Mod The Sims
Page 1 of 7

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Sims 2: Is this goodbye forever? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=331310)

akire 24th Mar 2009 6:57 PM

Sims 2: Is this goodbye forever?

Now with only a couple months left for Sims 3 to come out I was wondering how many of you will abandon Sims 2 completely? Will you purchase it right away or wait for an ep?

I've grown to love my existing Sims in my game lol. I would probably wait for S3 to come out with an ep first before saying farewell.

heavenzdvl987_SC 24th Mar 2009 7:00 PM

I most likely will abandon TS2. I have no particular attachment to any of my characters, both because I've done many reinstalls and because I seem to like more recently created Sims rather than older ones. I guess the old ones just get boring. I'm actually looking forward to TS3 changing that - I'm hoping with more developed personalities and only one neighborhood, my interest will be captured for longer.

I am getting TS3 as soon as I can get my hands on it

blackdaisies 24th Mar 2009 7:05 PM

For me, it will depend on if I can get a new computer by then. There's no point for me trying to force my old computer (which I built for Sims 2, actually and only did a small RAM and graphic card upgrade recently) to run it.

If I get it, then I plan to try to recreate my major families and continue their lives as if nothing happened. :D

Thrior 24th Mar 2009 7:38 PM

If I ever buy the game, I won't get it immediately after its' release. I don't believe anything EA tells me beforehand so I'll wait and see what actual players think about it. Annoyances are often overlooked when the game is still fresh and new, but when that "wow"-stage passes, we'll start getting some objective comments.

I personally don't find the idea of starting it all over again too appealing. I have grown attached to many of my sims. In my case, I tend to like the old ones better and I often find it difficult to start with a new family. I would probably try to re-create some of the most essential characters but we'll see.
Also... seeing how my sims tend to be rather strange looking, I would love to have CC as soon as possible. I rather wait so that creators have time to make their stuff. I'm in no rush with getting the game.

It's possible that I won't get the game at all. I'm not that interested about the sims anymore so I'm not sure if I bother to start it all over again. If that happens and nobody is interested about TS2 anymore then I'll probably leave the community and play only for my own amusement.

Captain THPS4 24th Mar 2009 8:06 PM

With how often I'll play The Sims 2 then it will most likely be goodbye forever unless I'm feeling very nostalgic. In regards to existing characters I'm remaking some of my favorite sims and Rock Band characters in The Sims 3. Sure they'll look a little bit different but that's how my characters mature, and they're still the same in spirit.

I want to purchase The Sims 3 at release, it's nearly everything I wanted from The Sims in the first place. I just have to hope that there aren't a huge amount of glitches. I'll already be off school when it comes out, bonus! :D

KyleTheArtist 24th Mar 2009 8:42 PM

I don't think I'll buy TS3...The Idea of free walk around think doesn't amuse me. I'd be confused having 2 familes at a time and I'll probly just switch back to TS2

Petchy 24th Mar 2009 8:48 PM

I will *hope* to play both, I'll hopefull still create for TS2 AND TS3, But you never know until you get your hands on the game IMHO

Fernweather 24th Mar 2009 9:01 PM

I suppose it'll all depend on the quality of TS3.

I do remember that when I first got TS2, I figured I wouldn't be giving up TS1 for a while, since I had a number of EPs and a neighborhood full of Sims that I was attached to. After playing TS2 for about an hour, though, I completely lost interest in TS1 and never went back to it. It would be nice if TS3 could be that big of an improvement over TS2.

schitzwa_SC 24th Mar 2009 9:03 PM

I'm feeling sorry for the sims 2 and if it wasn't for the fact that I accidently deleted my 5 generation legacy I would be reluctant to leave them, but I did delete them thus I have no sims to feel sorry for so i will instantly be onto the sims 3. The computer I have right now only needs a slight processor upgrade and it should run fine..so...yay!

honeynutcows_SC 24th Mar 2009 9:09 PM

there is no way i will leave sims 2, i get far to attached to my sims. My legacy families and even the lots i've built would seem so wasted just left. I've got sims in my game from two years ago (and a download folder thats just been "perfected") so i would be an idiot to abandon that, and well my computer can handle both so i can has my cake and eat it. i suppose it will be just the same playing them 2 and 3 as it is switching from half life to fallout etc when i feel like a change.

sophieacd_SC 24th Mar 2009 9:35 PM

I don't think I'd be able to leave sims 2 at this point, mostly because I got attached to my families. And my laptop is slow and it won't be a good idea to install sims 3 on it.

