PDA

View Full Version : Missing Codec For Recording...all EPs installed

ZenFrog76
25th Oct 2006, 4:43 AM
Hi...I have paid for and downloaded an item from Sims Vault (Games Rack & Games) which requires an older version of DivX...(to cut a long story short, the new version of DivX meant that every time the Sim used a game purchased from this rack it was minimizing back to the desktop) I also downloaded and installed the On2 VP6 thingy.
Now whenever I try to record a movie in game (settings at Size Medium/Quality Medium and sound on) I get a message saying I don't have the right codec and will have to record in uncompressed format. I have got in touch with the creator of this item and said that it is causing problems with the newer DivX which was when he suggested the older version...that is working fine now but I now have this codec problem...are there any work arounds or other codecs that will allow me to record and playback the movies I create in The Sims 2?
On2 VP6 didn't work...it installed but when I went back into the game and tried to record up popped the message about codecs again!

ARGGHH...I am also running this without any other downloads, cheats etc. please help, if you can!

simsample
25th Oct 2006, 2:46 PM
Try viewing the file My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\ConfigVideoCapture.ini and check that the codec is set to On2 VP6.1.

ZenFrog76
25th Oct 2006, 3:14 PM
yep...did that and it is set that way. I also tried the Maxis suggestion of putting in my own codec preference but no luck...also I have just re-installed the newer DivX to overwrite the older one and it still won't record....I am going to get in touch with the creator of the object and see where I stand. I am currently backing everything up to do a whole computer re-install as this farting around has probably affected other stuff that I want to use on the PC....grrrrr!

ZenFrog

simsample
25th Oct 2006, 3:30 PM
Ahh, sorry to hear that! Please let me know how you get on, good luck!

ZenFrog76
27th Oct 2006, 1:17 AM
well...I did a complete re-install of my pc and now have the games up and running fine....no word as to what the creator of the offending object intends to do...I am hoping the item gets updated and I will get it sent to me (I am not paying for it again!)

Shame though,
ZenFrog

simsample
27th Oct 2006, 8:01 AM
I'm sure that Exnem at Sims Vault will be glad of your feedback on this; if you give him as much detail as possible about what you tried I'm sure he will update the item if necessary. Glad your game is working, well done!