Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 2

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   how to edit sim after playing (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=364739)

m2_lo 18th Aug 2009 4:22 AM

how to edit sim after playing

hi, how can i edit my sim? i played my sim already but i wanna edit her face and body. Is this possible? thanks. appreciate help.

Sookielee 18th Aug 2009 4:56 AM

Not with out something like Awesome Mod that reactivates the cheat code "editincas". Without something like this you can use lifetime reward point to purchase a body makeover item (alters body size weight/muscle) or a Midlife crisis object (can change traits and LTW).

chaosme 18th Aug 2009 12:31 PM

You can edit the sim, but it won't be the same sim as the one you've played without any mods. You have to go into create a sim and choose one of the premade sims. If you have saved your sim to the bin, the sim will appear in the list of premade sims as a custom content, which you can then select and edit.

Audrey 18th Aug 2009 1:11 PM

You do need awesomemod to edit the sim properly. Open the cheat window Control Shift C and type in editsim jane jones (the exact name of the sim), press enter and you will be in CAS and you can change your sim till your hearts content. When you are done, just click the tick and you will be back in your game in exactly the same pose that you left him or her. It is so easy. You can get awesomemod at More Awesome than You Think site. It is so worth it.

PS It may have changed to editinCAS on the newer post patch version of Awesomemod.

haylz320 18th Aug 2009 1:22 PM

If you don't have the newest patch, Indie Stone will allow you to edit in CAS too.

m2_lo 18th Aug 2009 1:39 PM

hi, yes.. i did not install any patches whatsoever in my game.. my game is still as is from the time i bought it.. So which one will i install? Im kind of confuse now. I tried installing awesomemod but my game doesn't play anymore, it freezes right from the start. Do i have to install something to make it work?? awesomemod Site is kind of confusing..

haylz320 18th Aug 2009 1:43 PM

Awesomemod won't work without the latest patch. Remove it from your 'packages' folder and the game should run properly again. Indie Stone...I'm not too sure. I run my game without the two latest patches and it runs fine, but I'm not sure if you need it to have a few patches before it will run.

Shimrod101 18th Aug 2009 3:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by m2_lo
hi, yes.. i did not install any patches whatsoever in my game.. my game is still as is from the time i bought it.. So which one will i install? Im kind of confuse now. I tried installing awesomemod but my game doesn't play anymore, it freezes right from the start. Do i have to install something to make it work?? awesomemod Site is kind of confusing..

I would suggest you go with the Gabriel core mod (sims3tinkers.com) instead of Awesome, it's smaller and much less intrusive than Awesome. Unless the various extra gameplay features in Awesome interest you. With either one you have to install the 1.4.6 update first.

bloodbunny 20th Jul 2011 2:42 AM

if you type in testingcheatsenabled true and shift click your sim it should give you that option

Srikandi 20th Jul 2011 2:57 AM

Bloodbunny, this thread was started in August 2009... the cheat you mention was introduced in June 2011... it was not available at that time

People, check your thread dates when replying! ><

lynzi86 6th Mar 2012 10:50 PM

For those of you still looking for the answer to editing your sim after it has been made its simple... type in the command testingcheatsenabled true - exactly how I have typed it next click on your your sim and at the same time hold the shift button, this will give you one of the option "edit sim in create a sim" you can also do this to other sims in your family or in your town.

jonathonbarton 29th Dec 2012 7:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Bloodbunny, this thread was started in August 2009... the cheat you mention was introduced in June 2011... it was not available at that time

People, check your thread dates when replying! ><
Necroposting from the precipitous edge of 2013 now...

This is currently the #1 answer on Google for "How to edit your Sims 3 Sims", so I'm VERY glad that Bloodbunny updated from the 2009 info to the 2011 info when it became relevant.

Now it can safely parachute back down the thread list until only Google can find it again. =)

eskie227 29th Dec 2012 9:47 PM

Thank you for assisting Google in mining data from ancient remains.

lucashp 30th Dec 2012 5:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lynzi86
For those of you still looking for the answer to editing your sim after it has been made its simple... type in the command testingcheatsenabled true - exactly how I have typed it next click on your your sim and at the same time hold the shift button, this will give you one of the option "edit sim in create a sim" you can also do this to other sims in your family or in your town.

Do you even lift?

chiakaiyuki 1st Jan 2013 8:18 PM

I would like to change the relationships in my active household, but when I type 'testingcheatsenabled true' then shift click on a sim, it only shows 'edit traits' and 'trigger age transition'.
How can I do this?

sammonsim 1st Jan 2013 8:34 PM

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

a.mykayl 10th Nov 2013 8:06 AM

but the option is not showing ..............

Quote: Originally posted by lynzi86

a.mykayl 10th Nov 2013 8:08 AM

someone help me here please

ViviSims2 10th Nov 2013 8:53 AM

2009 guys! 2009-.-

Tigerdyhr 10th Nov 2013 10:38 AM

Actually, it should show. When you use "testingcheatsenabled on" and shift+click a sim, it should give the option to "Edit in CAS". If that's not showing, I don't know what's wrong.

Just because the thread was started in 2009, doesn't mean the question isn't valid. And the answer quoted is from 2012. I suppose he/she could start an entirely new thread. *shrug*

nikel23 10th Nov 2013 12:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by a.mykayl

Either you didn't enable the cheat, shift+click the Sim, or patch the game beyond Generations.

jenieusa 10th Nov 2013 3:04 PM

or the sim is pregnant or a vampire

Volvenom 10th Nov 2013 8:07 PM

shift+ctrl+click ?

You can use mods for the testingcheatsenabled true cheat as well if you like.

edenra 17th Dec 2013 4:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
or the sim is pregnant or a vampire

THANK YOU !!! I wasn't able to change my new wife's appearance, and she was pregnant indeed.

eskie227 18th Dec 2013 12:20 AM

And thank you, edenra, for resurrecting this once again from the dead, and checking in on the thread a month after the solution to your problem was posted. Must be a helluva long pregnancy if you still can't edit her in CAS, though. Still, all the best to you and your new wife, and new baby, whenever they finally get born.