Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 Help (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   My Sim is STUCK at work! (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=301966)

ForeverForgotten 20th Sep 2008 3:08 AM

My Sim is STUCK at work!

Ok, so my teen sim went to work almost immediately after school, he has his own car, and left a tad bit late. It is now the next day, he missed school, and hasn't come back! It happened to my other teen sim (their twins), and an error popped up, so I pressed reset, and she came back. But the error won't come up for the guy! I have gone to Neighborhood, and back again, and repeated it, and now I have just restarted (the game), but nothing will happen! What the heck do I do??

GeneralOperationsDirector 20th Sep 2008 3:17 AM

1. Select the missing teen in the family panel on the left side of the screen.
2. Type "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" into the debugging console that opens when you press control-shift-C.
3. SHIFT-leftclick on the MAILBOX.
4. Select "Teleport Here".
5. Type "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" into the debugging console.

I hope this helps!

Canoodle 20th Sep 2008 4:25 AM

MTS2 Staff Reply

In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.
***Something is causing your sims to disappear. Once you retrieve your sim, please do the FAQ to find out what is erroring. If you have the error log, you can ATTACH it to your post. Object errors are what we are looking for. ***

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

ForeverForgotten 20th Sep 2008 6:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
1. Select the missing teen in the family panel on the left side of the screen.
2. Type "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" into the debugging console that opens when you press control-shift-C.
3. SHIFT-leftclick on the MAILBOX.
4. Select "Teleport Here".
5. Type "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false" into the debugging console.

I hope this helps!

I tried that, and it did bring him back, but he looked like he was sitting in his car, driving, and he wouldn't move. Now what do I do?

By the way, thanks for the help! I already knew about that cheat, but I didn't think about the "Teleport here" part of it! Very smart! Thanks!

Canoodle 20th Sep 2008 6:48 PM

I would suggest using moveobects on to delete him. Then save the game. When you reenter the house, he will be standing at the mailbox, reset.

GeneralOperationsDirector 20th Sep 2008 6:53 PM

Sorry. Step 4.5: Shift-click on him and choose Force Error, then select Reset from the resulting dialog.

ForeverForgotten 20th Sep 2008 7:07 PM

Thanks! That fixed it!

GeneralOperationsDirector 20th Sep 2008 7:41 PM

You`re welcome!

Just curious: Which fix did you use, my Step 4.5, or Canoodle`s method?

Canoodle 20th Sep 2008 9:40 PM

You still need to go through the FAQ. Is this a custom car?

ForeverForgotten 22nd Sep 2008 12:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
You`re welcome!

Just curious: Which fix did you use, my Step 4.5, or Canoodle`s method?

I used Canoodle's method, but I'm sure yours would work too, it sounds like it.

To Canoodle: No, it wasn't a custom car, it was the sports car from Maxis.