View Full Version : Can Sims Move to Another Town?
5th Apr 2012, 12:08 PM
1. How do you do (if you can)
2. If I move a couple will they still be engaged?
I'm sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find it :rolleyes: But I'm not great at working my way round the help section yet
5th Apr 2012, 12:28 PM
Here it is :
Edit : Actually I just noticed it's for TS2, I will keep searching but if someone comes first is welcome
5th Apr 2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks, I thought it would be somewhere :D .
5th Apr 2012, 1:23 PM
So is it for Sims 3? In that case go into the edit town mode and click on their lot and there will be an option to pack them (an arrow and a box IIRC). Choose if you pack them with/without the lot and voila, you're set, their copy is in the family bin. The sims that are packed together keep their ongoing relation. In the new town just go in the family bin and retrieve your 'pack' to move them in the lot you want. They will still be married or whatever.
1) If you want to bring, say a close friend/relative you'll have to move him in the family to pack him with them.
2) Do NOT pack them with their lot if they live in an apartment, move them to another lot first. When I tried that it glitched.
3) They'll keep everything stored in their personal inventory, can't remember if the family inventory was saved too though.
4) You can use that way to make copies of your favorite families, the copies will stay forever in the bin. It's also convenient to pack a family at specific key times, like when all the kids are small for example, to make different outcomes.
5th Apr 2012, 1:32 PM
Twallan's Traveler (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler) can let your sim travel to other town and you can treat other town as vacation or not, and you can change your hometown
and your relationships will stay, lets say you have friends from sunset valley and you want to move to starlight shores, when you move to starlight shores your friends from sunset valley would still be your friends.
5th Apr 2012, 9:20 PM
You can use Twallan's Porter (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter) to move families to other towns. I've used it a few times. Just make sure you read the FAQ (http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter+FAQ) first because it can cause issues if not used correctly.
5th Apr 2012, 10:24 PM
I got them moved! And they both still had their birthday cakes in their inventories :giggler:
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.