Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 Help (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Babies, college and poop! (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=64868)

coltxdoom 23rd May 2005 9:07 PM

Babies, college and poop!

Ok, what I did was did the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on Sims 2 University, just like I did for Sims 2. Well, I made a girl pregnant because it was between two girls, not realizing that young adults cannot have babies (all this during college, not to mention finals!!) Now, while she's pregnant, her regular clothes is uh--nakedism..which I think I can solve with making new clothes...

but the problem is, can the babies age after born, or am I forever doomed with crying babies and poopy diapers? And if they stay babies, would they go home with the graduated student or stay...forever....

Can they age at all while at college? Because there are two babies now...and yeah...HELP?!?!

limehead303 23rd May 2005 9:22 PM

if you make your on own dorm you can get a changing table and bed

coltxdoom 23rd May 2005 9:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by limehead303
if you make your on own dorm you can get a changing table and bed

I have my own bed and changing table, they're at the dorm...the one with random townies being there too...so will the baby age, because I can't do it with cheats!

ModernChemistry 23rd May 2005 9:24 PM

The baby should age and I think, NOT SURE, but if you leave the college, "find your own place" or graduate, a screen will come up that asks, who do you want to move out with you? Then pick your baby. Just make sure you have aging on. I hope this helps

coltxdoom 23rd May 2005 9:27 PM

Thank you!! How do you know if the aging thing is on?

warmonger 23rd May 2005 9:29 PM

No, so long as the babies are on campus, they will not age. I think it has something to do with the way aging is programed in University which focuses on semesters and not days. If you have SimPE, you can look at some of the young adults that are townies on campus and you will notice that there major is set at "Unset" and their age group is adult, not young adult. You can set them a major or set it to "undeclared" and then they will be a true young adult in the game. Just to play around with this, I used Merola's Mind Control Mirror to tke control of some "Townie" young adults which I had set Major's for with SimPE. I was able to send them to class, and in one case, even graduated a townie and had them move to the neighborhood. Unfortunately, this was one of the NPC's, a mascot, and this sim some bizzarre things in Pleasantview, such as just walking uninvited into another sims home in their mascot uniform just as they do in University. At any rate, taking control of a "townie" sim like this in University that has their major as "unset" and show up as adults, don't age at all.

I have had some of my university students get married and have children while in college. The babies do not age, nor do they move out with the parents when they graduate. You have to be very careful of how you do this or your sims will lose their baby. One thing I do just to keep the time line in sync with the parents is to force the child to grow up using InSiminator. Then, when the parents graduate, I make sure that their is another controlable sim in that house or dorm so as not to risk losing that baby when the parents move back to the neighborhood. I have never tried moving students back to the neighborhood without doing this so I don't know what the result would be. I just didn't want to risk losing the baby or toddler. Once I had the sims in the neighborhood and settled into a house, I would then use InSiminators summoner feature to summon the child to the house and then used the family tree feature to make it a part of the household. Once this is done, the child resumes its normal aging process. I've never had a problem doing it this way. All my sim kids that were born at university have turned out pretty normal.

TxSunSet 23rd May 2005 9:29 PM

I tried the same thing with my sims...the baby was left behind when his mother graduated...I had to let the social worker come and get the baby then have his mother adopt him back when she got a house in the neighborhood.

coltxdoom 23rd May 2005 9:32 PM

Wow..that's crazy! Would I just type in the cheat box InSiminator to activate it, or what? what about the insiminators summoner? Could I possibly just make the kid grow up enough to be college students if I really wanted to?

limehead303 23rd May 2005 9:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by coltxdoom
I have my own bed and changing table, they're at the dorm...the one with random townies being there too...so will the baby age, because I can't do it with cheats!
no i dont think the baby will age

Ancient Sim 23rd May 2005 10:35 PM

I've never bothered with babies at Uni, but I now have a Family Sim who keeps asking to have one and to get married. She's been doing this ever since I moved her from her own place to a dorm. I've just moved her out again to her own place, so I may try getting her pregnant. She's on the verge of becoming romantically-involved with a professor, although making him the father could cause even more problems. The only other 'unattached' male best friend she has is a townie, which doesn't help much more either.

Not sure really why she is asking to have a baby, perhaps it's the result of a hack or something, or because she's a Family Sim. Never seen it before with YA's.

daysies 23rd May 2005 10:56 PM

There is no aging while in University. Young Adult is the only life stage while in University that's why the aging on cheat does not work.

Also Young Adults are not meant to have kids... so if you made one using a hack, the code might get warped. So per the other comments in this thread, you'll probably lose the child to the Social Worker.

coltxdoom 24th May 2005 4:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by warmonger
No, so long as the babies are on campus, they will not age. I think it has something to do with the way aging is programed in University which focuses on semesters and not days. If you have SimPE, you can look at some of the young adults that are townies on campus and you will notice that there major is set at "Unset" and their age group is adult, not young adult. You can set them a major or set it to "undeclared" and then they will be a true young adult in the game. Just to play around with this, I used Merola's Mind Control Mirror to tke control of some "Townie" young adults which I had set Major's for with SimPE. I was able to send them to class, and in one case, even graduated a townie and had them move to the neighborhood. Unfortunately, this was one of the NPC's, a mascot, and this sim some bizzarre things in Pleasantview, such as just walking uninvited into another sims home in their mascot uniform just as they do in University. At any rate, taking control of a "townie" sim like this in University that has their major as "unset" and show up as adults, don't age at all.

