PDA

View Full Version : Cannot learn a guitar track at max guitar????

DreadWizardDM
19th Jul 2009, 12:21 AM
The level 9 sheet music song called "Dream" something or another?? Anyways I am playing a virtuoso sim that is now a rockstar (level 10 music career) and I have tried to read this sheet music and I cannot learn it. I have also tried to use the guitar to learn it or perform it with no luck. It does not even show up as an option on the guitars pie menu. Is there any way I can do a work around to get the song into my list of songs? I also checked the music skill tab and its not listed under the tracks I know.

Any help with this would be appreciated as I am trying to do every musical challenge.

PS: The stereos do not seem to want to play any music, they fucntion and I can see the music notes but I cannot hear the tunes. The tv and computer and guitar sounds play fine but the stereo systems dont.. even bought new sterios.

heeelllpppp...

:help:

Shimrod101
19th Jul 2009, 2:23 AM
The level 9 sheet music song called "Dream" something or another?? Anyways I am playing a virtuoso sim that is now a rockstar (level 10 music career) and I have tried to read this sheet music and I cannot learn it. I have also tried to use the guitar to learn it or perform it with no luck. It does not even show up as an option on the guitars pie menu.

I've done the musical career but chose the classical line. I don't remember now, but was it the case that when you hit level 9 or 10 on the career you learned a special song? You got it as a reward or unique song or whatever? If it is the case maybe my sim got this Dream song on the classical side and you got some other song. I don't remember now if this happened or not, don't know if the guy has the song either, I just take 'play' with the guitar because I like that level 10 default song, lol. It's forever since I've used the playlist.

AyaJulia
19th Jul 2009, 4:14 AM
Regarding the stero not playing music: Make sure it isn't set to the "custom" station. I've found that sometimes, that station doesn't play music, while other times it plays the default custom selections.

About the sheet music... this sounds silly, but remember that level 10 guitar and level 10 in the music career aren't the same thing. You may have made it to Rock Star with level 8 guitar, leaving you unable to learn a level 9 song. The songs are dependent on your guitar skill, not your level of the music career. Like I said, unlikely and I'm sure you've looked there, but it's like making sure the computer is plugged in before you start troubleshooting why a guy's monitor stopped working. :)

Shikonah
19th Jul 2009, 7:38 AM
I tried to get that skill bonus and quit, because I was having the same problem. My sim was a rockstar with max-music skill, but couldn't seem to go backwards with the books/sheet music and learn the rest of the songs. Perhaps it's a low-key bug, or something. Or, you know, we're both just dumb.

The Wild Turkey
19th Jul 2009, 8:36 AM
Regarding the stero not playing music: Make sure it isn't set to the "custom" station. I've found that sometimes, that station doesn't play music, while other times it plays the default custom selections.

I have this same problem and custom is the only station that plays, all the others won't. It seems to happen after having the stereo for an amount of time, meaning if I buy new stereo all stations will play, but after a day or two the sound cuts out.

DreadWizardDM
19th Jul 2009, 5:16 PM
Well I checked and my music skill is 10 and my career is 10 (rock star) and it seems there are songs I am missing, I have gone to the book store and repurchased all the sheet music as well but for some odd reason I cannot learn that level 9 dream song. As for the stereo now it seems to be working...intermittantly. Hmmm... I am thinking they just need to come out with a new game patch... one that actually fixes things and doesnt mess up other things.

Side Note: My downloader doesnt seem to work very well either. Anyone else have this prob?

Shikonah
19th Jul 2009, 5:35 PM
By downloader, do you mean launcher? That's known to suck, so it's nothing new. If you mean you can't install downloaded content, i.e., Sims3packs, because you have to "make sure all files are up to date" then those files are just being recognized as broken by your system. There's a fix-program for that... pssh, somewhere around these nets.

Canoodle
19th Jul 2009, 5:46 PM
Dreadwizard, it seems like you may have a game problem(s). This forum is not for that sort of 'help'. I would suggest clicking on the help menu on the navigation bar and try the FAQ's for Sims 3 which does require that you remove your mods. Then, if the problem still persists, post in the correct forum: Game Help for Sims 3. :)

I haven't heard of the sheet music problem, but the stereo problem is well documented. You can hardly throw a stone in the game help forum without hitting a post on it. It is a game bug and it hasn't been solved yet. There are a few work arounds, but they only work a session or two before the music disappears again. It's driving me whack-o too.

DreadWizardDM
21st Jul 2009, 1:57 AM
Dreadwizard, it seems like you may have a game problem(s). This forum is not for that sort of 'help'. I would suggest clicking on the help menu on the navigation bar and try the FAQ's for Sims 3 which does require that you remove your mods. Then, if the problem still persists, post in the correct forum: Game Help for Sims 3. :)

I haven't heard of the sheet music problem, but the stereo problem is well documented. You can hardly throw a stone in the game help forum without hitting a post on it. It is a game bug and it hasn't been solved yet. There are a few work arounds, but they only work a session or two before the music disappears again. It's driving me whack-o too.

Im not too woried about the Stereo at the moment, sooner or later they will have a patch, same for the launcher / downloader for DL off the official site.

Main topic is the sheet music and that goofy song I cannot learn for some odd reason.. was just curious if anyone else was having the problem, figure if it is a game bug the next patch will fix it. But I was curious if I was just missing something in my gameplay *confused*

catshirlann
30th Jul 2009, 6:32 AM
I'm unhappy for I've the very same problem---my sim can't learn the sheet music songs because of no interactions available. I've been searching and trying all I can think of---I really wish there was a workaround for this sheet music bug. I only have found people with the same sheet music bug,but no solution.

edejan
30th Jul 2009, 6:38 AM
Most of my sims have been in the music career, rock star line and I've had this same problem over and over. What I believe the problem is - you must learn the song when it is awarded. If you skip the song and learn the next one in line, you can't go back and that song cannot be learned. I don't know if that's an official fact, but it is my experience over and over. It's best to constantly check at the book store so you don't miss a new set of sheet music.