Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   CAS Parts (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=702)
-   -   Accessing 'hidden' gender morphs (X-Post from S4Studio Help Forum) (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=604742)

newmonster 22nd Dec 2017 5:10 AM

Accessing 'hidden' gender morphs (X-Post from S4Studio Help Forum)

Hi. I have noticed that if one un-checks 'Masculine' with a male Sim, and then checks 'Feminine' in CAS, we are shown many more all-ready available trans-gender-ized clothing options than are available from the CAS cloning option in S4Studio.

To give a specific example (one of several) - the new animal hoodie for females from EP04. In S4Studio it is not available for males, and when cloned with the tags having been changed from FtM, the item still displays breasts. In-game, the item conforms to the male chest, however displays shadowing, as if it had breasts (that is for another topic altogether).

Another example would be the holiday patch Diwali bracelet for females. When cloned & tag-changed in Studio, the items needs to be adjusted in Blender for it to morph appropriately. In-game it looks perfect when going from FtM.

I found in the master list of game XML this tag, which I believe to be what handles the gender body changes: Client_CASModifierPartGenderDmaps

Just in case anyone was wondering...

ANY responses at all will be appreciated! Thank You for reading this.

CmarNYC 23rd Dec 2017 4:33 PM

I found the transgender morph DMaps some time ago, and have used them in previewing meshes. However there's something else going on with the breasts, and I suspect there's a bone morph as well. I've also experimented with the breast/chest sliders which work differently for male frame and female frame but don't remember offhand which type of morph they use.

Could you say where specifically the tag you found is located?

I won't be back to my modding computer for another couple of days but will take another look then to see if I can find the FtM and MtF sim modifiers which (if they exist) should include all the types of morphs.

CmarNYC 4th Feb 2018 11:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for reminding me of this by pm! After some more poking around I think the FtM breasts don't have another modifier, they appear to retain standard female size or close to it. And I've been unable to find SimModifiers for the frames, just the DMaps.

I've attached my MorphMaker tool for you to try out. It's still in development so please report anything that doesn't work. From your pm I think you want to take a female clothing mesh, apply the FtM morph, and save that morphed mesh to work with. To do that:

Go to the Previewer tab
Make sure the gender is set to Female
Select the clothing mesh in the Load Custom Mesh block
Click the Male Frame radio button
If you want to flatten the breasts you can load yfChest_MaleBreastsSmall_Shape.deformermap and yfChest_MaleBreastsSmall_Normals.deformermap in the DMap Morphs block
Click the Save Morphed Custom button: click to save .obj, control-click to save .simgeom, shift-click to save .ms3d

There's some distortion around the breasts in the FtM but it's not bad and hopefully can be fixed in Blender or Milkshape. Let me know if anything doesn't work or if you want to do something else.

newmonster 5th Feb 2018 10:44 AM

Thank You Very Much for Everything!!!! I will try the tool out in combination with S4Studio, and will let you know of the results! You are a SuperStar!

newmonster 7th Feb 2018 12:06 AM

Hi Cmar. I just want to give you an update about all of this and what I am doing with it (so far...). I spent the past couple of days re-installing Sims 3 et al., due to having seen that Peacemaker actually was still (again?) making CC for it, so I thought 'Why not give it another try?'.

A *brief* history of my involvement with the franchise is: I saw the announcement for Sims 4, having ignored the game since I was disappointed with the difference between the generated hype and the reality of Sims 1 (coming from a SimCity playing background), but thought that it *might* be worthwhile to check out... I did, and fell in Love with the game, but soon got somewhat bored by only the BG, so I decided to check out what Sims 3 had to offer, and was blown-away by how much one could do and the whole open world aspect of it. That was, until I had modded myself to death, with ginormous load times, and then made the Very Foolish mistake of merging my downloaded CC mostly at random, making it nearly impossible to remove any errant CC or make any solid changes. I had the (typical I understand) thing with Sims 3 where I could play a household for about 2 Sim weeks, until I started experiencing the horrible time-lag of Sims just standing doing nothing, while the clock still moved ahead... So, I abandoned it completely and returned to Sims 4, as EP01 had come out and there was so much more to do, finally...

