Mod The Sims

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 2 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   WooHoo (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429753)

ForcefieldKid66 31st Dec 2010 2:39 AM

WooHoo

I'm wondering how you guys rationalize woohoo in the game in terms of unwanted pregnancy. I'm sure a lot of you have a 'Lothario' character who runs around getting women pregnant then going on to the next, but with the option of 'Try for a baby' does it not take the surprise element out of it? Surely a storyline of accidental pregnancy is shot when you've clicked to actually try for a kid?

Or is clicking Woohoo still at a risk of making a baby?

It's very late and I hope I'm making sense!

WooHoo31 31st Dec 2010 2:40 AM

Think of it as WooHoo is using a condom, and Try For Baby is not using a condom. In other words, you won't have a surprise baby from WooHoo itself. You have to Try For Baby in order to have a baby.

el_flel 31st Dec 2010 2:46 AM

I have ACR and turn on the option for risky woohoo. Makes it a bit more fun.

Lavaster 31st Dec 2010 3:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by el_flel

Once a Sim got accidentally pregnant and I didn't want a stupid baby to care for, so I think I installed InSim, did abortion, and uninstalled it.

karrie85 31st Dec 2010 4:56 AM

Well, Try for a Baby doesn't always get your sim pregnant, so really it's just unprotected 'woohoo', where as the other one is pretty much protects. I have some adult content that I use that you can turn pregnancy on when using the objects and I've had sims get pregnant from that rather than trying for a baby before and it is really quite surprising.

katya_stevens 31st Dec 2010 12:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by el_flel

Same here. Even though I have unmarried try for baby off, ACR and InTeen still conspires to give me at least one college baby a rotation in my Prosperity (and one notable time when, thanks to Trips&Quads, one sim had FIVE children in college).

Really, though, my pregnancy control is through ACR: if I'm trying to control the population/number of households I change the token settings to disallow pregnancy. If I'm not trying to control pregnancy...well, everyone takes a risk when they woohoo :P

Peni Griffin 31st Dec 2010 12:47 PM

I don't have ACR and I use "try for baby" when:
both parents want one (deliberately maximizing the possibility); on these occasions I'll even woohoo them when neither of them is feeling amorous, as parents trying for a child can turn it into a chore. With a hot tub or plenty of time available you can have two or three woohoos in a session.
One parent wants one (but s/he has to seduce the other partner into woohooing without birth control).
Both potential parents are wild to woohoo but not thinking about babies ("Dammit, I'm out of rubbers!" "Never mind, I think it's a safe day, come here.")
I'm ready to add a baby to the household for whatever reason. Out of kindness to the sims, I prefer to take the time and set up a full-blown Night of Passion to accomplish it.

Then I use the household story to write up the occasion however makes story sense. If you as player want to be surprised, as opposed to your sims, then ACR is the way to go.

AlexandraSpears 31st Dec 2010 1:50 PM

With Inteen, if you don't have a flavor pak installed, WooHoo is always risky. Once I had a married couple accidentally conceive in the hot tub. Which was actually okay, because I was going to have them try for baby in bed later that night!

But with normal game rules, what everyone said--a baby won't come with just regular WooHoo.

ForcefieldKid66 31st Dec 2010 2:11 PM

Sorry for my Newbness guys but, ACR?

funcioná!!! 31st Dec 2010 3:19 PM

ACR: Autonomous Casual Romance. A mod that makes sims do romantic interactions autonomously (is that the right word?) and also has a risky woohoo feature. InTeenimater also has a risky WooHoo feature, and allows teens to get pregnant too. You can use both mods and they don't conflict. You can find them at Simbology.com.

grammapat 31st Dec 2010 9:09 PM

Can't live without ACR! It does a LOT! Turn off jealousy for a sim (perfect for you Romance sim) or for a LOT. Make a sim totally faithful (or many other choices) - no more marriage disasters when the husband slapped his sweet old-fashioned wife just because some CAD flirted with her! Make a sim UNABLE to get pregnant (my old-world human shouldn't get pregnant!), make a sim gay (or not, or something in between). You can adjust their "fertility" level, so pregnancy is rare, or happens every time they make out on the couch - and THEY will decide to "do it" whenever, where ever they want; so pregnancy (finally!) can be up to THEM!

Savalara 2nd Jan 2011 12:37 AM

If both parents want a baby, WooHoo is protection and Try for Baby is none.

If one or neither parents want a baby, well, the protection isn't doing its job too well, huh?

Simonut 2nd Jan 2011 3:20 AM

Here is a warning to all "Romance sims" You may "Woohoo" all you want to, but in my game they will pay big time like "Child Support" if they should get a single female sims pregnant.

I use a wonderful mod to make them pay (they lay they pay ) hahahaaa for anyone who would like to use this mod it is by "Monique" for child support, it is on this site MTS.

Oh and by the way Don Lothario in my game is a change man he is married and with two children they are twins a boy and girl and I must say he is a good father. Ok here is the link for the mod I hope it will help anyone who may want it as follow:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=163933

vhanster 2nd Jan 2011 8:16 AM

I never use Risky WooHoo or Try for Baby... My "Don Lothario sim" being female, I'd end up with infinite unwanted babies if I do.

smorbie1 2nd Jan 2011 10:26 AM

I just use try for baby. They don't always get pregnant, and I like the risk; it's more like RL