Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Half walls. Increase trait slots. (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427844)

Jussterr 11th Dec 2010 7:37 AM

Half walls. Increase trait slots.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. I know that back in Sims 2 you could build gazebo type things out in your garden using a foundation, columns and a roof. It's been years since I played Sims 2 but someone was telling me that with the inclusion of half walls in the recent patch it's now possible to make these types of buildings again.

Just to clarify I attached a picture of the type of thing I'd like to build.

Is this possible in Sims 3? I've tried but I can never get a roof up over it.

Also concerning half walls, is it possible to get a toilet/shower etc to stick to it like it would to a full sized wall? I guess I'm a little bit confused about the exact function of a half wall. Seems more like a fence to me.

On another note. With every major expansion/patch we get there are new traits available, I'll go ahead and admit to using master controller/testing cheats and changing my sims' traits up every once in a while but with such an array of traits to choose from who can stand to settle with just 5? Does there happen to be a mod out there which increases trait slots by 1 or 2?

Many thanks for replies!

HystericalParoxysm 11th Dec 2010 12:14 PM

The building stuff is probably best asked in the Create > Sims 3 > Building forum, where builders tend to go to ask and answer questions. I'm almost certain what you want to do is indeed possible with build cheats though.

I believe Awesomemod lets you add additional traits, but you have to do it using the cheat console - IIRC it doesn't add new trait "slots", just new traits that will be hidden.

matrix54 11th Dec 2010 12:30 PM

1. Building the gazebo above requires a frieze. Use the cheat "placefriezes on", select a foundation and it will be usable. But, you have to turn if off to use foundations normally, or pools and basements. Once you place them the way you want, you can build a roof over them. Many of the homes in Twinbrook have a frieze on them.

2. To have a toilet slick to a half wall, use the "moveobjects on" cheat.

3. Like above, you'll need awesome mode to have more traits. There may also be a patch around here somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Hope I helped.

Shimrod101 11th Dec 2010 1:10 PM

If you already have the MC you can add as many traits as you want to your sims. Just use Traits \ Change and mark the new ones, you don't need to delete the old ones. The slots are created when you do this.

J. M. Pescado 11th Dec 2010 1:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I believe Awesomemod lets you add additional traits, but you have to do it using the cheat console - IIRC it doesn't add new trait "slots", just new traits that will be hidden.
No they won't. The new traits will be visible just fine, if you added non-hidden traits.

HystericalParoxysm 11th Dec 2010 1:25 PM

Ah, okay - I knew it let you add traits - it actually adds more "slots" for it then too? Neato... I would've thought that'd require extensive UI modding. But then, I don't use Awesomemod anymore.

Mystical_Elf 11th Dec 2010 4:49 PM

The picture you posted is FROM the sims 3, so yes, it is possible.

Srikandi 12th Dec 2010 10:00 AM

Half walls don't function like regular walls in any sense. They can't support a roof, they can't have doors and windows, and they don't separate rooms. Unlike fences, they can't have gates either. The main thing that distinguises them from fences is that they can be covered with wall coverings, like regular walls.

However, that is irrelevant to building a gazebo, where the roof is supported by columns anyway. You've always been able to build a gazebo in TS3, nothing new there.

Possibly what you're mistaking for a half-wall in the pic you included is the frieze. A frieze is a foundation-like object that can be added between a floor and a roof, to add some height to the roof. This feature was added with Ambitions (and its patch). They can be placed using the cheat "placefriezes on" and then the foundation tool. Many of the houses in Twinbrook have friezes.