Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   The Sims Freeplay (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=463528)

WooHoo31 14th Dec 2011 4:52 AM

The Sims Freeplay

A new Sims game has been released that's very similar to TS3 for the iPod/iPhone/iPad called The Sims Freeplay. It's actually set in real-time instead of the usual sims clock.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/121/1213261p1.html

So what do you think? Have you guys tried it? It's free in the app store.

Srikandi 14th Dec 2011 5:02 AM

I really, really hate the idea of real time games.

Games are a way to get AWAY from the ticking of the clock :/

But I suppose it's great for folks who don't have ENOUGH deadlines or time pressure in their lives

bl00raspbery 14th Dec 2011 5:46 AM

Has it launched yet? I can't find it on the app store and I searched under "Sims free play" and "Sims". I can't say I'd get super into it or anything, but I'd give it a shot.

zigersimmer 14th Dec 2011 6:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I really, really hate the idea of real time games.

Games are a way to get AWAY from the ticking of the clock :/

But I suppose it's great for folks who don't have ENOUGH deadlines or time pressure in their lives

Yeah, because the clock in Sims 3 does not suck.

Zokugai 14th Dec 2011 6:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Yeah, because the clock in Sims 3 does not suck.

The clock in Sims 3 does not proceed if you are not currently playing the game. So no, in regards to the discussion at hand, the clock in Sims 3 does not suck.

WooHoo31 15th Dec 2011 3:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bl00raspbery
Has it launched yet? I can't find it on the app store and I searched under "Sims free play" and "Sims". I can't say I'd get super into it or anything, but I'd give it a shot.

Yep, it has launched. I already downloaded it but I have to wait till Christmas to get my new iPod to try it out because my old one broke..

Here's the link to the app.

http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/the-...d466965151?mt=8

Robodl95 16th Dec 2011 2:32 AM

I love the game. It's goal oriented so you might hate that but otherwise it's perfect. Sims dont age so they wont die. Its also free! I don't think there is a need to pay for anything because the downloads are sorta cheatish. It's not really a game. Its best for when you have a minute to spare. Not comparable to ts3 but still fun.

ani_ 16th Dec 2011 6:21 AM

I downloaded but I'm still waiting for the free play to start. Either this game will always be, click on goal, do goal, click on new goal, or this is still the tutorial part. Either way, so far not enjoying myself. And I really hope I don't need to create all the Sims into the world. I was hoping I could play this so that I only have one person to control. So far my town is empty, except for my own Sim, and Foxy Cleopatra, who the game told me to create so my Sim could have a neighbour.

~MadameButterfly~ 16th Dec 2011 6:21 AM

The file size is a bit huge for an app...400 mb. Took forever to download to my ipad, but it looks pretty shiny. I'm not sure that I am a goal person, though...I think I'm more of a sandbox person. The game was like...do this...do this...and then do this!! Meanwhile, in real life, my kid was also giving me tasks to do as well. I started to feel a bit bossed around. I'll have to look at it some more later.

Alliteration 16th Dec 2011 2:03 PM

I'll try it out on my iPad when I get home (I forgot to pack it up with me when I left the house this morning). I have the cruddy Sims 3 game for the iPod Touch that I got on sale for $0.99, maybe this one will be better.

ani_ 16th Dec 2011 7:32 PM

I deleted it.

The whole real time thing is not good at all. I had just switched to Foxy's house, because it was one of the objectives, but then my tram was already at my work stop, so I closed the game. Then today, at 19:30, when I was in the tram on my way back home, I turned on the game, and Foxy was in the garden, stinky, hungry, and ready to pass out. The only thing green about her was her bladder. I had her eat a bit, then take a 5 min shower. Well, I didn't anticipate her actually taking a RL 5 minutes to take a shower. That's like half my commute time back to home.

There is nothing casual about this game. I really can't deal with a game where time goes on when I'm not playing, because then when I do have a few minutes to play, all I can do with my Sim is feed, wash, and put to bed. Thankfully I had my book with me so the rest of the trip home went quite nicely.

Just_Tweens 11th Oct 2013 11:10 AM

its really good for a sims mobile game! the sims 3 mobile is not my favorite i don't like it at all it costs 7 bucks and you cant even have babys! the sims 2 mobile looks okay for a keypad mobile game but the sims 3 is not my favorite. but the sims freeplay is great because it has more expansions now and it's more fun then what it started like so maybe you guys who deleted it should give it another chance maybe

ButchSims 11th Oct 2013 9:58 PM

And maybe you should check Post Dates when Necroing a thread that has been looooong dead for awhile.