Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   So my sim learned to do the "Watery Grave" trick. (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=471291)

AdamantEve 12th Mar 2012 8:21 PM

So my sim learned to do the "Watery Grave" trick.

And he died the very first time he tried.

That is so unfair. Even resurrected as a ghost he lost all his job progress (He started at level 3 when he re-applied, though, which I assume is because of his hidden magic skill?). He lost his genie lamp, his collection helper...

Can Singers and Acrobats also die suddenly from doing their stuff? I want to be prepared for the chance of death. I figured that if my sim "could now do" the trick, that meant he could DO the trick...not that he'd friggin drown the first time! >

On the plus side, he DOES look awesome now, even though a levitating ghost or a ghost made of water not drowning...aren't very impressive.

ani_ 12th Mar 2012 8:41 PM

That looks cool. I like how he doesn't have legs in the shot where he is in the watery box.

AdamantEve 12th Mar 2012 8:45 PM

Ghosts never have any appearance when they're in water, because the shaders used are incompatible. They're also invisible through the glass shower. It makes it look like he's melding into the water.

cameranutz2 12th Mar 2012 9:10 PM

Mine died trying the "buried alive" trick! Got buried in cement, looked pretty cool but I was not a happy camper, took forever to get that sim at her current level!

I had just saved before trying so I closed and skipped that trick when I logged back in!

crocobaura 12th Mar 2012 9:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
Mine died trying the "buried alive" trick! Got buried in cement, looked pretty cool but I was not a happy camper, took forever to get that sim at her current level!

That's such a mafia style death. Can we keep the cement things as decorations?

applefeather2 12th Mar 2012 11:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Erm... could that be, possibly, EA humour? *cough*.

cameranutz2 13th Mar 2012 2:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Nope, its trapped inside the glass box thingiemajig and was gone once the reaper claimed her...but it would be kinda cool.

Zokugai 13th Mar 2012 3:35 AM

Nope, its trapped inside the glass box thingiemajig and was gone once the reaper claimed her...but it would be kinda cool.

It's got to be an item somewhere. I bet it could be unlocked in the code. That'd be neat.

More on topic, BRB MUST MAKE MAGICIAN GHOST NOW.

cameranutz2 13th Mar 2012 3:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
...BRB MUST MAKE MAGICIAN GHOST NOW.

LOL...I imagine it can be unlocked. Let us know the colour when ya get done killing it off. The one I had was clear, no color to speak of, except black which may well have been the outfit, I dunno for sure, it happened so fast and I wasn't expecting it.

AdamantEve 13th Mar 2012 4:07 AM

It looks like the main block is a default item, but it's got a sculpture-ified sim intersecting it. So if you find the item, you could have your sim do a dramatic pose, use the cheat to Sculpturify them (creates a sculpture where they are standing of their current pose!) and then place the two in the same spot!

Zokugai 13th Mar 2012 6:36 AM

LOL...I imagine it can be unlocked. Let us know the colour when ya get done killing it off. The one I had was clear, no color to speak of, except black which may well have been the outfit, I dunno for sure, it happened so fast and I wasn't expecting it.

I think that's the new "Magical" death. It's the one that comes from, for instance, the swords trick. EA called it "smoky" colored.

armiel 13th Mar 2012 7:06 AM

Mine died too while performing the watery grave for the first time, and then she just carried on with the show. I was not really paying attention to what she was doing, so you can imagine my amazement when I saw that she had suddenly turned transparent. I mean usually ghosts look like something colorful like in your pic.

Then I grabbed a pic of her continuing the show like nothing happened, quite cool, eh.

Eventually I had to revert back to an earlier save, cause she had been performing at the theatre lot and the show just went on and on and didn't give me a choice to end it. It was suppose to be from 6-9pm or something, but at 5am with the show still going on, I had enough.

ani_ 13th Mar 2012 7:28 AM

That is a really cool looking ghost, maybe that's their curse, to be for eternally stuck doing a show.

applefeather2 13th Mar 2012 8:06 AM

You guys are all doing this on purpose so I'll buy this EP, aren't you? *mutters*