Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Peggy Zone - Peggy sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=412938)

junglewildchild 21st Jul 2010 4:47 AM

Peggy Zone - Peggy sims 2

Are Peggy zone and peggy sims 2 the same thing? Is Peggy zone a trusted site? Sorry for the questions, I have only been downloading for a few months now.
Thanks in advance.

Megshush 21st Jul 2010 7:32 AM

Yes it's the same site. I've never had any problems with it,so I think it's safe,been downloading from there for years.

jodemilo 21st Jul 2010 11:11 AM

I've yet to download stuff from there but from what I've read about them they're a pretty reputable site.

my4monkeys25 21st Jul 2010 1:04 PM

I love her hairs, but the weirdest thing happened the last time I downloaded a few of them. No one in my game could get pregnant! I could get them pregnant via inteen, but not by woohoo! I don't know what happened, but I'm scared to download anymore from there.

Sparklypotato 21st Jul 2010 1:26 PM

Full of gaps, very high prices, very low quality. Stick with people like XMSims and Nouk.

If you really want a Peggy hair, go to the Booty or somewhere like GOS or Rissa Styles that retextures and fixes hairs.

Sango_Uchiha 21st Jul 2010 3:34 PM

Peggy has lots of hair, but the website is very annoying to go through. I have a few of the free hairs, and the textures in my opinion, are pretty bad. Some of the donation stuff is a lot better.

jodemilo 22nd Jul 2010 12:31 AM

Ummm, yeah, as I said above I've yet to download Peggy's hair, but looking at the site, I agree with the previous posters about the quality. So I kind of take my previous comment back (in terms of appeal, at any rate)

Are there any other creators of decent hair around? - actually I was thinking more of Sims 3 than Sims 2, as probably have enough custom content hair in my Sims 2 game.

Sango_Uchiha 22nd Jul 2010 3:39 AM

Actually, I retextured and recolored one of them and it doesn't look too bad. (It was pretty bad before though, it looked like there were streaks of gray in it!)

CleoTheMuse 22nd Jul 2010 7:38 AM

Peggy's borky hairs make my soul hurt.

Clashfan 23rd Jul 2010 2:45 AM

The Peggy hair's I have are all recolor's/retextures by someone else. I really like some of the styles but as others have mentioned downloading directly from that site can be hit or miss. Rissa used to have a site with a huge amount of recolor's but it's been down for awhile now. She seems to be posting on Sironasims though you might want to try there. I've found some really great recolor's at GOS as well, there are both natural and unnatural hairs there.

EDT: Sorry just took a look at that and Sirona Sims just has some photo's and links back to Rissa Styles and that is down.

anothereyjana 23rd Jul 2010 3:11 AM

Yeah, Peggy hairs are infamous for gaps and borkage, not to mention overpriced, though I don't tend to believe in paysites anyways. The site itself seems to be free of things like viruses and trojans and the like, it's just that apparently people there like to overuse sparklies from what I've heard, so your eyes may start to hurt a bit. Supposedly the previous layout of the site had enough pink and glitter to cause seizures and vomiting...

In any case, another good place to look for retextures and fixed meshes is GOS (Garden Of Shadows), they do a lot of retextures and recolors of Peggy, Rose, and XM hairs there, and there can be a lot of variety in the way just one mesh is executed.