Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Site News (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Monthly theme of January - Elders! (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=465061)

armiel 1st Jan 2012 2:32 PM

Monthly theme of January - Elders!

Hello and Happy New year!

Thank you for participating on the Themes-poll. We have our six new themes!

Men, Elders, Rock & Roll, Great Depression, Vacation, and Careers & Office. The first one for January is...

Elders!
Time to take care of those who once took care of us. The elders need your help!

How to take part?
Make an Elders-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-Elders"
  • "Elders"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?
The Elders-theme starts today, January 1st 2012 - and ends February 29th 2012.

Have fun with the new theme!

We also had some really nice uploads on the last themes. Here are few examples, check them out!

ImageCreatorDownload link
monca533The Moroccan Set - Theme-Multicultural
Victor_torAll about GREEK
triciamanlyMi Casa es Su Casa

leefish 1st Jan 2012 2:33 PM

Elders made it (YAAAAYYY). Now I have to think of something to make.....

Jonbuddy1 1st Jan 2012 4:07 PM

Cool! Elders! And some of the themes I really wanted got on too! :D

Now, I need to start making something Elder-styled....probably a lot or a sim....or both.

The Regal Sim 1st Jan 2012 8:48 PM

Well this isn't so bad. Elders do need clothes. Its better than the car and mechanics idea XD

3 cheer's for old people! hip hip hooray! LOL

Hmm elders..... Maybe i can find a 500 year old woman that's still living, lets consider her an elder and re-name this historical month

CatOfEvilGenius 1st Jan 2012 10:05 PM

YEEEEEES! I even have an entry for this! I might actually participate in a theme for once. :D

RomerJon17 1st Jan 2012 10:20 PM

I like elders anyway =D
I like the past =D

Mostly the 70s, 80s and the 90s =)

Karen Lorraine 1st Jan 2012 10:56 PM

I have something in the pipeline already - yay, my first theme entry!

CatOfEvilGenius 2nd Jan 2012 7:08 AM

One entry per theme, or multiple entries allowed?

leefish 2nd Jan 2012 7:18 AM

You can enter as many times as you like.

CatOfEvilGenius 2nd Jan 2012 7:23 AM

Thanks, leefish, I explode with joy! If only I had tons of time to make lots of entries. I think I'll get two in.

mepwn12 2nd Jan 2012 8:16 AM

Yay, now let's think of something to make XD

jikan1 3rd Jan 2012 11:29 PM

Honestly I think we need more baby stuff. Like a pacifier. Clothes were successful for the baby stage, and pacifier were done for toddlers, so why not babies?

armiel 4th Jan 2012 4:45 AM

Babies were not suggested on the suggestion thread, so they could not be a part of the vote and thus could not become a possible theme. Plus we just had a childhood theme.

coltraz 4th Jan 2012 4:55 AM

So you can make something Elder Scrolls related? Fus ro dah?

Amylet 4th Jan 2012 9:14 PM

Yeees! Elders!
I need to create something for this theme!

EleanorElephante 5th Jan 2012 12:30 AM

Yay!

Elders won! :D

Jezabel Wrote 6th Jan 2012 8:03 PM

This theme is so awesome it is not true. I hope I can contribute with something, a sim, possibly a lot, too.

porkypine 7th Jan 2012 7:07 PM

I would be nice to see some nice clothing that looks good and doesn't have all the elders all hunched over. :0)

CatOfEvilGenius 7th Jan 2012 11:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
I would be nice to see some nice clothing that looks good and doesn't have all the elders all hunched over. :0)

To get rid of the hunching, I think we'd need to default replace much of the elder animations. We can definitely update those Maxis meshes and textures! Why don't you make some stuff, porkypine? You make nice things.

M3g7e 8th Jan 2012 3:02 AM

We need more hairstyles for elders that are not grey/silver ... the young elders are not ready for the rocking chair just yet.

lama_in_pjama 8th Jan 2012 2:26 PM

What we really need is to be able to have 'fit elders'... so they have to keep in shape at the gym, to avoid getting grey hair and a hunched back... and if they don't... well, say hello to the rocking chair, grandma...

zhyzathn 8th Jan 2012 3:02 PM

I hope someone does some Medieval clothes for the elders.
I have a roadless, medeival world that I'm working on - people run or ride horses everywhere - and the clothing for Elders and toddlers is just sad. No choices.
Of course, it's about as bad with any age but for Elders and toddlers, it's just dismal. I have almost the same thing on all of the Sims, recolored so it's not all exactly the same... but like Elder males... they need proper shirts, undergarments, etc. and making due with what I've been able to find is sad.
I wish I knew how to make them or enable what I do have for other ages and categories, I could live with that....

CatOfEvilGenius 8th Jan 2012 6:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by zhyzathn
I wish I knew how to make them or enable what I do have for other ages and categories, I could live with that....

Helpful MTS tutorials are helpful! Try making stuff, it's fun.

jaiadoresims 8th Jan 2012 8:36 PM

I'm excited! My elders need stuff... badly xD

zhyzathn 9th Jan 2012 11:58 AM

Even with tutorials...the mess I made trying to work in CAW....
*shakes head*

I don't have that kind of mind, I'm afraid...
Spatial thinking...dimensional thinking....math...I'm just not programmed for it.
At my age, one comes to accept some hard truths about one's self - and that's just one of my truths. lol