Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Greater Gaming World (Closed) (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=571)
-   -   Roller coaster tycoon (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=337000)

Zzapp16 30th Aug 2007 1:45 AM

Roller coaster tycoon

anyone here play it?

this is the game that got me into sims 2 lol.i was making peeps on rct3 and i was like "i wonder if theres a game where i can actually make people w/ variety" and i found sims lol

Daisie 30th Aug 2007 2:00 AM

I got it for like 25 cents a few years ago, and I couldn't figure it out at all. So I gave up.

Brook_Lynn_Marie 30th Aug 2007 2:02 AM

I hate RT3 I bought it and played it a few times. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and all the expansions are way better and so much more fun and easy to understand and create things. No matter how old the game is I can play for hours even though the graphics aren't high tech I still love it. Even my younger brother loves it he plays it all the time.

Tyler_SC 30th Aug 2007 3:03 AM

Actually, RCT3 was my first 3D PC game, and I loved it. It's a great game once patched, you have to actually know what you're doing though, starting out in the career mode is hard, but to beat all the challenges on the highest level is really cool. It's insane how built up your parks get!

shniveshnive 30th Aug 2007 3:15 AM

I have RCT3 Platinum! ITs super fun , i love making rollercoasters the best!

Annababy 16th Sep 2007 8:42 AM

I like the game, particularly the soaked expansion. The wild life one was kind of a snore, and since installing it, I can't play any scenario where the park is open after dark; the lighting just makes the game lag like crazy.
Also, I've been spoiled by the generally decent Sims community, where I almost always get friendly advice and feedback to my questions and comments; the forums for RCT3 are filled with roller coaster snobs that will flame you to death if a coaster you build isn't absolutely 100% uber-realistic.
I played today, as it happens :-)

treeag 16th Sep 2007 8:59 AM

I have all the series, from RCT1,2&3 along with all expansions I love them

Purplepaws 16th Sep 2007 9:13 AM

The original Rollercoaster Tycoon was my first love in the world of PC games. It was easily the most fun I've ever had on a computer, even including The Sims 2. Although I'd agree that TS2 is a better game in general, I discovered RCT at the age of 11 when everything still seemed magical. I skipped the sequel because of the similarity, but I bought RCT3 the day it came out. Only a month or two after that, I saw a banner ad for The Sims 2, bought it, got hooked, and abandoned the Rollercoaster Tycoon franchise altogether. A couple years ago, I tried playing it again, but I just couldn't get into it. I've been so spoiled with The Sims 2 graphics, that RCT3 seems almost primitive. Someday, though, I might return to the original game. I've always loved pixel graphics.

schitzwa_SC 16th Sep 2007 10:20 AM

Haha like above it was my first pc game and still one of my favourites.. i like rct2 and its ep's...i have rct3 but i hate it...so cartoony..does my head in..

coolsims949 12th Jun 2008 3:07 AM

Yes! That game rocks...I like making the coasters fly off of the track. lol It doesn't kill them; thats why its a little unrealistic. The object of the game though is to manage a park. IT IS SUPER COOL; but it doesn't beat the Sims 2...lol

treeag 12th Jun 2008 3:11 AM

They don't get killed? Mine did... In RCT1, I kept having my park rating dropped because some coasters decided to crash or fly off the track over nothing...

Doddibot 12th Jun 2008 3:11 AM

I still play RT2 on my laptop - it's not powerful enough to play many other games, but that one is fun enough. I used to play the original RT when I was a kid, and the similarities mean I still know how to play RT2.

Never could get into RT3, though I played the demo...by the time it was released there were so many other games to play.

awesomepuppy 12th Jun 2008 4:37 AM

I have RCT2, and RCT3 GOLD and they are fun! I loved gold but I dropped it behind the desk and went to get it, only to find a spider bigger than my giant monkey hands, so I left it till a week ago, (There was a year separation here) and it must have tried to have eaten it because there's a gigantic gash in it

Also, I didn't get one because 2 is basically all of one plus one expansion when you boil it down.

jingxia 12th Jun 2008 11:43 AM

I have (or actually my sister does) both RCT1 and RCT2+EPs.

