Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   Homegrown Cheese!???? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=345449)

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 10:19 AM

Homegrown Cheese!????

Having thoroughly got into my Sims 3 game I am frustrated with an opportunity I have been set.... I have level 10 cooking and level 10 gardening and I have to submit 10 homegrown cheeses and then I will be awarded with more 'meaty' items to grow in the garden!

Has anyone solved how to HOMEGROW CHEESE????

Thanks peeps

lilmissmanderson 10th Jun 2009 11:06 AM

u can just plant it like a seed when ur gardenings maxed

Arwen0423 10th Jun 2009 11:13 AM

It's just stupid. I thought it cannot be worse than onion and garlic growing on plants. But pls, it's EA, of course it can. Planted cheese, oh gosh T_T

HystericalParoxysm 10th Jun 2009 11:42 AM

It's sim-land. Gardening's a little weird - not only do onions and garlic grow as if they were tomatoes on the vine, but lettuces grow as if they were watermelons.

You can also plant eggs and grow... eggplants.

Arwen0423 10th Jun 2009 12:11 PM

Oh no. OK, sim-land, but then make imaginary plants, like.. that firefruit thingy, that actually has an effect of fire on sims. But eggs, come on. And they say Barbie is ruining childhoods

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 12:23 PM

I like the idea of planting any food in the garden, so if I decide to make a sim that lives totally off the land and doesn't work, he will be able to do that without having to go to the grocery store for his food.

Talamaine 10th Jun 2009 12:47 PM

Bluegenjutsu - That is exactly what my current character is doing I thought I would give it a try.

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 12:49 PM

COOL.... Just plant cheese!!?? WOW!!

and does it work planting ANYTHING!??

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Toria69
COOL.... Just plant cheese!!?? WOW!!

and does it work planting ANYTHING!??

You have to build up your gardening skills level and also do opportunities that come up in order to plant more types of crop in your garden. I haven't got past the ability to plant eggs and cheese to the meat plants stage yet. But I'll probably make a character who's life revolves around only gardening and fishing so that I can get through all the opportunities and skills challenges in the game.

Quote: Originally posted by Talamaine
Bluegenjutsu - That is exactly what my current character is doing I thought I would give it a try.

Every sim I've made so far have been fishing and gardening but it's not all they do so they haven't had time to get as far as they can in the gardening yet. That is why I will soon create a sim that works totally just on getting everything in gardening done that he can, while he's young and not busy with other things.

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 1:00 PM

I have 10 skills in fishing, cooking and gardening and also received 2 of the extra awards for gardening (I can't remember which ones they are now).

I have got life plants, death plants, money plants - I can't wait to get home now and get planting eggs and cheese!

Cheers all

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 1:06 PM

I've gotten the life, death and flame plants since the first sim I created but have yet to find the seed for the money plant.

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 2:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
I've gotten the life, death and flame plants since the first sim I created but have yet to find the seed for the money plant.

I found the seed for the money tree in the gardens at the old folks home - try there, there was many seeds floating about.

Anyone made Ambrosia yet? I'm hopefully going to make that tonight, once I've caught that Death Fish!

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 2:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Toria69
I found the seed for the money tree in the gardens at the old folks home - try there, there was many seeds floating about.

Anyone made Ambrosia yet? I'm hopefully going to make that tonight, once I've caught that Death Fish!

Thanks for the tip! My first couple of created sims I had search over the entire towns of Sunset Valley and Riverview and I had thought they had been everywhere but I guess not.

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 2:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lostaccount
As for the cheese, well I know there is an omni-plant at the back of the science lab and you can grow just about anything on it (hence "omni") with a high enough skill level.

I had the option for the omni plant with my first sim but I didn't know what it did or was about or that it was already a plant that you could use. I thought it was just permission to be able to plant meat or something. Thanks for the tip.

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 2:27 PM

The omni-plant sounds 'different' I will have to do some expolring to find that later.

I have a DEATH PLANT - what does that do? It's died and I revived it, but nothing else seems to be going on with it??

bluegenjutsu 10th Jun 2009 2:58 PM

You keep the death plant in your inventory so that in the event your sim dies, the grim reaper will take your death plant instead of your sim and your sim can live on.

Dissident 10th Jun 2009 3:28 PM

I like the omni plants. Pretty easy to have a few of them going and feed it deathfish

No fishing (after the initial catch of a few). I bought a lot of omni's from the mailbox and keep them in my inventory for whenever I need something grown

StupidityKills 10th Jun 2009 3:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Seriously?! I have to try that! That's the cutest idea

Toria69 10th Jun 2009 3:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dissident
I like the omni plants. Pretty easy to have a few of them going and feed it deathfish

No fishing (after the initial catch of a few). I bought a lot of omni's from the mailbox and keep them in my inventory for whenever I need something grown

What did you mean by 'no fishing'? can you *buy* omni plants through your mailbox then??

Dissident 10th Jun 2009 3:55 PM

Yes. You will be given a chance to buy the seeds directly from the mailbox. I am not sure what the challenge was. I believe it was when I got the pop up from the bistro to deliver x amount of produce and told to come back when I hit level xxx in skill. After that they told me to plant/grow steaks etc and once you get through all the challenges for them they will allow you to order omni seeds from the mailbox. Very handy.

I could have this wrong since I was in a personal challenge when this took place so my brain is a little fried. Hopefully someone will set me straight if I am incorrect in how it was accomplished

Vanito 15th Jul 2009 10:52 AM

i had the popup once, was able the plant some eggs and chesse, now the skill to do that is gone? weird bug. those opportunities arise not often.

Thanatozz 15th Jul 2009 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

In the dutch version, they didn't even look at what it does and named it aubergine. In some places it looks as if they just ran the game through google translations. But what I don't understand is why they made nearly everything plantable except links. What about my hotdog loving sims? Maybe they thought it would give people strange ideas to see them hanging on plants

cloffee 15th Jul 2009 12:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Arwen0423
Oh no. OK, sim-land, but then make imaginary plants, like.. that firefruit thingy, that actually has an effect of fire on sims. But eggs, come on. And they say Barbie is ruining childhoods

The Sims have always been kooky and crazy! That's what people love about them, it's charming. I don't see how a little fun and imagination would ruin childhoods.

If you're looking for realism, The Sims was never a good choice. lol.

amyandmia 26th Aug 2009 11:40 PM

You can plant cheese!? that's soo cool. the only things ive grown are grapes, apples, tomatoes and lettuce

riruchan 28th Aug 2009 1:16 AM

you can unlock the cheese-and-egg planting by completing an opportunity and delivering some "perfect" (or was it "outstanding"?) produce items to the bistro.
if you have enough life points, you can also get the collections helper, which tells you where all the collection items are. I sent my sim out to find all of the seeds, but I still don't have 100% of the planted items... ::sigh:: Ah well, I'll keep trying.