Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 3 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=561)
-   -   can pets get fat? (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=457433)

Deathfish 8th Oct 2011 11:55 PM

can pets get fat?

I'm just wondering because it would be kind of cool.

Srikandi 9th Oct 2011 12:00 AM

Don't think so :/ No slider in CAP. Agree it would be cool (and realistic). And exercise would make em thin.

saphfire27 9th Oct 2011 12:07 AM

aww I want a fat pony

mewichigo34 9th Oct 2011 1:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Don't think so :/ No slider in CAP. Agree it would be cool (and realistic). And exercise would make em thin.

Awww!Then I can't make my cats!

Deathfish 9th Oct 2011 4:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mewichigo34
Awww!Then I can't make my cats!

if i remember correctly, there are sliders that can change some parts of the pet body.

jonha 9th Oct 2011 10:05 AM

There are sliders to change the fatness. Not sure if you can change it ingame using eating, though. But just creating a fat pony or cat should be possible.

RestlessEllis 9th Oct 2011 6:57 PM

There are sliders to change body shape to make pets appear fat, (Or to create the correct proportions for certains breeds and animals as some are broader in certain areas) but I havn't seen any which are actually weight sliders yet which work like the one for sims. So I guess a fat animal is possible but only an eternally fat animal :D

I hope this is in the full game though, because pet weight is something an owner should be aware of, so it would make sense for it to be in the sims - a sim could jsut keep feeding their dogs treat after treat, never exercise them and their iddy little skinny thing gets really fat and they get a call from the social worker telling them to watch out (But no worries, they're sims, a quick walk around the block would drop that weight no problem.)

Also it could add some realism for stray pets to start out being very skinny, but as people feed them more and more often they put on weight.

Deathfish 9th Oct 2011 10:46 PM

since we have pets in the upcoming expansion, will there be a veterinarian career path also? i think it will be more realistic if animals get fat and become sick and you can schedule an appointment with the vet to treat your pet. also an animal shelter as a new community lot would rule as well.

Srikandi 10th Oct 2011 12:57 AM

No vet career No new careers at all, though you can make money through equestrian competitions, and you may be able to register that as self-employment.

Edit: Shimrod confirms in another thread that you can indeed be a self-employed equestrian.

van Dorn 11th Oct 2011 3:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Deathfish
since we have pets in the upcoming expansion, will there be a veterinarian career path also? i think it will be more realistic if animals get fat and become sick and you can schedule an appointment with the vet to treat your pet. also an animal shelter as a new community lot would rule as well.

I agree, but seeing how our sims don't even get ill with even a cold, I doubt that animals will.

Axe Gaijin 11th Oct 2011 9:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
No vet career No new careers at all, though you can make money through equestrian competitions, and you may be able to register that as self-employment.

Edit: Shimrod confirms in another thread that you can indeed be a self-employed equestrian.

Mhh wonder if you can register as a cat/dog breeder?

DeLoure 12th Oct 2011 3:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Mhh wonder if you can register as a cat/dog breeder?

I like this idea, Axe Gaijin!

In OFB, we could do something similar - operate a pet store. But we couldn't breed 'em. (At least, I don't remember being able to do so.)

RestlessEllis 12th Oct 2011 6:57 PM

I know we couldn't register as a pet breeder, but breeding pets and selling them was actually a decent way to bring in some cash back in TS2, I don't think you needed OFB to do it either, but if you ran a business you could earn money towards it by selling them.

You got more money for the more positive learnt behaviours (Quiet, eats pet food etc.) and more still for any tricks learnt - which meant to really get the most they had to either be adults, or you needed to cheat to teach them tricks as puppies. But you could still get quite a lot.

I hope register as a pet breeder will be an option like gardener or painter, and if not I wonder how hard that would be to mod in?

Srikandi 13th Oct 2011 2:05 AM

Currently, everything you can register as self-employed involves a skill. And afaik there's no skill for breeding.

Might be moddable, but not in any really straightforward way, I'd think. More like a profession really.

Which is not to say it couldn't be done... career modding is pretty well-understood at this point, I believe Can always check out the tut at NRaas if you're curious. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index...._260#entry32362

amberXmcr 18th Oct 2011 8:00 PM

I really think that they should have a Vet career! It would add some extra realism to the game, along with if the pets were able to be fat or skinny. But, I'm sure EA already has a lot of work to do. I'm just hoping it does happen. Either through updates or mods.