RCT1 was definitely my favourite. I remember how often our rides got hit by lightning, and then there would be lots of casualties again. It was seriously funny Dx Or the time my sister wanted to move a handyman that wouldn't stop mowing lawns, and accidentally dropped him into the water. xD; Poor guy.

RCT2 annoyed me. It wasn't fun how you couldn't start an empty park (at least, if the option was there, I never found it) and always had to begin with a premade one. u__u; And they were hard to edit, since all the decorative buildings consisted out of separate parts, walls etc, so it was a pain in the ass to delete them. I hated that.

Never played RCT3, but my friend has it, and from the pictures I've seen it looks totally different from the older games. Niiiiice. :B

1306 12th Jun 2008 11:48 AM

RTC3 is AWESOME. Get the EPs--they rock. I love RTC--the first thing that got me hooked before SimCity or The Sims.

TheSimaniac 13th Jun 2008 8:35 AM

Ah yes, good times. I should really start playing again sometime. I've got Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 as well, and for anyone who doesn't know what it is just imagine RollerCoaster Tycoon with sponsorships everywhere (usually six flags).

stariscool 13th Jun 2008 10:20 PM

Rollercoaster tycoon is an amazing game! I've stuck with it throughout the series. First got into the game many years ago, with RCT1 which was amazing at the time! Could waste away for hours building theme parks, and crashing rollercoasters to see how many peeps died. RCT2 was a nice sequel to the game, and the expansion packs added neat rides and stuff. RCT3 I would say is my favourite though, with the 3D graphics, and rideable rollercoasters. Always loved watching a coaster I just built go round on a test run. Something satisfying about it. Don't play as often anymore, since the game takes ages to load save files. I used to make a park from scratch and never return because loading times were just unbearable. I'd say thats the only fault with RCT3. Just wish I'd kept my copy of RCT2.

Petchy 15th Jun 2008 11:46 AM

RCT2 IS MINTTTT! lol

I got into it years ago with my friend. I then saw (an tried to play) RCT3 and I hated it... Just, eurhg.

Recently I bought the "Deluxe Edition" Of RCTycoon2 and am loving it! What other expansions are there? I have 'Wacky Worlds' and 'Time Twister' Is there more? *Eye twitches* :D

joeySimzee 15th Jun 2008 11:51 AM

I have RCT1, 2 and 3! I don't have any expansion packs for RCT3, though. But I've got.. eh what're they called. Wacky Time Twister or something along those lines for RCT2? Yup. But the one that I enjoyed playing the most was RCT1, it was brilliant! I'd spend hours in front of the computer with my dad trying to make money. He loves the game too. RCT3's great, because of the improved graphics and the cameras on the rides etc.

I LOVE RCT :D

aeval99 8th Jul 2008 9:16 PM

I've had all three versions of the game. I prefer the latest iteration and it's expansions packs, mostly because I'm a slave to the pretty graphics. I also like the sandbox play that wasn't available in the first game.

RTC is one of those games that I consider to be on my now playing list, even if I haven't touched it for 6 months.

nichellerj 8th Jul 2008 10:48 PM

I re-installed RCT1 the other day and have been playing off and on. I love it so much... used to be really addicted to it, haha. I have the third but I just don't like it as much as the first.... *shrugs*

afinefrenzy 8th Jul 2008 10:59 PM

I used to play this game CONSTANTLY. I remember the expansions... Loopy Landscaps and Corkscrew Follies.

Do you think it's possible that if I find the discs, I can install them on Windows XP?

grayx3eyedsoul 8th Jul 2008 11:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by afinefrenzy
I used to play this game CONSTANTLY. I remember the expansions... Loopy Landscaps and Corkscrew Follies.

Do you think it's possible that if I find the discs, I can install them on Windows XP?

Pretty sure. My cousin has them on her XP, and me and my lil sis' play them when we get bored at her place.

Ahh- I love that game. So fun!