I have had some of my university students get married and have children while in college. The babies do not age, nor do they move out with the parents when they graduate. You have to be very careful of how you do this or your sims will lose their baby. One thing I do just to keep the time line in sync with the parents is to force the child to grow up using InSiminator. Then, when the parents graduate, I make sure that their is another controlable sim in that house or dorm so as not to risk losing that baby when the parents move back to the neighborhood. I have never tried moving students back to the neighborhood without doing this so I don't know what the result would be. I just didn't want to risk losing the baby or toddler. Once I had the sims in the neighborhood and settled into a house, I would then use InSiminators summoner feature to summon the child to the house and then used the family tree feature to make it a part of the household. Once this is done, the child resumes its normal aging process. I've never had a problem doing it this way. All my sim kids that were born at university have turned out pretty normal.

Hey thanks so much for the advise! It worked so far, exept now that she's back in the neighborhood, I can't seem to summon the in Siminator that she needs to summon the kid. Egh..help?

daysies 24th May 2005 4:20 AM

I totally blew over warmonger's post. Sorry about that. Great tips and tricks, warmonger.

warmonger 24th May 2005 4:25 AM

Have you tried clicking on the floor to get the pop-up menu? You have to "Spawn" the summoner this way. I guess there are those out there that don't seem to know about this feature. The best features of the InSiminator have to be spawned.

Purplepaws 24th May 2005 4:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by coltxdoom
Wow..that's crazy! Would I just type in the cheat box InSiminator to activate it, or what? what about the insiminators summoner? Could I possibly just make the kid grow up enough to be college students if I really wanted to?

The InSIMinator isn't a cheat per-se, but a hack you need to download. If you look to the left of the MTS2 home page, you'll see the link to the site you need.

Sorry if you already know this, but no one else was stating this important peice of info, and I could see how someone could easily get confused without it.

warmonger 24th May 2005 4:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
Sorry if you already know this, but no one else was stating this important peice of info, and I could see how someone could easily get confused without it.

Oops, sorry, I failed to think of this. Thanks for keeping us in line, Purplepaws.

Purplepaws 24th May 2005 4:40 AM

Lol, no problem.

warmonger 24th May 2005 5:01 AM

Here is something else of interest. Mind you, I am big on experimenting with different situations using the different hacks and mods, so I do some pretty crazy things. Anyway, I had one of my sims that lived in a dorm try to get a teenager from the neighborhood to move in. Well, it wasn't working. I would get the "move-in" interaction, but when I clicked on it, nothing happened. So, I forced the situation by making this teen sim a part of the household and that worked. That sim became a dorm resident and one of the "townie" sims even moved out to make room. I had no intention of having this teen attend college, I only wanted them to live there and see if it was possible. The next time I went into that dorm, I found my teen was no longer a teen, but a young adult. The game had automatically aged her as if I had sent her to college.

So, if a sim has a baby while on campus, you could conceivably age transition that baby to a teenager using InSiminator and have them just become a college student. I don't know why you would want to do this, but I think I am going to try it just see what happens. I'll let you know how it turns out.

warmonger 24th May 2005 5:57 AM

OK, i did my little experiment and it worked. I impregnated one of my female students by summoning some poor unsuspecting schmuck and then using the reproductive mod. I accelerated pregnancy, she gave birth, then used the temporal mod to age transition to a teen. This was the result. On the right is the mother, a junior in college, and to the left, her teenage daughter.

http://www.msnusers.com/Wardminator...Photo&PhotoID=5

At this point, I saved the game, exited to the campus (neighborhood) screen. Then I went back into the house. This is what I found.

http://www.msnusers.com/Wardminator...Photo&PhotoID=6

A college freshman with an undeclared major. Her lifestage is the same as her mother's.

Edited: Ok, I am an idiot. The pics I tried to post were actually stored on a secure website. I could see them in the browser, but I don't think anyone else could. These links should allow you to view the images.

kiranerys2000 25th May 2005 11:49 AM

i tried getting a female sim pregnant while at uni and she had the baby and i aged it to a toddler, before she graduated. she left and the toddler was left alone. i saved the game.

i moved the graduate into a lot in the neighbourhood and used the tombstone of life and death to add the toddler to the family. worked perfectly!

coltxdoom 25th May 2005 4:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by warmonger
OK, i did my little experiment and it worked. I impregnated one of my female students by summoning some poor unsuspecting schmuck and then using the reproductive mod. I accelerated pregnancy, she gave birth, then used the temporal mod to age transition to a teen. This was the result. On the right is the mother, a junior in college, and to the left, her teenage daughter.

http://www.msnusers.com/Wardminator...Photo&PhotoID=5

At this point, I saved the game, exited to the campus (neighborhood) screen. Then I went back into the house. This is what I found.

http://www.msnusers.com/Wardminator...Photo&PhotoID=6

A college freshman with an undeclared major. Her lifestage is the same as her mother's.

Edited: Ok, I am an idiot. The pics I tried to post were actually stored on a secure website. I could see them in the browser, but I don't think anyone else could. These links should allow you to view the images.

Hey thanks for all the info, that is pretty awesome stuff! Keep experimenting, man! Thanks for the help! ^_^;

EVERYONE, thanks for the help! <3