CeJaye 24th Mar 2009 11:53 PM

Heck, I'm still playing Sims 1, in addition to Sims 2. *If* I do get Sims 3, it won't be for at least six months after it's released. By then, I'll know via reviews if it's worth it, most of the bugs should be fixed, and I'll have a computer that will be able to run it with no problems.

simstate 24th Mar 2009 11:55 PM

I'm gonna have to buy a new laptop in order to be able to play sims 3 (I put my laptop through the test at the u Gamers’ Game-o-Meter, which automates checking if your computer can run sims 3) and got the bad news, so I'll be waiting for a while. Unlike the sims, money doesn't drop from the sky for me!

angelsavoir 25th Mar 2009 12:44 AM

Im not sure whats going to happen for me. I will definatly be getting sims 3, but I dont play sims 2 as much as I used to anyways. But I think I would still want to go back sometimes and play.

Slytherin-Girl 25th Mar 2009 1:07 AM

I'll be sticking with Sims2 I think. I won't say for sure, but I'm so fond of all my simmys it'd be too hard to leave them!

slipknot93 25th Mar 2009 1:08 AM

I'm staying with 2, I'm not sure if the sims 3 will run for me anyway

crocobaura 25th Mar 2009 1:30 AM

I am actually looking forward to TS3. Maybe I'll still keep playing Sims2 once TS3 is out, but who knows.

gonebynow_SC 25th Mar 2009 1:47 AM

I'll most likely stick with The Sims 2. My laptop can barely handle my simmies as it is, nevermind adding the third in there. I made a mistake buying The Sims 2 when it first came out due to my exitement only to find it didn't work on my computer, and that's me just managed to get a laptop to play it a couple of years later. I'm planning on waiting until all EPs are out and to find out if it's any good or not, then I'll get a new computer and I'll maybe buy it and play it. I don't think I'd ever stop playing The Sims 2 though, I love it too much. :P

iCad 25th Mar 2009 3:38 AM

I have absolutely no plans to buy TS3. Ever. I doubt my lappy will run it, anyway, and I hate desktop PCs; if I can't mess around on my comp whilst sitting in bed or on a comfy couch, I'm just not interested. (Who, me? A hedonist? ) Plus, the game just doesn't sound that appealing to me, being the awful curmudgeon that I am.

Viviolay 25th Mar 2009 3:46 AM

I hope it's not goodbye forever D: I JUST got into Sims during this school year, and don't even have all the expansions yet (just NL, OFB, UNI, and Seasons..) To me it's still a new game, and I'm currently working on planning an in depth neighborhood (like Apple Valley's). I don't think a lot of the things I want to try will be doable in Sims 3 till other creators/modders get their hands on it. So I'll stick with Sims 2 and enjoy my new game for a while and see what Sims 3 has in store for it later =] (Though a lot of the features appeal to me and I will be reading the threads of all the people showing off their new game in June!)

kennyinbmore 25th Mar 2009 3:47 AM

I haven't played TS2 in a couple of months. It's history once TS3 comes out

alliemarie2323 25th Mar 2009 3:53 AM

I'm definitely not going to ditch TS2. I'm probably going to wait at least a month to buy TS3 after it comes out to see what you guys think of it first

ani_ 25th Mar 2009 4:07 AM

I'm buying it the moment it comes out. Will I stick with it or not, can't say untill I play.

tree4me 25th Mar 2009 4:30 AM

The Sims 2 has been too good to me, so I'm not abandoning it.

simtastic_SC 25th Mar 2009 2:06 PM

Im going to play sims 2 on my laptop and sims 3 on my desktop!