Doing what I have done the past couple of days has been Very Enlightening to me, as initially there were so many names of creators (programmers) who were unfamiliar to me when I did my initial Sims 3 glut of CC & mods (fresh from the release of 4)(and myself a CC 'newbie' at that), that now are so familiar to me that I had a Great Time seeing who was who back when, and where they are (or aren't) now. That included you, of course. I had sung praise about your CASTools on the S4Studio forum to a couple of people, much to OM's dismay I am sure...

So, about the new tool - I see with New Eyes all of the immense possibility that it holds for creators, and I expect that soon after you go 'Gold' with it all, I do expect to see more sliders appearing for Sims 4. I realized upon digging around the MM that I actually didn't have any particular item in mind to clone, other than the RW Oracle outfit, so today I went in-game to take a good look at what the Sims 4 team had made cross-gender capable, taking a couple hundred screenshots in CAS in the process. *While I still have yet to actually attempt anything within MM*, I have a better understanding of what I want to tackle, and how I myself will be utilizing it. If one looks at my simblr (@siminimonster), one sees that I am not really into the whole 'pretty pretty' cross-gender bunny thing, but that I do have a certain liking for skirts of a certain kind for my male Sims. Now I see all of the footwear that I MUST have available to me, as well... Even some of the half-length tops are of great interest to me. SO, that now brings me back to MM.

I am embarrassed to ask, but would the best workflow be for me to export an .obj (from a Blender clone of an S4Studio female mesh) for import into MM to apply the morph? I am thinking that would be the case... Please do (when ever you have a moment) to let me know the workflow that you have in mind for the Best Practice. Your interfaces are not completely arcane to me, but there is a huge part of your tools (and others as well) that involves utilizing Milkshape, which is a dark place that I have yet to venture into (it took me a lot of courage to even start learning Blender, and I am no where near having a knowledgeable grasp of it)... I admit a certain sense of pride about my conversion of the Obi dress to male (https://siminimonster.tumblr.com/po...e-sfs-clothing), and also my conversion of the Sims 3 male yukata (which I could not have done without CASTools) (https://siminimonster.tumblr.com/po...k-onedrive-sfs), however that UV_1 is still quite a mess for that item, as when the Sim runs, the very bottom of the mesh 'spaghetti-fies' and looks quite horrible (due to me having copied the UV_1 from another mesh in Blender 2.7). I am quite sure that CASTools could have done a better job at that for me, however that is still an area that I have yet to understand about the tool...

I again Apologize for taking so much of your time with this overly-long message, but I feel that you have gone out of your way for me with this (even if it was in the works anyways...), and wanted to let you know that I am Very Appreciative of (all) your efforts and skill. I *might* even one day get the courage to ask for your assistance with my UV_1 situation with the yukata, but that is for another day... One LAST item of note - I saw when browsing CAS items today that the S4 team themselves could not solve the problem with FtM meshes making most anything 'skirt-like' flare out much more than the original female meshes themselves do... While not a deal-breaker in and of itself, it does make for some wonky conversions... I imagine that you are already aware and familiar with that issue.

Thank You Again,

scott

newmonster 7th Feb 2018 12:46 AM

Sorry to add this, but it is relevant - another unanswered query that I had made int he S4Studio forum was about applying custom body morphs to a CAS item, so that it would look consistent with whatever body replacer one was using (in my case, I originally was a LL default top user, but after one of the patches that made it inoperable, I switched over to the UN one, along with his DR bottom & feet (which are still superior IMHO). That said, I imagine that I would be able to achieve my Dreams of matching morphed-to-UN's DR top mesh shirts etc. with MM... Am I correct in this line of thought? (I miss UN on tumblr, and wish that he could find the inspiration to come back and make more of his amazing CC) To this day, I tell people with whom I chat that they haven;t really lived until they have made a UN Minotaur in a household and watched it do yoga...

CmarNYC 7th Feb 2018 9:00 AM

A lot to respond to here! Let's see what I can do.

