Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Single Male Sims (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=347596)

nazcraz11 16th Jun 2009 6:44 PM

Single Male Sims

Hi everyone! I just got the Sims 3 and I have created a female sim. The problem is that she knows about 10 male sims and they are all in relationships! Are there any single male sims in the neighborhood? After like 5, I thought it was funny, but now I am getting worried, lol.

AyaJulia 16th Jun 2009 6:49 PM

I'm having this problem as well. I know of about 3 per neighborhood, and if you don't snap them up quickly, some npc sim sometimes will. It's to the point where meeting one of them is my first priority when I start a game. It's not very fun. But, it's the only thing I'm really unhappy with.

rrdeva 16th Jun 2009 6:49 PM

My first sim married Christopher Steele. He was still single in my game. Love him he made beautiful son and had a nice house for my sim to move into. I am now raising his grandchildren.

CleoTheMuse 16th Jun 2009 7:33 PM

My Sims met a single, male, doctor in Riverview. I believe his last name is Williams?

She met him outside the Bistro.

freelancergal 16th Jun 2009 8:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
My Sims met a single, male, doctor in Riverview. I believe his last name is Williams?

She met him outside the Bistro.

Same here, my sim is actually having romantic relationships with the doctor, a rock musician (I forget that sim's name), and Don Lothario - all single. So far no jealousy has surfaced, even though two of them attended the same party at my sim's house. Maybe because I've been pretty controlling when it comes to their interactions...

Now she's ready to dump them all and start a relationship with a sim I created, so I'm having her refuse all their calls. It's going to be fun to see how this plays out and how long it takes for the "Romantic Interest" status to go away. Maybe she'll need to pick some fights? ;O)

blondynka 16th Jun 2009 8:14 PM

The Frio siblings are single in Sunset Valley. So is that Cyclon Sword character. Has anyone successfully broken up a happy marriage yet? All married sims I try to flirt with strongly reject my advances....

Ammie 16th Jun 2009 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blondynka

The Frio siblings are single in Sunset Valley. So is that Cyclon Sword character. Has anyone successfully broken up a happy marriage yet? All married sims I try to flirt with strongly reject my advances....

I did. A sim I created became romantically interested with Gunther Goth. She told him to break up with Cornelia Goth and he willingly said yes and now they're happily married :p

Snowpelt 16th Jun 2009 8:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ammie
I did. A sim I created became romantically interested with Gunther Goth. She told him to break up with Cornelia Goth and he willingly said yes and now they're happily married :p

Same here. xD
They were married for a few sim-weeks, then Gunther starved.
I need to remember to buy groceries more often. xD
And then I brought Gunther back and now they've got little ghost-babies =D

inabisim 16th Jun 2009 8:57 PM

I was having this problem when I first started. NONE of the guys I was meeting were single..and the 2 (literally) that she met were literally evil jerks. Oddly enough, as I played her, more single male sims appeared. Weird thing is, one of them "lives" in the theatre, as I followed him one day and he went into the theatre and never came back out . Now that she's almost an adult she has 2 love interests and there's a bunch more sim guys. Not sure how this all works but I think the more you play the more guys show up.

alyria80 16th Jun 2009 9:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blondynka

My gold digger has broken up 4 happy marriages. All you have to do is get the friendship really high before you start flirting. Seems like if their relationship with you is higher than with their spouse, they'll cheat. Sometimes though it's not that they are married, it's that they have something negative effecting their mood. Like one guy I couldn't get in bed for NOTHING, and so finally I moved him in to see why he was so grumpy. Turns out he was a workaholic that hadn't gotten a promotion in awhile so that was negatively effecting his mood.

As for finding singles. The first thing I did when I started the neighborhood I intend to play in the long term was go to the sims exchange and I downloaded 3 hot guys and 3 hot girls and I made them a family in my town. Of course they moved out of town by the second day... But then I got Pescado's mod working and I have a pool of people to choose from at least for one generation. And the ones I don't date will make babies and maybe bring some hotness into the town.

I swear I'm not really this shallow...