View Full Version : Colin Morgan as Merlin
19th Jan 2012, 01:38 PM
Yes I'm back again, with Cobain on hold. He was rejected with only a few tweaks necessary. He may eventually see the light of day again, but thanks to Malfoya, I had to desire to make a Merlin sim. I think Colin Morgan is rather attractive, and I love his unconventional looks.
I found a more appropriate hair for him, but I downloaded it while my game was up, so we'll have to wait till I update next to see if it's any good.
Pictures! The front comparison has a small splice from another picture to better show his nose.
My trouble areas have been his lips and nose. That damn profile! Damnit damnit damnit! His jaw was originally longer, but I thought it made his face look TOO long, even though.. well, it is long. Blargh, anyway.
19th Jan 2012, 02:45 PM
Just quickly, I think that he needs more of an over-bite, the angle under his chin is off, and there's something I can't quite put my finger on regarding his cheek bones. I can't wait to see your progress, he looks great already!
19th Jan 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry about your Cobain sim - I'm still waiting/excited to see him up for download eventually. :)
As for Colin, he has an interesting and very difficult face and you've got a great start.
I think the nostril rotate slider (awt) would help here - also maybe pulling his septum down? Something to make his nostrils appear more flared without looking distorted.
I also think you need to slightly lower his cheekbones.
20th Jan 2012, 01:12 AM
Fixed and tweaked just about everything except his eyes; I think I got them pretty close. The hair I found is closeish. I'll stick with it unless I find something better.
20th Jan 2012, 01:53 AM
From the side view you need to increase the nasal bridge indent and move it down, pull the nose and mouth out a bit, or push the chin back a little. From the front view, I believe the eyes need to be a bit closer together and the outer corners of the eyes come down a little. I agree that the cheekbones should move up some. Great start!
8th Apr 2012, 10:35 AM
Can't believe it's been so long since I looked at any of my sims! Oh well, uni got in the way. Bored and onh break, I revisted my Colin Morgan sim since I thought he was coming along so well. So... new pics!
8th Apr 2012, 11:23 AM
Oh. Nice! I was concidering making him myself, but I never got to it. Had so many other projects I wanted to do before him :)
He is coming out very well btw. Male sims are always hard to make!
- Nose looks distorted. You need to figure out how to remove that weird part under it. Try the nose height slider and then just follow with the eyes and mouth later.
- Mouth is quite spot on. Maybe you can just make the lower lip a little wider. As for the color you can try to add a little lipstick to make them more pink-ish. This standard color looks wrong on most sims. Hehe. You can try this maybe: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=385929
- Eyes are the hardest on this character, but I think you've made them look pretty well. You can lift the outer corners up a bit though. And actually do the same with the inner corners. He looks a little sad now :P As for eyebrows I think they are a little too dominating. I'm not sure what eyebrows you can switch to, but try finding some shorter ones and lighten them up if they are full like these.
- Ears can come out even more :) And you should also make them a little bigger. It looks so different from the side, but I would have just focused on the frontal look when it comes to this.
- The nose is a bit long from the side. Try rotating the nose bridge more instead of making the nose itself longer. It should do the trick I think. Either that or the nose tip :)
8th Apr 2012, 11:52 AM
The nose thing annoys me -__- I can't get rid of it if I want to keep the proportions right. he has a ver long and narrow face, with his nose being very long. If I made it shorter, the distortion would probably go away, but it wouldn't match Colin's proportions.
The eyebrows are a problem too. The ones I'm using are from the base game I think. I don't like using lots of CC, so I thought I could get away with it. The only problem with them is how close together in the middle they are.
I was going to make his lips pinker at the end, glad someone else thought so too! :)
8th Apr 2012, 12:26 PM
I don't have a solution to it, but I know a lot of people have had the same problem and fixed it in the end :)
The eyebrow problem I have myself with my Blair Waldorf sim. Her eyes had to come very close so it was a bit annoying, but I guess you'll just have to find the eyebrows that has the most suitable shape. I think you should concider some CC is it will make the sim even better :)
8th Apr 2012, 03:07 PM
I would definitely consider other eyebrows, ones that are further apart, as the IRL eyebrows are very spaced apart making him look innocent.
He looked the best in post #1.
His ears need to be bigger.
Lower lip needs to be wider and turn his mouth corners up a tad.
He is off to a great start.
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.