MorphMaker preview accepts only TS4 format Simgeom meshes, which unlike .obj has the second uv set necessary for morphing. Workflow for you would probably be something like this:

Create/obtain a package with the mesh you want to work with, either by cloning in Studio or CASTools or using a custom package
Export the mesh as TS4 .simgeom with CASTools. (Or Studio if it has the ability to export simgeom.)
Go to MorphMaker / Previewer tab and import the mesh in the custom block
Switch to Male Frame, apply the small breasts morph if desired (I may add a Male/Female shape converter if useful, it should be easy to do.)
Save the morphed custom mesh
Import the morphed mesh to the package with CASTools or Studio (If changing the CAS Part gender you may have to use the CASTools seam fixer in the Mesh Properties tab but I'm not sure about that.)
Use Studio to export the mesh to Blender and do whatever tweaking is necessary

I'm not sure what you mean by custom body morphs - it's certainly possible with MorphMaker to make custom sliders but incorporating them into the EA slider system is tricky. Custom body presets are a good possibility if you have only a few set body shapes in mind.

I've been poking around with changes to MM and CASTools and not reaching any stopping point plus have been very lazy. Wanted to include pets in MM but that's going to take time so I'll probably release this version with a few tweaks. Unfortunately making custom sliders and presets is damn complicated so I'll have to release tutorials along with the tool.

omegastarr82 13th Feb 2018 11:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
A lot to respond to here! Let's see what I can do.

MorphMaker preview accepts only TS4 format Simgeom meshes, which unlike .obj has the second uv set necessary for morphing. Workflow for you would probably be something like this:

Create/obtain a package with the mesh you want to work with, either by cloning in Studio or CASTools or using a custom package
Export the mesh as TS4 .simgeom with CASTools. (Or Studio if it has the ability to export simgeom.)
Go to MorphMaker / Previewer tab and import the mesh in the custom block
Switch to Male Frame, apply the small breasts morph if desired (I may add a Male/Female shape converter if useful, it should be easy to do.)
Save the morphed custom mesh
Import the morphed mesh to the package with CASTools or Studio (If changing the CAS Part gender you may have to use the CASTools seam fixer in the Mesh Properties tab but I'm not sure about that.)
Use Studio to export the mesh to Blender and do whatever tweaking is necessary

So I'm also looking for gender morphs for clothing. I downloaded and unzipped your morph maker tool but nothing happens, no windows or pop ups. I have your cas tools running fine. Not sure what else to do .

CmarNYC 14th Feb 2018 7:12 PM

Me either, but I'll see what I can figure out.

newmonster 15th Feb 2018 12:39 AM

I am able to open & work with (or start to) the features of the program without problems, myself. I Greatly Appreciate your telling me the workflow! Previously, I had just been staring at the instructions and my exported base .obj's wondering what exactly to do with them! o_0 (In the meantime, I had been gawking at the data sets that this 'small' utility is able to read from the game files, and thinking of the possibilities!) I am going to try to attempt going further, now that I actually have had my head pointed in the right direction!

So, for clarity (and without yet actually trying to make a morph as yet), is the main point of this simply to be able to eliminate the breasts, or does this have broader possibilities with things such as the Spartan sandals for females to be made for males (transferring only the bottom shape for the leg/feet)? It would definitely be Great if there were an 'Auto-Change form to...' with regards to the body shapes themselves. To repeat, I haven't yet actually tried anything, but if I can transfer the relevant parts (only?) of any mesh back & forth that will be So Awesome!

Regarding what I was referring to more with Custom body shapes, is that I am one that is rather attached to UnTraditionalNerd's male body part replacers. In particular, with using his amazing ym Top replacer, if I switch to using a (even BG) ym top CAS item, it of course loses all of the (unclothed) top's form, therefore looking somewhat 'deflated' in comparison. I would Love the ability to make a shape-morph of his top to apply to select top CAS items so that in-game I can have matching shapes consistently across all fashion categories. I am quite sure that for me to have matching feet, I will just need to buckle down and re-mesh some footwear myself, removing the BG foot & toe stumps and replacing the mesh with a clone of his foot. Only for personal use, unless I get the courage to try to contact him (I really miss his presence & creations!) for permission to release such items.