Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 Help (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551)
-   -   Consignment Store register stopped working (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=406186)

Srikandi 7th Jun 2010 6:33 AM

Consignment Store register stopped working

In the middle of my current game, suddenly the menu for the Consignment Store cash register stopped coming up. I still get the "buy" interaction, both on the clerk and the register, but the menu never appears. I'd used the store a couple of sim days earlier, successfully.

Somewhere in there I'd installed Twallan's supercomputer, but removing that mod and clearing the caches didn't fix the store in that game. I'll check and see if it works in a fresh game, but in the meantime, was wondering if anybody else has seen this.

mikey 7th Jun 2010 7:10 AM

Actually, thee have been a few reports of consignment store issues. Though the ones I saw recently, attributed it to recently registering as an Inventor at City Hall. Which seems to also point to Twallan's SuperComputer where I believe that option derives.

I had a sim learn all the items to invent and kept checking the store for issues. To date, I dont have any. I also recently (today) installed the updated SuperComputer and registered as an Inventor, but still dont have any issues with the register.

I can't prove or disprove it is caused by custom content or a bug.

treeag 7th Jun 2010 2:58 PM

I had that problem too, then I restarted the game and it fixed itself. I also have supercomputer, but I chalked it up to Awesomemod being unstable.

Srikandi 8th Jun 2010 2:31 AM

This problem doesn't occur in a new game... for me, just the one with the inventor. And restarting the game doesn't fix it; it seems to be persistent with this one Sim.

Registering as an inventor isn't a Supercomputer thing, it should be in all patched games (with or without Ambitions). Though Supercomputer does add other City Hall interactions.

Hmm, I see other folks are having issues with inventors consigning things too... does seem to be an inventor-related issue.

I'll do some more testing... hope we can work out what this bug is

mikey 8th Jun 2010 5:44 AM

MTS2 Staff Reply

In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:

Reading the The Sims 3 Ambitions GLITCH THREAD I found ~SimGuruLily~ make this statement, "Can’t sell Invention items to the consignment store for career progress. We are aware of this issue and are checking it out. For now please sell your items the old –fashioned way through the Sell box in the inventory or in Build/Buy mode."

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Srikandi 8th Jun 2010 8:37 AM

Thanks, Werismyki, but that's really a separate problem, I think That's the issue where selling invention items at the consignment store doesn't progress you in the Invention self-employed career... which is the case whether or not your Consignment Store cash register happens to be broken.

The inability of inventors to sell anything at ALL at the consignment store... after a certain point in the game... is independent of that. And, btw, I've recently discovered that it affects the inventor's whole household, not just the inventor Otherwise I coulda given stuff to a family member to sell. As it is, my inventor's sculptor girlfriend can't sell her sculptures at the consignment store either.

crinrict 8th Jun 2010 7:30 PM

@Srikandi: This bug was also acknowledge by the gurus in that thread. So they are supportingly looking into it. Definitely is a bug and does not seem to have anything to do with a particular Sim.

Srikandi 9th Jun 2010 3:02 AM

Aaaaand I've now become aware of a fix, thanks to Ydrill and Kweri, independently. Cancel your consignments manually. Here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405471

Sorry to spam this in three threads btw, but I want to make sure everybody who has the bug sees the solution