENTIAL, CRIMINAL FAMILY. So it's a smart idea to spread the family out a bit.



Well, that's it- have fun! I've been thinking of making this challenge for a while, but only now started writing down the rules. I have all the EPs, so I wrote the rules for someone that has them all too. If you would like to change anything to make it more base-game friendly, be my guest. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please do ask!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 4:41 PM
Great, I like this. I'm going to make Don Lotharion my Don :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:06 PM
Now this challenge sounds like fun.
#4 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:47 AM
I might try this. It sounds neat.
#5 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 4:00 AM
Ooh. I think I'll do this. Question; are heirs allowed to go to college because that would count as moving out I think..?
#6 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:58 PM
Can I try a medieval version of this? The challenge itself sounds like a LOT of fun, but I can't seem to stop playing my older-fashioned neighbourhoods at the moment.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:22 AM
Hey, this is the same person. I lost my "Psycho_Katie" account when the server got messed up some months ago (I think that's what happened?) Anyway, for some reason I haven't been able to get my old account back, so I had to make a new one. (If anyone knows how I can get it back, please tell me.) Anyway, I'm surprised I got replies here! As to the questions-


Quote:
Originally Posted by NiamhIE
Ooh. I think I'll do this. Question; are heirs allowed to go to college because that would count as moving out I think..?


Yes, they are allowed, as long as they move back after they're done. (It will greatly help getting to the top of the Criminal career faster, so it could even be recommended.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimsme
Can I try a medieval version of this? The challenge itself sounds like a LOT of fun, but I can't seem to stop playing my older-fashioned neighbourhoods at the moment.


Sure, do it in whatever style/era you'd like! I'd love to hear how that story plays out, too.
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 4:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKatie
Sure, do it in whatever style/era you'd like! I'd love to hear how that story plays out, too.
Dankeshen!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 9:42 PM
Oh, great! I had always wondered what I should do with Veronaville, then I read someone mention that they played a Mafia setting in it. I tried, but just couldn't imagine how to play it that way. This will make a great rule set to try it. I wonder which family will thrive the longest before their gene pool is destroyed? The Monty's or the Capp's? >=)

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
#10 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 7:34 PM
Ooohohh. Fun fun fun. Can I use the Gun mod to whack sims? <: Does that count as cheats?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 6:28 PM
I believe there is a mod that creates a Hitman NPC as well. I'm not sure what/where it is, though.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 12:17 PM
It is on DMA Sims-you have to register to get it, and the hit man does not do family members. Sigh. There are a couple of people in my game that definitely should get whacked!
Also, there is a Mafia Career on MTS2.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 3:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryH
It is on DMA Sims-you have to register to get it, and the hit man does not do family members. Sigh. There are a couple of people in my game that definitely should get whacked!
Also, there is a Mafia Career on MTS2.


I can't find a site called DMA sims...do you have a link?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 4:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edejan
I can't find a site called DMA sims...do you have a link?

http://valdea.com/

You can find the hitman NPCs in the miscellaneous set.

- // ::яεaκza::\\ -
[ ] ♥ sηīy īs σ√εЯRε
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 4:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakziilla
http://valdea.com/

You can find the hitman NPCs in the miscellaneous set.


Cool! Thanks!!
#16 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:09 AM
Hi PsychoKatie,
I know it's been a while since you've been back in this thread and I hope you haven't lost interest in it, but I just had a few questions to ask.

I've started this challenge but am working my way through the points system. Call me crazy but what did you mean by 'Cheesecake twins'?
Quote:
+4 for every pair of (non-cheesecake) twins.
+2 for every pair of cheesecake twins.

Also, you say:
Quote:
-4 for every child who dies.

I thought kids and babies couldn't die but were simply taken by social worker? Doesn't that equate to:
Quote:
-4 for every child taken by the social worker.
??
Just curious.

I was also a bit doubtful about:
Quote:
+5 for every successful marriage (Has a wedding party score of "Good Time" or better, no affairs/cheating on each other (not even flirting), they stay in love from the beginning up to the end ("til death" do they part), has at least one child.)

I would think that anyone that kept a marriage great under these circumstances would be worth more than say not selling dating gifts. *shrugs* But that's my opinion. I hope you don't mind I'm upping the ante there to +50 because in normal play I usually CAN'T have a happy marriage anyway so that's some incentive

I've also downloaded a 'Mafia' career track from MTS2 to tie in with this. So far so good.

I'm playing Veronaville specifically to rid Simland of the Summerdreams etc. This is a great solution!
So, thanks for this.
Have been looking for ages for something to get me back into the game again - so far this challenge is working great!
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravynlee
I've started this challenge but am working my way through the points system. Call me crazy but what did you mean by 'Cheesecake twins'?


Hope you don't mind me answering instead: If you have Open for Business, one of the new meals you have the option to make is cheesecake. You need 7 cooking skill points to make it...and it has the bonus of always making a pregnant sim have twins once eaten.
#18 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya Stevens
Hope you don't mind me answering instead: If you have Open for Business, one of the new meals you have the option to make is cheesecake. You need 7 cooking skill points to make it...and it has the bonus of always making a pregnant sim have twins once eaten.
Brilliant! I never knew that, I feel like an idiot, but now I know, so thanks for educating me
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 11:43 AM
Are the heirs alowed to be influenced by the founder, or a previous heir?
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 9:24 PM
Sorry it took long to reply! Thanks for answering that question, Katya, I don't mind at all. ^^

As to the other questions,

Ravynlee- Toddlers and babies can't die, but children still can. I don't know every way, but I know they can drown and die in fires.

I suppose you're right about the marriage thing. I should've made that score a little higher. But play it however you feel is right.


HyjaClinton- I think the Gun mod sounds like it would be a really good addition to a challenge such as this! I said that cheats *are* allowed, so feel free to use it!

Pudding437- Yes, influencing children is allowed. Gotta pass down those "family values" someway, after all!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 8:51 PM
I did this challenge. It was awesome! I 'm going to try again! (Every one got sick because some one kicked over there trash can because they were enemy and then EVERY ONE got sick etc etc. but now I have a storyline for young Luke! The lost Mafia boy!)

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Mad Poster
Back to top