Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Harvester Issues (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=413107)

DownWind 22nd Jul 2010 4:33 AM

Harvester Issues

Is anyone having their Harvester act up? The object itself works fine, but after a first use, a few issues pop up. Firstly, I noticed that I can't send my sims who have used the harvester recently into the pool. They'll just stand there with a route-fail. Secondly, it ruins my affected sim's car options. After using the harvester, the affected sim will opt for the taxi, ignoring the car in their inventory and sometimes the car in the garage. Thirdly, the harvester becomes an item that doesn't function properly in a sim's inventory; it can't be dragged. It can only be used. And finally, it duplicates itself and somewhat fixes itself during the magical sim-world-reset-time. But fake magical duplicates are annoying.

Has this happened to anyone else (and/or) can anyone replicate this? While this certainly isn't a big issue, I do enjoy using it on harvesting plants. I run the AwesomeMod and other mods that I do believe have any effect on the actual function of the Harvester, so I'm thinking it's a EAxis issue.

(And I apologize if this is in the wrong section.)

insanly_poor 26th Nov 2010 3:21 PM

hm.... that explains why my sim always opt for a taxi. i even bought her a bicycle and she STILL took a taxi..............

don't have the duplicating or non working problem, just the taxi

KookieM 28th Nov 2010 4:06 PM

I have the same problems. My eco-friendly sim is no longer using her bike but taking the taxi everywhere after inventing the harvester. The harvester can't be moved in the inventory. I don't know about the pool and it hasn't duplicated yet. I don't have AwesomeMod or any other big mod. So you're not the only one.

CandorP 23rd Jan 2011 7:52 PM

The Same Issue

After looking for others with problems with this issue I can attest that it does have bugs. I have seen it prevent me from going skinny dipping, but not from swimming. I also think that it takes WAY too much time to harvest. It takes 4 hours and 3 tries to harvest my garden. I can do it manually in just under 9 hours

I am using Twallan's Debug enabler to force a reset on the harvester which makes it able to remove from your inventory.

For now, I am not using it anymore. Makes no sense and too many bugs.

Cyberrocket 15th Jun 2011 11:53 AM

I just found this topic and decided to reply. I got generations and all other expansions clean installed and updated to their newest versions and used it without installing any mods or customizations. Anyway the harvester has bugs. I bought the harvester with my Sim at the consignment store of my Sims town. After the first use my Sim puts
it back into inventory saying me, that there are no any further items to harvest in the area. After the first use the harvester in inventory cannot be sold anymore. It becomes
not clickable and you can't put the harvester out of the inventory anymore.
1) The "play guitar"-animation is broken and merged with the harvester animation. The guitar hangs just in the air and is rotating around my Sim while my Sim plays on it.
2) My Sim won't enter a pool or elevator afterwards and the route will always fail. The Sim complains about the path even if there is all empty on the lot.
3) The Sim begins to take always a TAXI ride - no use of bicycles, no use of cars anymore. I tried to rebuy the car and bulldozed / flattened the lot with no result so far.
4) Sound bug: The sound of the harvester continues on the background and won't stop anymore.
Besides of all the Sim vomits permanently and gets dizzy moodlets all the time which wasn't earlier the case when I used the harvester in ambitions.
I like to use the harvester, but now it seems to be history. Something has broken the harvester feature and a fix wasn't provided in all that patches.
Does anyone know how to fix the harvester without reset anything in the game?

Ghost sdoj 16th Jun 2011 7:55 PM

I had a sim with a similar problem. I made him build a lot of harvesters, then go to the consignment shop with them. He was able to sell all of the harvesters, including the one that got stuck. I don't have Generations, though. (Nor the patch yet.)

Don Babilon 17th Jun 2011 2:46 PM

The Harvester has been broken from the very beginning like so many Ambitions features that didn't even make it into bug reports (or have you ever gotten stuff back via mail from the consignment store?).
One stuck Harvester I was able to unstick by using the "Sort Inventory" function of MasterController, the other one by the sell from inventory function of the same mod. Since then I've only made Harvesters in order to sell them.